PDA

View Full Version : Press conference, bad bad news:-(

Garth2Gaines
04-03-2000, 12:12 PM
Well, good news first, Garth is singing lead vocals on the song "when you come back to me" for the movie FREQUENCE, and the movie will be out April 28, and the song playes at the end with the credits, he co-wrote it with Jenny Yates :)<P>The bad :( bad :( news, Garth said that there will be NO new album from him in 2000 :( :( And that the "the Lamb" project is on hold while the writer has some personal problems to work out, first :(<P>I got this from the ALLStar News, part of CDNow I think...I still don't know how to do a link, but it is the top story in their news section :(<P>dwayneN

apple31
04-03-2000, 12:33 PM
I am not surprised about no new cd he doesnt care for management of capital.Also country radio is pissed because of Chris Gaines.N

Snow
04-03-2000, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the article... it was interesting. :) Here's the link<BR> <A HREF="http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=134481973/pagename=/RP/ALLSTAR/article.html/fid=196621" TARGET=_blank>http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=134481973/pagename=/RP/ALLSTAR/article.html/fid=196621</A> <P>Hope that works.<P>I'm going to look at it in a positive light. He said there would be no new album from him in 2000.... not that there wouldn't be one ever. I think this is a sign that the idea of a retirement is fading from his mind.<P>The movie Frequency sounds really interesting! :) The other other idea of a duet with George Michaels is really bizarre... should be wild. The thing about the Lamb being delayed because the writer is going through a horrific personal experience is mysterious... wonder what is up?<P>N

Garth2Gaines
04-03-2000, 12:48 PM
Your welcome :)<P>He also didn't say anything about the soundtrack for the film, I would/hope/wound think it would be on it. If so, it should be out around April 25, or even the 18th, that would be my guess, but I don't know...<P>dwayneN

hugeGBnutt
04-03-2000, 01:07 PM
This news really SUCKS :(, and i think Garth is really <B>HURTING</B> his career by not paying attention to it, cause people are fickle and will soon start to lose interest in him, oh well if he does not care why should I?....i just think Garth and "his people" should not say anything until they actul know what is going to happen :o :(, i mean one of Garth's "people"(Pat Quigley?) said he was going to have an album out in November just last month, what is that?...from now on i am not going to get my hopes up for things until THEY ACTUALLY HAPPEN, so i'm guyessing no "big party" either, not that thats a big surprise...o well....maybe he'll actually get around to releasing an ablum beofre he dies(hopefully anyway).....<P>aRiN

splitzer
04-03-2000, 01:15 PM
Well, aRi, I guess you're one of those fickle people you were talking about. I, however, am not. I'm a Cubs fan, for pete's sake! I've lived my whole life waiting for something great and never losing hope, seeing the good and not the bad, and cheering my head off! I wish there were going to be a new album soon, but Garth knows what's best. We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, so we have to trust Garth. Hasn't he proven to us in the past that he cares about his fans? I believe he does, so I will wait. And cheer my head off! :)<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

carkea22
04-03-2000, 01:22 PM
well the fact that he is not releasing an album this year comes at no surprise. I never even expected him to. Just because he takes a year off does not mean he will lose fans. Remember a few years back when he took 2 1/2 years off. Yea, I thought I would forget about him but when he started touring again I saw him 7 times around the country. There are alot of artists that do not constantly have albums coming out. I don't underdstand why he gets a bad rap for having a little down time or taking time to explore other avenues. Do I think he should retire? Heck no. Musicians don't retire, they sing until they die. Even if it once a year. So I do think that if he "retires" that it is a little silly. Athletes retire. Oh well, that was not such bad news...<BR>CarrieN

hugeGBnutt
04-03-2000, 01:36 PM
<B>splitzer,</B><P>ohh, thanks for putting me in my place ::sarcasm::, my God, some people, i didn't even say anything bad(uless you count being a little dissapointed "bad"), i guess some people will jump all over you for nothing....<P>aRi<BR>N

