PDA

View Full Version : Videos ... Yes or no?

thedance_2000
04-03-2000, 02:48 PM
Recently it was asked what videos you would like to see Garth do. I would have to say Cowboy Bill or Lonesome Dove would have been awesome... have always thought Garth would make a cool Texas Ranger(even the ones that play in arlington, wishful thinking)! In all seriousness I always thought Face to Face or The Night Will Only Know could really be played with... could make very dark videos. As far as a fun video, FILP always did deserve one! The emotionalEvery Now and Then or Learning to live again would have been the best...<P>HERES MY POINT...<P>I don't want to start WWW 3, but I've always had a small problem with Garth opinion of videos. I am a dreamer, and I do believe in the power of imagination. However, I think videos have become a must in the music world! Also, they allow you to see the artists, for those who don't get to go to their concerts. In Garths case, I think more videos would be a smart move... Part of his affliction lately to staying in the music bussiness is, touring takes away to much time from his family. WEll if he did more videos, maybe the people wouldn't be so despreate to see him out on the road. They take up alot less time, and are one of the best forms of promotion(2nd next to radio if you ask me!). Not everyone can make it to concerts, but the majoity of the US has cable! Garth is a creative person, I have a feeling he could find a way to put a creaive spin on most every single he puts out! I think its very possible Garth would have had beeter success with some of his singles if he did release a video to it. I know he feels strongly, but I personally think its been an opinion thats hurt him in the run of things. Don't get me wrong, I love Garth as much as anyone... this has always got to me though! I can still imagine my own story even with the videos out, and in my opinion it helps widen your view point. <P>Whats is your opinion on this?<P>Love to all,<BR>KateN

Snow
04-03-2000, 02:56 PM
I understand Garth's point that he wants people to use their own imaginations and not have it changed by someone's vision of what it should be in a video.... BUT...<P>I agree with you... I would like more videos. I too would still be able to use my imagination and use my own interpretation of the song's meaning even if he did do the video. I love Garth's videos... and yes Lonesome Dove would make a great one.N

hugeGBnutt
04-03-2000, 03:01 PM
ummm, interesting question....a vdieo for "Shameless", & "The Old Stuff" would have been very cool! :D.....i agree, i'd love to see more videos from Garth, BUT not the stupid pointless ones most artists make, but with Garth imagination he could come up with awesome ones, i agree that videos are important in todays music but that just shows how cool Garth is he don't have to sell his music w/his looks(although it doesn't hurt)....i also think a "dark" video would be cool and i agree with "Face To Face", i know there are others that would make good videos but i cann't think of any right now.<P>aRiN

enutts4gb
04-03-2000, 03:09 PM
I don't think we have crossed paths yet so before I respond...<P> :D <B>Welcome to PG, Kate!</B> :D<P>I agree with you too. Garth should do much more videos. :) I understand that it can rob the listeners' imagination but, as you stated, videos are very important in the music business. :) <P>But in my case, I don't get CMT or TNN so I still won't see much more of him if he made more videos. :(<P>Erin :)N

thedance_2000
04-03-2000, 04:48 PM
thank you for the comments.... good to know I'm not alone!<P>May god do his will,<BR>KateN

Pilgrim
04-03-2000, 10:49 PM
Yes, more videos, and NO more concert videos :)<P>BrianN