PDA

View Full Version : Taking suggestions for new photo system.

PlanetGarth.com
05-06-1999, 11:36 AM
One of my next projects to to create a better system for displaying the picture gallery at PG. Right now we have hundreds of pictures on the site, with twice that amount waiting to go up. I find the current "description and link" mentality to be a little dull... and globaly overused.<P>My current thoughts are to make thumbnail pages like some of the tour galleries are now. I was going to do this, but I thought it would be neat to start letting everyone have their input in design and development of this site. Feel free to post your thoughts on this.N

honky
05-06-1999, 12:12 PM
<b>Brandon</b>,<P>What about those top photos that we picked a couple months ago? I thought you were going to do something about them. Any news about that? I'm just curious :)<P>Oh, for the photo gallery page, I think you could still list out the city names and where those pics were from; then you could make thumbnails under that link. How's that? <P>TommyN

PlanetGarth.com
05-06-1999, 04:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>What about those top photos that we picked a couple months ago? I thought you were going to do something about them. Any news about that?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, I still have those. That was for a project that I put off until the redesign was done. So expect to see that in the near future.N

Paula
05-06-1999, 04:45 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "description and link" but I would prefer anything that didn't take forever to load. Some sites have so many pictures on a page that sometimes not all of them load - it times out or something.<P>PaulaN

hugeGBnutt
05-08-1999, 09:49 AM
always ready for more Garth pics :D....ummm..i<BR>don't have any suggestions right now :( but i'll be back if i think of any.....<P>Ari&lt;---meN

PlanetGarth.com
05-11-1999, 08:05 PM
"description and link" is what is on the current Photo shoot page. Where there is a description of the picture, then a direct link to it. Thats it, no frills. You have to rely on your back button a lot.<P>The new system will be a little easier to use. More navigation.N