Snow
04-03-2000, 01:42 PM
I don't think he's hurt his career at all. He had several albums out last year... and got flak for putting out too much. You can't please everyone... so guess he'll do what he thinks best. We all know Garth won't put anything that isn't it's best or isn't going to get the label support that it needs.<P>There'll probably be a video to go along with the song for Frequency and there'll be benefit concerts and the like... he'll stay in the spotlight... just not as intense as the last several years... but he still gets more press than most other stars... so what's the big deal?<P>Look at it this way... since the BIG final project is pushed back or gone altogether... this is GOOD news. I think things will get back to normal. The band is on hiatus until November anyway.N

Alawishes
04-03-2000, 01:45 PM
I think the album is not coming out because of the record label merger not because Garth didn't want to put an album out and really Garth never said out of his own mouth that an album was coming this year he just a big project and really this looks really good. Maybe he is not thinking of retirement. I am sure Garth will put one last album out if he has plans on retiring still, he just either is not ready, too busy, or maybe is thinking now finally on his retirement decision. Really I am glad he will not be working on album, he has chris gaines stuff to work on still, if he keeps himself very busy he will want to retire because he will not be around his family, he ahs already done baseball, promotion for 2 albums, now he can finally think if he really wants to retire or not because now I think the R stuff came because of his Mother's passing not because he wants to be home more. I am sure he will do a country album sooner or later, he is not putting one out just because he wants to dissapoint fans I am sure he has his reason and I bet it has something to do with his record label merger too. Oh well it does sound a little like he is thinking of not retiring I guess we have to see. N

BlueRose
04-03-2000, 02:07 PM
I gotta agree with Alawishes. In FL Garth was asked when the new country album would be released and he said, "with the merger of the 2 labels, it depends on what @#$hole is at the wheel".(his exact words) So, we just don't know what might happen down the road.<P>We know he'll keep busy with everything he's got on his plate but I'd rather he take it slow also if it means it will help him to decide not to retire. Let's just wait and see!<P>Cheryl<BR>N

BlueRose
04-03-2000, 02:09 PM
Sorry I meant to type "3" instead of "3". :(<P>Cheryl<BR>N

BlueRose
04-03-2000, 02:09 PM
Sorry I meant to type "3" instead of "2". :(<P>Cheryl<BR>N

gbfan7
04-03-2000, 03:08 PM
Isn't Garth the writer of "The Lamb"? I thought he is the write & is producing it with Kenny (Babyface) Edmonds and Tracy Edmonds. Anyone know for sure?N

Snow
04-03-2000, 03:51 PM
As far as I know Babyface came up with the idea... then talked Garth into doing the music and character. Garth turned him down but Babyface finally convinced him.<P>Even if the concept was created by Babyface and Garth... they are not writers. They would have hired a professional screen writer to write the screenplay for the movie. That is who I'm assuming Garth is referring to as having horrific personal problems.N

hugeGBnutt
04-03-2000, 03:54 PM
i heard that Garth had the idea the character AND movie back in 1196....Garth even talked about it in a press conference b4 he started his 96' World Tour<P>aRiN

hugeGBnutt
04-03-2000, 03:56 PM
lol.....<B>1996</B> not 1196 :o<P>aRiN

Hawk7lte
04-03-2000, 04:30 PM
I remember reading in several places that the story is basically Garth's idea. It seems as though he basically wrote the story. A screenwriter was writing the screenscript - what is his name? (which is a very different type of writing - though something Garth talked about being interested in learning at one time)<BR>Babyface and the movie company liked the idea of a movie and the character (Chris Gaines)"producing music" ahead of the movie to help audience's identify with the character.<P>Now; who is going through a horrific time and what constitutes a "horrific" time? From the sounds of it; statements seem to suggest that there aren't any happy campers in the campfield at this point. Geeze what needs to be done to make some factual statements, decisions, and get on with the show....one way or another.<P>I mean really; TOUGHEN UP NOW....TIGHTEN UP and GET A MOVE ON IT...ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.....INERTIA CREATES INERTIA..<P>(now whispering - oops, musta got mah dander up)<P>Hawk <P>N

LittleRhody
04-03-2000, 05:25 PM
<BR>I get the impression that Garth wants to cool his jets for awhile. This might be good for him both personally and professionally. However, knowing Garth, the man always has something up his sleeve that he's working on.<BR>He is probably waiting for the dust to settle after the merger.(by the way, who is Capitol merging with?) Garth has never been big on record company politcs and for him to put out a new album now might not be a good idea. It would be a good idea for him to hold up on a new album and use it as leverage if he doesn't like what is taking place after the merger is complete. <P>This is just my two cents<P>Diana<P>By the way, it's good to see that Trisha did the background vocals on the new song for the movie Frequency. Maybe their friendship is not as strained as we thought.N

