PDA

View Full Version : Dean Simmons Tribute to Garth

Paula
02-29-2000, 05:42 PM
I almost forgot :o...my niece gave me a pair of tickets to see this show at the end of March. I've heard that he puts on a great show so I can't wait to check him out. Does anyone remember if this is the same person who was the subject of some posts several months ago and who visited PG?<P>PaulaN

GarthFanCanada1
02-29-2000, 05:55 PM
Paula....<P>I don't know if it was Dean Simmons I saw, but the guy who did the Legends concert when I saw it was a GREAT Garth..... Enjoy the show!!!<P>BarkleyN

Freckle_Butt_Spanky
02-29-2000, 05:56 PM
There was a Garth imposter one time that was actually meeting people and signing autographs as Garth Brooks and none of the people knew it was just an imposter, these poor folks thought they were actually thinking they met Garth and had a real autograph. It was on television, I think it was a talk show like Sally Jessie long time ago. Maybe somebody knows more?? :D :D<P>I do not think it is this guy here though your talking about seeing. :D :D :DN

Odexut77
02-29-2000, 06:52 PM
<B>Paula</B><P>Yes, Dean Simmons was the one who posted on PG and I think was the one you remember the posts about. My husband and I went to we him in Portland. He is a really sweet guy and does a very good tribute to Garth. You are lucky to get a chance to see him. Say, "Hi!" for me if you can :)<P>He knows about Planet Garth and even signed an autographed picture that I posted. I will see if I can find it and I will post it here again. <P>His website is: <BR> <A HREF="http://www.deansimmons.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.deansimmons.com</A> <P>His E-mail: <A HREF="mailto:deansimmons@earthlink.net">deansimmons@earthlink.net</A> <P><BR>Kathy77<BR>N

Paula
03-01-2000, 03:26 AM
Thanks, Kathy, I did find his website and had remembered seeing it before...that's what made me think that he was the person who had visited PG before. Thanks for confirming it...if I do get to talk to him I will tell him Kathy from Portland said hi! :) I'll also ask him to stop back in and say hi to everyone here.<P>PaulaN

Odexut77
03-01-2000, 02:54 PM
<B>Hi Paula</B><P>This took me a little longer to get this posted than I thought it would, I couldn't get back into PG last night.<P><B>Here is the autographed picture of Dean.</B> :D<BR> <A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=13912&a=43487&p=12285305" TARGET=_blank>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=13912&a=43487&p=12285305</A> <P><I>Sorry this is so grainy I must have scanned it badly... Sorry this is so grainy I must have scanned it badly</I><P>You Keep A Happy Thought ;)<BR>N

Paula
04-01-2000, 11:38 AM
I saw Dean Simmons last night and he put on a great show...even with some technical difficulties with his headset mike. Very energetic...the stage was much too small for him. He came out into the audience a couple of times, once sitting at the table I was at to sing <I>Unanswered Prayers</I> to a couple of women who were sitting beside me. "Shania Twain" opened for him (her name was Stephanie something) and she did a good job as well.<P><B>Kathy,</B> I did tell him you said hello...he said he either grew up in or lived for a while in Portland. I also told him to stop by PG sometime. He signed my program and wrote "Say Hi to PG for me!" Maybe he'll stop in and say hello himself if he gets some time.<P>PaulaN

Fresh_Horses
04-01-2000, 05:38 PM
I don't like imposters.N

honky
04-01-2000, 09:19 PM
Oh thanks for sharing! Dean did come here a couple times ;) I even emailed to him about his performance.<P>TommyN

Odexut77
04-02-2000, 05:42 PM
<B>Paula</B> Thanks for Sayin' "hi" for me. Doesn't he put on a nice show! :D My husband and I drove down from Seattle to see him in Portland, Oregon. We got to meet his Uncle and Dad and his Mother and Brother were there too he had alot fo friends and family at that show :) It was great fun! He has a lot of respect for Garth and he does a wonderful tribute to Show. <P>You Keep A Happy Thought!<P>Kathy77N

Odexut77
04-02-2000, 05:44 PM
<B>Paula</B> Thanks for Sayin' "hi" for me. Doesn't he put on a nice show! :D My husband and I drove down from Seattle to see him in Portland, Oregon. We got to meet his Uncle and Dad and his Mother and Brother were there too he had alot fo friends and family at that show :) It was great fun! He has a lot of respect for Garth and he does a wonderful tribute to Show. <P>You Keep A Happy Thought!<P>Kathy77N

Dean Simmons
04-04-2000, 07:49 PM
Hey Guys!!<BR> I'm Baaaack.... hehe :) <BR>Paula, I told you I would drop by! I got to tell all of you guys: It is such a great feeling to read the nice things you have been saying about me and our show. I feel truly blessed to have gained acceptance and support from TRUE GARTH FANS! I have had the pleasure of meeting two of you at my shows now (that I know of), and I hope I continue to meet many more of the GB fans from here at Planet Garth. I will be checking back periodically. Take care, all of you.<BR>-Dean SimmonsN

Deafcowboy
04-04-2000, 08:01 PM
Whoo...Dean, don't ya have bedtime?<P>LOL...just joking...<P>It's nice to see ya around once again...hope ya come back more often...learn about us NUTS...heh<P>DeafcowboyN

SeaGBfan
04-04-2000, 08:32 PM
Cool! Could you give us more information about the concert? I, for one, would like to know more about how it is. What songs are sung? Does he swivel? ( I know it can be like The Man, but how is it?) Those are a few of the questions I have!!<P>MaryN

