PDA

View Full Version : This might be a rumor

Karen4GB
04-03-2000, 04:12 PM
i heard on the local radio station something about Garth saying he was sad over the deat of his mother and that he doesn't WANT to be happy anymore? The dj's took that to mean he is depressed and then some other dj started making announcements about "Is Garth Suicidal." You guys seem to have the info straight more often than radio so has anyone heard this or what interview it was refering to or anything? Thanks :D<P>-Karen-N

hugeGBnutt
04-03-2000, 04:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>i heard on the local radio station something about Garth saying he was sad over the deat of his mother and that he doesn't WANT to be happy anymore?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>this is true, he said it on the Queen Latifa show when she interviewed him when they were at The Oscars, i saw the interview myself :)<P>BUT the part about suicidal....<B>NO</B><P>aRiN

thedance_2000
04-03-2000, 04:38 PM
Garth did say this... but is strongly against suicide! Am I worried about him though... yeah... Because he is the kind of person who is extremley intense, and can be very hard on himself!<P>God bless Garth,<BR>KateN

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
04-03-2000, 04:39 PM
I think that the DJ was talking about some comments that Garth made last week on the Queen Latifa show.<P>If you go to the GarthTV Forum there is a thread there that details the comments that Garth made. <P>I wouldn't put any credit into what these DJ's are saying.... <P>Monica N

Karen4GB
04-03-2000, 04:47 PM
What the DJs were saying sounded beleivable the way they worded it, and it had me worried :( Thanks for clearing it up you guys :) I knew I could get answers here :)<P>-Karen-N

abernackel
04-03-2000, 04:52 PM
I heard the very same thing on the radio where I live. They even had a soundbite of Garth saying he didn't want to be happy. Then they played an interview from Kurt Cobain from '92 where he was saying he didn't want to be happy. Then they played some other interviews and comparisons where Garth has said things similar to things Kurt Cobain said. I'm not sure what to think of that? :( Maybe they just like to make a story where there is not one ;)N

hugeGBnutt
04-03-2000, 05:08 PM
<B>abernackel,</B><P>that sucks that they would do that :(, by the way, was this a country or pop station?<P>aRi<P>N

AmazedByChris
04-03-2000, 10:08 PM
Well, it sounds like he's depressed. If he's saying the same sorts of things Cobain was saying I hope somebody is listening and insists he get counselling. No loss is easy to deal with and no human is immune to grief, no matter how famous or well-loved.N

Pilgrim
04-03-2000, 10:31 PM
I think the man need to wake up!<P>He can't run around being depressed the rest of his life :)<P>BrianN

smitten
04-03-2000, 10:37 PM
I think some DJ's out to put their brains into gear, before opening their mouths!<P>Most of them just enjoy the sound of their own voices, and it doesn't mean they think about what they say. I take it with a grain of salt. <P>AnaN

GBShameless
04-04-2000, 06:21 AM
I wasn't going to respond to this post, but I will. I agree that Garth is probably depressed because of the passing of his mother, but I have lived with a person that is Maniac Depressive for the last 7 years or so and I do not see any of the signs in Garth, to the point where he is so depressed that he is suicidal. Now I am not a professional expert on depression, but I have learned alot and experienced alot to notice the signs of the disease. I could be totally wrong, because I don't see him every day and how he acts when he isn't in the public eye, but I just don't see it.<P>Sorry if this post upsets anyone, but just my opinion<P>RobinN

loreli
04-04-2000, 07:32 AM
Well I've lost someone very close to me. I think I know what Garth is saying, you can feel guilty about being happy. He's just not ready to turn the corner to the living yet, he's just getting by. <P>He will start living and being happy again, when he's ready. <P>LoriN

honky
04-04-2000, 04:20 PM
Lorli,<P>Yeah, that's it! Garth might feel guilty for being too happy :o This might be the reason why Garth does not have the same energy or the smile like he used to.<P>Well, I think TIME will tell everything.... <P><BR>TommyN

Garthmedic
04-05-2000, 09:52 AM
Brian-<P>Garth can do whatever he wants to do. Its none of your business on how he deals with pain, sorrow and lifes challenges.<P>How would you feel about some cyber-stranger telling the world that Brian needs to "get over" the loss of his mother?<P>--spud--N

Hoots
04-05-2000, 12:00 PM
This stuff about DJ's can stop anytime. The stuff about not thinking before they speak, liking the sound of their own voices, blah blah blah. Just because you may not like the content of their speech doesn't make the information incorrect.N

Pilgrim
04-06-2000, 03:19 AM
Spud!<P>You are <B>ABSOLUTELY</B> right :)<P>It was my BAD off day where everything seemed right :(<P>But I still don't like to see him act this way :o<P>I'm kinda scared of losing him :(<P>BrianN

SeaLAUNCH
04-07-2000, 10:39 AM
Just thought I'd add my 2 cents here....<P>I lost my Mom to cancer in 1994 and believe me when I tell you that after she was buried I went into a depression and even though I could function normally, I had a very deep hurt down inside. I did not want to be happy, and I wasn't for about 4 years. I know exactly what Garth is feeling. I know my other siblings don't feel the way I do over my Mom's death, but if you have a special type of bond with your mother, as I did, and as I believe Garth had, it will take him a long time to get over this. And there is nothing anyone can say or do to make him feel better. Its something time will have to heal, so we'll just have to let him be like this and keep him in our prayers. It may take a very long time but have faith, I know for one that Garth has deep faith. I do wish however that I could speak with him because I do know exactly how he feels, but I'm sure others around him empathize with him, and I know it always comforted me when I had someone like that, and I'm sure he's going to come through this ok. It will take time for him to be able to build on the positive things she taught him in becoming a man, and that is therapy in itself. But he'll come through it.<P>SeaLN

LarsDenmark
04-08-2000, 12:50 AM
I also lost my mother 43 years ago. Cancer was the cause of her death. It " only" took 6 months for her from the diagnose until she died. I can tell you all, those 6 months were the longest 6 months of my life. <BR>Today I still grieve, although I know that time will heal. Even my grieve.....<P>Give him the time HE needs. Maybe it takes another year for him to come over his grieve. Maybe he needs more time. <P>I'm sure that Garth will come over it. He'll survive. Maybe he needs our support more than ever....?<P>Lars.<BR>N

LarsDenmark
04-08-2000, 12:52 AM
I noticed a minor detail in my reply...<P>My mother passed away 3 years ago, and not 43!!<P>( I am 28 years old!)N