Pilgrim
04-03-2000, 09:26 PM
I'm with Ari here.<P>There have been said way too many things now and something diferent has been done.<P>I think BOTH Garth and the people at Capitol need help!<P>I can't blame the media if they trash him now. he should know it will come sooner or later.<P>BrianN

splitzer
04-04-2000, 12:58 AM
<B>aRi</B><P>I honestly meant no offense, and I apologize for the way my post sounded. I reread it and realized why you felt attacked. It wasn't intended that way.<P>I just feel like people need to stop thinking they know what should be done, when none of us really know what's going on.<P>Again, I am very sorry, aRi.<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

SweetGBFan
04-04-2000, 01:20 AM
No new album stinks, but we get a new song at least. Does anyone know if this song is being released as a single and if it will go to country radio?N

AbsoluteNJGarthNut
04-04-2000, 04:57 AM
Hi Gang,<P>SweetGBFan..<P>To answer your question. I heard on my local country station (Y107.1 New country) that the song will not be released as a single.<P>Y107 is usually pretty accruate with their reportings and they were talking about the press conference yesterday when they mentioned it. So in all likelyhood, it will not be released. :( <P>KarinN

loreli
04-04-2000, 07:26 AM
Garth wasn't actually quoted very much in that article. I would like to see a transcript from that press conference. I'm not sure I believe everything the article said. There sure has been alot of conflicting information.<P>LoriN

MelMalovesGB4eva
04-04-2000, 09:03 AM
Look on the bright side. The year is flying by. Only nine months left. :)N

Alawishes
04-04-2000, 11:14 AM
The writers of the movie consist of Garth, Lisa Sanderson, Baby face, and his wife I think her name is Tracy. For the script to be worked on I would think the movie would have done been written so I think the person who is having horrific problems if Jeb Stuart, the script writer. The script was sent to garth so maybe something needed changing but now the guy has problems and has to be on hold for a while.N

Pilgrim
04-04-2000, 11:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MelMalovesGB4eva:<BR><B>Look on the bright side. The year is flying by. Only nine months left. :)</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*ROFLOL*<P>Yeah I guess we can use that info to something :D :D :D<P>BrianN

TheChange
04-04-2000, 06:19 PM
Here's an article on the same topic found at sonicnet.com. <A HREF="http://www.sonicnet.com/news/story.jhtml?genreNameForDisplay=Country&genreDirectoryName=country&id=820521" TARGET=_blank>http://www.sonicnet.com/news/story.jhtml?genreNameForDisplay=Country&genreDirectoryName=country&id=820521</A> <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>NEW YORK Country superstar Garth Brooks citing industry instability caused by label mergers, including that of his own, Capitol Nashville said that his music career is on hold.<P><BR>The singer, who has strongly hinted several times that he may announce his retirement later this year, added, "It's a good time to work on my relationship with my wife."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>In my book, 'on hold' is much better than 'Ret.......' <P>Peace,<BR>Vida :)N

normdo
04-09-2000, 03:29 PM
I know the "horrific" experience you all are talking about. When I talked to Garth at his gate on Saturday I asked about the movie. He said the script is on hold because of personal problems the writer is having. Garth says the writers wife was a triathlete and now she is having all kinds of problems, they even had to amputate her legs! He said she is dying and nobody understands why. Its kind of weird someone in that good a shape would all of the sudden have all kinds of medical problems, but that's what he told me. Everyone reading this please keep this low, as I'm sure this is not something to talk openly about to anyone. I just thought the fans should know a little info. about why the movie is on hold.<BR>BrianN

honky
04-09-2000, 04:52 PM
Brian,<P>Oh ok.... now I understand why the movie is on hold now :)<P>But no matter what, the movie is a MUST-GO thing.<P><BR>TommyN

Pilgrim
04-10-2000, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the info Brian :)<P>Just in recent years alot of runners in Sweden has passed away because of some infection noone really know what is :(<P>Maybe it could be the same thing? :o<P>Whatever the reason, it is sad :(<P>BrianN