Pilgrim
04-06-2000, 03:40 AM
Dean!<P>Have you ever thought about coming to Europe (Denmark)?? :) :) ;)<P>That would be cool :D<P>If I can't get the best I get along with the second to the best :)<P>BrianN

zulu
04-06-2000, 06:23 AM
Dean,<P>Real cool to have you here with us.<P>I'll ask the same as Pilgrim. Will you be coming to Europe (in my case Geneva, Switzerland) :D :D. <P>As Brian said if we can't have DaMan over here at least we get to see the next best thing. <P>ZuluN

honky
04-06-2000, 08:41 AM
ahahahaa.. Zulu and Brian, <P>You guys are funny!! Maybe Dean can fulfill Garth's place to some extent...LOL :D<P><BR>Dean,<P>Hey, is there any chance that you would tour Canada westcoast? ;)<P><BR>TommyN

Dean Simmons
04-06-2000, 10:12 AM
I have always wanted to do Europe. Maybe you guys can help me out. I know Garth is HUGE popular in Ireland and England because of his touring there. Where else in Europe in he REALLY POPULAR?? Some of you guys wouldn't believe it, but in some places of the world, the folks have never heard of The Man. I am in the process of putting together some new promotional materials to pitch my show to new places. I will talk to you guys about it more later. <BR> I have to catch a plane in a couple hours. I am playing Jackson Mississippi this weekend. Any PG'ers around there? Also I will be in Kansas City the 9th - 11th.. (Sun Mon Tues)... Anyway I will be gone for a week but I will check back in and answer any questions you guys might have as soon as I get back. All the best to all of you.<BR>Take care,<BR>-Dean Simmons <A HREF="http://www.deansimmons.com" TARGET=_blank>www.deansimmons.com</A> <BR> N

jenn_7
04-06-2000, 10:27 AM
Zulu! Wow, too bad I didn't check your profile before last week, my husband and I were in Morzine France for the week! (We also visited Lausanne, Chaminix, Evian, and a few others). You are so lucky to live in such a truly beautiful area!!!! <BR>Jean-I know for a fact there are tons of Garth fans in both Germany and Belgium! They love him here! jenn_7N

jenn_7
04-06-2000, 10:28 AM
Oh! Sorry, I meant Dean! My left brain was taking over again!N

Paula
04-06-2000, 06:44 PM
Hey, Dean, glad you stopped by to say hello!<P>Mary, to answer you about the songs Dean sings, he does many of Garth's hits. He did sing a few slow songs, but mostly sang the fast-paced songs. He didn't do Shameless...I was waiting for the swivel since I had a seat right up front. His show ran about 90 minutes so he did fit in a lot of songs. I don't know if he changes the set list for different shows. The band was also good, but I don't know if they were his band or just a local band that played with him the night I went.<P>If he comes to your area, you should check him out.<P>PaulaN

zulu
04-06-2000, 11:27 PM
Jenn_7<P>I cannot believe that you where here right next to me and didn't say anything. Man what a missed opportunity. I presume you had to go through Geneva from Morzine on your way to Lausanne and Chamonix. Next time be sure to tell me I would relly love to meet other PG's.<P>This also to any other PGer who intends to come to this sied of the pond. If you are ever in the vicinity drop me a line. :)<P>ZuluN

Pilgrim
04-07-2000, 03:25 PM
Dean<P>I would LOVE it if you sometime could come to our yearly country festival here in Denmark :)<P>They have what they call HUGE names each year ----&gt;DON WILLIAMS!!!!!<P>He's good, but he's not THAT good and any half Garth Brooks would definitely be better :D<P>I will try and write them a letter if you want, and hear what the chances are :)<P>BrianN

Dean Simmons
04-13-2000, 12:06 PM
That sounds great. I would love to look into that. Feel free to email me personally about further details. Hope to see ya someday soon!<BR>-DeanN

Pilgrim
04-13-2000, 03:35 PM
Dean<P>I will write them a letter :) :)<P>That would be SO cool if they actually gets hooked on the idea :)<P>Maybe other Danish Garth fans around here would join in (Lars, Palle, Betina, Henrik ;))<P>BrianN

Bobgrun
07-20-2006, 11:05 PM
C'mon now. All the nice things you are all saying about Dean... You are going to make it hard for him to get his head through the door! *kidding* You are all giving compliments to one very genuine and nice person. Dean... this is Lloyd's son Bob.

Been trying to plan a trip out to relax for a bit and catch a show but can't get your email or web site to open for some reason. If you drop by and read this, shoot me an email at bobgrun@yahoo.com

And all you Garth fans who haven't seen Dean yet, I first met this guy a lot of years ago (the good ol' Flower Drum) and each time I see him I'm more impressed than the last time. Give yourself a treat and catch Dean's show!

gigglebear
07-21-2006, 12:40 AM
Hey Dean, just wanted to say hello.
i'm a huge garth fan. :D feel free to ask me
anything. My name is Jessica.

DeanSimmons
03-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Hey Everybody! Just checking in to say hello. Drop by my new site at www.GarthGuy.com and swing by my myspace at www.myspace.com/deansimmons - I hope all the Garth fans are happy and well out there. Take care!!
-Dean Simmons

mammafox
03-17-2008, 05:13 PM
Hey dean do you ever get out to so cal???
Would love to see you.

LostSessions
03-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Wow Dean! I recognize you because when I do an image search on yahoo or google for Garth pics, your picture pops up just as much as Garth's!

Thanks for stopping by and checking in with us. I'm checking out your website right now! :applause:

Maggie526
03-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi Dean. The GarthGuy!!! cool.. I have also seen your pic many times while searching. Awesome sites. Thanks