PDA

View Full Version : Coming Soon.... New Planet Garth

PlanetGarth.com
03-02-1999, 05:39 PM
I thought that I would just give you guys something to look forward to (we need some good news around here :) ). I will be redesigning Planet Garth in the very near future. <P>I have no other details to release currently.<P>If you have a wish list for what you would like to see, then I am willing to listen.<P>BrandonN

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
03-02-1999, 06:32 PM
Brandon,<P>I think you do a wonderful job with this Website! :) <P>I would like to see a Chat option added! N

PlanetGarth.com
03-03-1999, 12:54 PM
Thanks!<P>I know that this has been and will be a frequent request, so I think I'll address this immediately. A chat room will not be added. #gbfan on IRC has been "PG's chat room" of choice for three years. Even if we were to add a PG only chat room on to the site, I haven't found any kind of software that is easy to install and use, as well as inexpensive.<P>Thanks for the suggestion though, I didn't mean to be too harsh. :)<BR>N

actore
03-03-1999, 02:51 PM
Brandon, looking forward to it!N

jaredev
03-03-1999, 03:53 PM
Not that this will make any difference in your decision, but at <A HREF="http://www.beseen.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.beseen.com</A> you can get a free chat made by BeSeen.<P>Just happened to think of that when I read this...<P>keep up the good work! :)N

honky
03-03-1999, 09:17 PM
<b>Brandon</b>,<P>WOOOHOOOO, a whole new PG :) Ok, I can't really think of any addition to this website because it's already the best. <P>Oh, what about adding musics to Planet Garth? I mean, you could pick YOUR FAVORITE song every week right? How's that? <P>TommyN

PlanetGarth.com
03-15-1999, 11:30 AM
Tommy<P>Thanks for the suggestion...<BR>More audio files, and an enhanced voting system are planned for the redesign.<P>BN

Odexut77
03-15-1999, 09:55 PM
<b>Brandon</b> :)<P>Planet Garth is such a wonderful site, it's exciting to here there's some new stuff!<P>How about a Garthlink Bulletin Board where we can post the URL's to all the latest Garth news and cool pictures etc.?<P>Kathy N

kev_duv99
03-16-1999, 06:30 AM
I would like to see Garth trivia, More Garth Pics, Updated Garth Merchandise, Garth Desktops and Screensavers. N

honky
03-16-1999, 07:49 PM
Brandon,<P>What about Garth's lyric of the week? I mean, you could put eg) <i>"We're all one big family throughout the city and the towns"</i> in the front page of Planet Garth. I just a thought.<P>TommyN

mikeb49
03-17-1999, 12:44 PM
i personally think you have done a great job, i was a little worried about the updates but I can now see that you are hard at work....<P>i would love to see more garth pics on the main page, music when you open the page, (maybe different music for different parts of the page?)<P>i would also like to see what planetgarth has achieved, like in ways of how its influenced garth and what its doing and so on...<P>and again...a round of applause for ya....N

honky
03-22-1999, 12:58 PM
<b>Brandon</b>,<P>When are you going to make changes? and does that mean PG won't be avaliable for a couple days?<P>Please say no.....LOL<P>TommyN

PlanetGarth.com
03-22-1999, 02:50 PM
You guys are coming up with good suggestions. I already had a few of them in mind, I don't know what will make it into the release though. You'll definatley see more sound clips.<P>Honky...<BR>I don't have a release date yet. I'll keep you posted. And no PG won't be down for any period of time.<BR>N

charmed1
03-22-1999, 03:29 PM
Hi <P>This is my first ever post to this site<BR>I wanted to let you know what I think should be in this new site. I think it would be so GREAT to have an album sales area with up to date GARTH album sales. Maybe even have each individual albums sales by the album on the albums site. What do you think?N

GBCruiser
03-23-1999, 05:25 PM
Hi Brandon<BR> Well I guess there is always room for improvement but I don't know how you can possibly improve this awesome site. I'm sure you have some great ideas/additions coming that will please us all even more. Looking forward to them and thanks for all that you do to keep us up-to-date on the Greatest Entertainer of the Decade into the much anticipated Millenium. Jo-AnnN

Gar7hFan
03-24-1999, 05:49 PM
Brandon,<BR> First let me say that this site is the best Garth site I have seen. Believe me, I'm all over the web looking for new stuff about Garth all the time. Yours is the most up-to-date and accurat I've found. Since Garth isn't touring this year, what about posting a schedule of where he will be appearing in baseball games if one is available? I understand he stays after the games to meet his fans and sign autographs. Who wouldn't pay a couple of bucks to see him play and have a very good chance of meeting him in person, since it is very hard to get backstage at one of his concerts? MIDI files added to the site would be very cool also. There's not much else I can think of to make this site any better than it already is. You have a tough job on your hands, and its going to be interesting to see what the result will be. (Better you than me! LOL) Keep up the good work. <P>RCN

