PDA

View Full Version : My first GARTHmoment

marla with a b
03-20-2000, 04:10 PM
HI! This is my first post on pg forums so I thought that I should start by explaining my name and giving you my first GARTHmoment since they happened at the same time!!!

My friend, Kathy and I went down to PSL for Spring Training to watch the Mets :) (Right, we're from Atlanta!!)

We arrived at the park in time to watch Garth walk into the clubhouse the first day we were there....I just stood there and stared -- never picked up my camera - that should have been a sign of things to come!!

We did all the "fan" stuff by walking around the fields watching Garth throw, hit and catch.....but he finally headed to the field where he was to sign!!!

I had thought that I was totally "cool" because my girlfriend went first...I didn't feel nervous...we had both brought our M&M shirts from the Tampa show for Garth to sign -- for those who didn't go - we all dressed in M&M t-shirts as "GARTH M&M's"....He said HI to me and put the shirt on my back ready to sign --- he then asked my name -- I've had that name for a loooooong time -- I told him it was Marla.....he responded "With a 'D'?" My answer was "No, with a 'B'!" HUH!!! At the same time, we both realized I was an IDIOT!!! He patted me on the shoulder and said "Never mind, it's an 'M', I got it"....What a moment!!

The upside was that Mr Brooks never forgot my name the whole four days we were there!! So I guess it was ok that I made a total fool of myself!! Everytime we were lucky enough to see him, he knew that my name was Marla -- what a warm feeling that gives you!

We were lucky enough to head back down for two of the pre-season games and to watch Garth play baseball! Believe it or not, even after two weeks he still remembered that I was "Marla with a B" -- He even remembered some other things that we had talked about!

I can't tell you how exciting it is when you realize that the person that you have put on a pedastal for all these years LIVES up to the expectations!! The man is just wonderful and I can only hope that all garthnutts get to have their own personal experiences! Just keep believing - I never thought mine would happen either!

proud to be --

marla with a b :)

marla with a b
03-20-2000, 04:34 PM
pretty bad.....i forgot something already!!! At our first GARTHmeeting, Kathy and I were just ending our chat with Garth --- and I told him that we "got it" --- Kathy said "I get it too" -- He said "Cool!" Then he looked at us and said "Can I get it too?" --- We just kinda looked at him and said "CHRIS" --- He laughed out loud!! I think he "got it" first :)

Paula
03-20-2000, 04:53 PM
marla with a b,

Thanks for sharing your moment...so are you officially changing your name?

Paula

MissScarlett
03-20-2000, 05:02 PM
LOL That was a very entertaining read! :) :) Thanks for sharing!

Margaret

Garth_FANtasizer
03-21-2000, 02:27 AM
Thank you for sharing that with us, Marla (with a B) LOL!

He's too cute!

~Ann~

Teach
03-21-2000, 05:02 AM
A great story!!!!!! Thanks for sharing with us all. :)

honky
03-21-2000, 07:49 AM
Thanks for sharing :)

WELCOME TO PG

Tommy

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
03-21-2000, 03:45 PM
WELCOME TO PLANET GARTH!!

Hi marla with a b!

Thanks for sharing your first GarthMoment with all of us! I had the pleasure of meeting you that very first weekend that you were there and was even happier to be a roomie of yours on our last Garth Adventure!

Looking forward to our next trip...whenever that may be!

Keep posting!!

Monica :)

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
02-09-2004, 06:34 AM
Oh, man, it was already after 2:00 in the morning, I was ready to 'call it quits' and get some sleep when I saw THIS thread and just HAD to take the time to read it first! :)

Marla ~ you are SO funny, and I just love you, girl!!! Your story may be short, but it is definitely sweet! I love that I can see your face and can just picture you doing and saying everything you describe! Your description of the whole 'Marla with a b' thing is even better here than when you told it to me back when we first met! Knowing you, this one was fun to read, thanks!

DeeDee :)

Rooster
02-09-2004, 10:04 AM
Funny... funny... funny! Thanks DeeDee for bringing these fun Garth Moments to the top. :)

Krystal