PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

MDgarthgirl
08-29-1999, 12:04 PM
Argh! I didn't see this forum or I would have asked here! sorry. :o In my "I missed you guys so much!!" topic, I suggested a Writers/Drawers Forum for anyone who wants to post under such a title. Mainly because it's hard to keep up with so many topics on the Open Forum. I'm almost sure PCL would be behind it as well as honky(Tommy, I think).<P>Another question I have was...this is hard to describe, but when I sign on anytime AFTER posting a topic, the icon will indicate that there are new posts in it, but the number of posts will be the same as when I left it the day before. Any ideas as to what's up? <P>Thanks for your help,<BR>StephanieN

Pilgrim
08-29-1999, 12:37 PM
I think it's a GREAT idea Stephanie :D<BR>and I have said it before ;)<P>BrianN

honky
08-29-1999, 02:16 PM
<B>Stephanie</B>,<P>VERY COOL SUGGESTIONG :)<P>TommyN

Chris Gaines
08-29-1999, 05:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Another question I have was...this is hard to describe, but when I sign on anytime AFTER posting a topic, the icon will indicate that there are new posts in it, but the number of posts will be the same as when I left it the day before. Any ideas as to what's up?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Stephanie That is because when you post a new Topic.. or reply.. it registers the reply.. as a "New" post you haven't read yet.. which indeed you did not read yet cause it is new, but has already "registered" the post in the counts because you are auto-updated when you click "Submit". So what I do.. is Refresh PG Forums to show that I read 'em at the time of my postuing.. then the next time I come to PG Forums it will not show as a new post to me.<P>hope I didn't confuse you. :)<P>JasonN

MDgarthgirl
08-30-1999, 09:57 AM
Thanks, <B>Chris Gaines</B>(&lt;--love the name, BTW). I'll try that next time. :)<P>StephanieN