Conor McLaughlin
03-25-1999, 08:11 AM
Here's An Idea That Just Came To Me......<P>Would it be possible to have a place where we could post photographs of ourselves, so we know who we're talking to when we post replies??N

Garthologist
03-25-1999, 11:07 AM
Conor - I love your idea! That would be soooooooo coooooool to see what everyone looks like. Maybe our pics or "avitars" as they are called could be next to our nicknames if it won't slow the site down too much.<P> :) ToniN

NJ4GARTH
03-25-1999, 10:52 PM
CONOR,<BR>NOW THAT'S A GOOD IDEA!!!!!<P>TOMN

charmed1
03-26-1999, 05:16 PM
Hello evryone,<P>I do not at all want to be rude but will some of the people reading the posts on this news group look up and you will se my screen name "Charmed1" can anyone please reply to my message about an album sales section! I really want to hear what evryone thinks about my idea. Also can anyone tell me whare I might be able to find this information? Thanks so much!! Again I mean no rudeness by this post I just feal my post was overlooked. :)N

honky
03-26-1999, 10:07 PM
<b>charmed1 </b>,<P>I read your post that time and it is a great idea. Ok, here is the breakdown of total album sales:<P>(by the way, all numbers are in millions..)<P>1)Garth Brooks: 9<BR>2)No Fences: 16<BR>3)Ropin' the wind: 14<BR>4)Beyond the Seasons: 3<BR>5)The Chase: 8<BR>6)In Pieces: 8<BR>7)The Hits: 10<BR>8)Fresh Horses: 6<BR>9)Sevens: 6<BR>10)Double Live: 12<BR>Total: This total is supposed to be 92 million, but RIAA only counts 89 million.<P>(Limited Series was certified 12 millions. RIAA added 2 millions to each of the 6 albums.)<P>Although Double Live is certified 12 millions, based on Soundscan, it has only sold around 4 million since November (each album counts as 2 units). The selling of Double Live went down from last week 52~61 spot. Obviously, Garth needs to put out more singles from Double Live to push DL's selling :) <P>On Billboard country chart, Double Live stays at #4 spot after George Strait's <i>Meanwhile</i><P>LOL.. it's funny how I keep myself updated each week. I constantly check Billboards and Wall of Sound, and that's why I knew this little details.<P>Tommy<BR>PS: Garth received 4 Diamond Awards which were given to top albums that reached 10 million margin. Garth has 4: Double Live, No Fences, Ropin' the Wind, and The Hits.<BR>N

honky
03-26-1999, 10:09 PM
oh by the way, if you're interested in video sellings, <b>This is Garth Brooks</b> sold 5 million copies and <b>Garth Brooks Collection</b> sold 3 millions. :D<P>TommyN

PlanetGarth.com
03-27-1999, 09:55 PM
charmed1<P>Thanks for the suggestion. I do plan to include the album sales in the near future.N

CRAZE_4_GARTH
04-02-1999, 04:00 AM
I would like to see more mp3 files on his concerts. Do you have any sites or any information that could help in my searchN

charmed1
04-02-1999, 12:29 PM
Brandon<P>Do you have any idea when the new site will be finished. I am not objectionable to a long wait time however because the longer we wait the better the site will be. Also would you consider putting some hilightable buttons and/or animated GIF files on the page I think it would really dress up the new site. I almost forgot maybe you could add a Java Scroller with the latest daily news. These this are small but they would make me very happy. Thanks so much :) :) :) N

PlanetGarth.com
04-15-1999, 12:58 PM
charmed1, I answered your question in a previous thread, but in case anyone else didn't see it, I plan on an early May release.<P><b>Also</b> just to give an update. We will be releasing a new mailing list in the next week or two. This new, "newsletter" type list will only be for Announcements, updates, and other tid-bits from Planet Garth. So now we will have the "PGBox" along with the "GarthBox".<P>Last... 70% of Planet Garth users access the site with at least a version 4+ web browser. The new PG, as with all modern web sites, work better and sometimes only in the latest web browser. If you have not upgraded to the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer (5.0), or Netscape Communicator (4.5), you are strongly encouraged to do so. They are free from their respective web sites.<BR>N

HeatherCox
04-15-1999, 01:16 PM
Brandon,<BR>I am new to the forum as of today! I must tell you that I am so suprized to see you chatting with everyone! This is a great place to be! Planet Garth has been my home page for a couple of years now, but I am finally getting in and chatting with all the members! You are applauded for taking interest in all of our opinions and I think that is why your web sight is THE BEST for GB fans!!! I would personally LOVE to hear music. <BR>Thanks again for having the best, most informative sight!! :)<BR>-Heather From Alabama ;)N

Paula
04-17-1999, 06:02 PM
Okay, Brandon, I'm ready. I upgraded this afternoon to Internet Explorer 5.0.<P>PaulaN

PlanetGarth.com
04-17-1999, 09:48 PM
Heather, thanks I appreciate the kind words.<P>Good job Paula. Glad to see you are on the ball ;)<P><BR>N