PDA

View Full Version : Every Now Then

thedance_2000
04-03-2000, 02:24 PM
This is a song that I've always seen in a diffirent view than most people probally do. I always got the feeling that the guy was in a way in denial. Ya know how it says just the other day, last night, tonight, just yesterday... It always to me seemed like he was suddenly trying to say, shes still on his mind quite a bit. To me it seems like he was only kidding himself by saying he was happy now and he only thought of her every now and then. When in reality this woman is on his mind all the time... and he knows he settled....<BR>Maybe that makes me weird from getting some much from simple words?! Am I the only one who feels that way about this song?<P>Let me know if I'm not to far off base, or let me know if I'm crazy to!<P>May god do his will,<BR>Kate N

Snow
04-03-2000, 02:52 PM
In this case I think he said what he mean't and mean't what he said. *lol*<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>I love my life and Id never trade<BR>Between what you and me had and the life I've made<BR>Shes here and shes real, but you were too <BR>And every once in awhile I think about you <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think many of us have experience what Garth is talking about. When someone finds their way into your heart you never completely give them up. There are people I wonder about every now and then. :) There is one whose parents live just down the road from my parents. Do I think of him when I drive down that road? Sure I do. I wouldn't trade what I have now for what might have been... but I do think... every now and then... is he ok... is he happy... You know memories creep in every now and then.<P>I think if you truely have had strong feelings for someone... even if it ends badly... over time you wonder. The heart never forgets. I don't think that is denial... but human nature. It's best to let go of the bad stuff and just think every now and then.<P>Hmmmmm... could I have said every now and then a few more times? *lmao*<P>OK... now I'm thinking again... and smiling a little smile at a memory... that is what the song is about for me.<BR>N

everynowandthen
04-03-2000, 03:17 PM
You had to know I was going to respond to this!<P>Snow, I don't think I can say it better than you did. But here's my take on it...<P>It's that person that does cross your mind, but you've moved on...to someone else.<P>I put my husband up against ANY man, and like the song says, "I'd never trade between what you and me had and the life I've made." I think it's natural to think about past loves, but there's a reason they're in the past.<P>To me, the song conveys what maybe can't be said "in person." Yes, I think of you and wonder how you are, but this is my life and I'm happy in it.<P>Snow, I think you said it better or at least more clearly!<P>Kate, by the way, welcome to PG! I like your closing line!<P>Angela<P><BR>N

thedance_2000
04-03-2000, 03:46 PM
Well thank you for your comments... I guess I was trying to get a little to much out of the song. Thats just the first thought that came in my mind all those years ago when I first heard it. I'm sure though it was never meant to be more than what it is. Its just fun to imagine it diffirent though sometimes. <P>Thank you for the comment on my closing line, and its good to know I'm welcome!<P>May god do his will,<BR>KateN

AbsoluteNJGarthNut
04-04-2000, 04:48 AM
Hi Kate!<P>Welcome to PG. It's the best site on the WEB.<P>Angela and Snow said it very well. Couldn't have said it better myself.<P>This song is my favorite Garth song because the first time I heard it it was like Garth has stepped into mylife and wrote a song about it. (As I'm sure alot of people will tell you as well)<P>I was 20 when I met the man I thought was my soulmate. He was my first true love. I have never been in love before and it was a really intense relationship. To date I have yet to have that feeling with anyone else. (I'm still looking! :) ) In the song he says:<P><B><I>I love my life and Id never trade<BR>Between what you and me had and the life I've made<BR>Shes here and shes real, but you were too <BR>And every once in awhile I think about you</B></I><P>I don't have another in my life (at the moment) but my life is much different now then it was then and I like it the way it is. I've done things and have things that I never would have had he stayed in my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything. But I still think about him ALOT! We went through so much together that he will be a part of my heart forever! I don't dwell on it but there are many times when I'm by myself and he drifts into my thoughts. <P>So that's my take on it. It's not different than Snow or Angela's but wanted to comment all the same.<P>The wonderful thing about music is that different people can interprit it in their own way. There is no right way or wrong way to look at a song or it's meaning to you. Everyone has different life experiences to relate music to.<P>Again Welcome to PG!<P>A Garth Fan ALWAYS!<BR>KarinN

jenn_7
04-04-2000, 09:54 AM
I was drawn to your post because I have been listening to this song alot lately-just makes me smile to think of all the people who have touched my life in one way or another. I especially like the part about the song on the radio-that happens to me alot. Guess I've tied alot of memories to songs and I thank Garth for bringing all those memories back with his music! jenn_7N

smitten
04-05-2000, 02:06 AM
Sorry to be a bit vague, but I have not heard this on any album. How was it released? I have all his albums, but they are Australian releaases, and it's not on any of them.<P>Thanks Ana :)N

minnesotagbfan
04-05-2000, 02:13 AM
when i got into garth back in 1994 the second cd i got was the chase and i have to say that that song is my favorite off of that cdN

loreli
04-05-2000, 05:58 AM
Ana,<P>You got ripped. :) "Every Now and Then" is a great song. :)<P>As MinnGbfan said it's from The Chase. Its in the box set too. :)<P>Doesn't everyone think of their first love every now and then? Ah, it's so sweet. :)<P>LoriN

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
04-05-2000, 10:20 AM
I love this song too, and it does kinda take you back to that "special love". <P>When I first heard this song, I played it over and over and over. Like Karin said, I felt like Garth was speaking directly from my heart. It just blew me away that all the words in this song could strike so closely to how I felt and what I go through sometimes when I do think about that "other love". <P>Thanks for the topic! <P>And Welcome to Planet Garth! :) <P>MonicaN