PDA

View Full Version : No soundtrack album

Leigh11
04-03-2000, 09:13 PM
According to the quotes from the press conference at Launch.com (under music news), there isn't going to be a soundtrack album for frequency so there won't be a single for "when you come back to me". It also made it sound a lot clearer that the reason for no albums this year is the shakeup in the label. Maybe one of you more 'literate' people could put the link in. It's a pretty good article.<BR>Thanks, <BR>Leigh N

hugeGBnutt
04-03-2000, 09:43 PM
aw, so we can only hear it on the movie, eh?, go figure, the ONE soundtrack i want to buy doesn't have one :(<P>aRiN

apple31
04-03-2000, 09:50 PM
could someone post the articule?I can never get in launch!N

hugeGBnutt
04-03-2000, 10:03 PM
here is the article.....<P><BR> <BR> <P>Garth Brooks <BR>Garth Brooks Touches 'Em All At Mets Press Conference <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>(4/3/00, 5 p.m. ET) - Country star Garth Brooks was honored at New York's Shea Stadium today (April 3) for his participation in pre-season baseball, which benefits the singer's charitable Touch 'Em All Foundation.<BR>Brooks was hailed at a press conference preceding the New York Mets home opening game versus the San Diego Padres, the two teams Brooks has played for. Mets General Manager Steve Phillips presented Brooks with a watch -- a gift for being named the Johnny Murphy rookie of the year in camp.<P>The quip of the day came after Phillips told the press Garth could play for the Mets that day if he wanted. Padres Manager Bruce Bochy then responded jokingly, "Steve said he would love to have Garth out there in left field. Well, I love Garth, and I would rather see him in the outfield for the Mets today myself.It would help us out a lot." Bochy was poking fun at Brooks's failure to get a base hit in spring training. Brooks then shared his feelings on what he got from spring training: "Well, from a physical point of view, I've got a lot of bruises and I'm just awful sore," he said. "Somebody asked me where I was sore, and it was somewhere from the ears down, I think. That stuff is always fun to do. I'm getting older. I'm 38 this year. The difference with the first spring training with the Padres, I was just trying to stay out of the way. And with the Mets, as soon as you got there, you were getting ground balls with the best of 'em. You were taking ground balls with [Mets shortstop Rey] Ordonez and [Mets second baseman Edgardo] Alfonzo, and you were hitting right behind [Mets catcher Mike] Piazza in the thing. It was a pretty humbling experience, but at the same time you learned a lot."<P><B>Brooks also used the press conference as a platform to promote the New Line Cinema movie Frequency, due in theaters on April 28. The song "When You Come Back To Me" was written by Brooks with Jenny Yates, and features backing vocals by Trisha Yearwood. The song will not be a single; it will roll over the ending credits of the film. "When they told me no soundtrack, no single, I sat there with my jaw open. I say, 'There's no way somebody would do music solely for film. They haven't done it that way in years, because everything is about commercial, and everything's about making money. These guys are interested in making a statement of class."<P>Brooks said the song is his first new music in four years and he added that it may be a while for the next album. "As far as anything else musically, I'm sure that everyone in here that has anything to do with music is aware of the Time Warner/EMI merger, so now we sit dormant," Brooks said. "So now we sit dormant to see who I'm working for, and just to see what's going to happen, and so summer and Christmas are out for us now. And we're just going to work on my music, and more importantly, work on my relationship with my wife because it needs it more than anything. So I'm just going to sit on the sidelines and watch for a while."</B><P>aRi<BR> <BR>N

splitzer
04-04-2000, 02:33 AM
That's disheartening. I was so glad to read Jason's post about how great Garth and Sandy are doing, but just today he says that? Sigh. :(<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

Pilgrim
04-04-2000, 03:07 AM
Oh well, then he should do something about it instead of travelling all over USA.<P>BrianN

honky
04-04-2000, 11:05 AM
Um..... I guess I will have to watch "Frequency" then!! It's good that my final end in April 27th :D :D :D I have one day to prepare myself for the song!!! And hopefully the movie is also worth seeing :)<P><BR>TommyN

GBsMydance
04-04-2000, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by splitzer:<BR>[B]That's disheartening. I was so glad to read Jason's post about how great Garth and Sandy are doing, but just today he says that? Sigh. :(<P>My opinion is, marriage needs to be work in progress: Most marriages are this way, they need to be worked on, in order to be kept fresh, exciting...we all tend to take each other for granted., that is what I think he means. In his mind it's worth it and he's going to give it what it takes.. I admire him for that..<P>N