PDA

View Full Version : Personalized GB Plate...

wmcinnis
04-02-2000, 04:51 AM
Okay PGer's, I need a little bit of help here.<BR>I got a fairly new car about 6 mths. ago but my plates are pretty rusty and old, so my husband said he'd like to get me new plates because they don't look very nice on a new car. Anyway, he asked me what I'd like to put on personalized plates and mentioned Garth(which shocked me).<BR>Anyway this is where I need your help :)<BR>Can you think of something to put on my plates that is Garth related? It can only be seven characters long okay. My husband thought of GARTHS 1 and I thought of GBis4ME.<BR>Have any ideas????????? :)<BR>-Susan-<BR>Do any of you have personalized plates?N

Krash
04-02-2000, 05:28 AM
It is so funny you bring this up. Just last week I got the forms to put personalized plates on my car. I'm putting Garth plates on too! :) Here are my 3 choices I'm putting down for my plates:<BR>GARTHFAN<BR>GB FAN<BR>7GARTH7<P>I can't wait to get my Garth plates. I think it will be VERY COOL!!!! ;)<P>-KathyN

Pilgrim
04-02-2000, 07:43 AM
How does it work over there?? :o :o<P>Any specific numbers or so??<P>What about <P>GB 99 MIL ???<P>Brian :oN

GBShameless
04-02-2000, 09:20 AM
I just picked up forms last Tuesday to do the same thing, I can have up to six characters, I was thinking GARTH7. :)<P>RobinN

honky
04-02-2000, 10:39 AM
Um... Susan, way to go girl!! I hope I could see your car on the street here in Canada!! :o<P><BR>Here is my suggestion: GARTH B. :o Simple!!<P><BR>TommyN

wmcinnis
04-02-2000, 02:52 PM
Kathy,<BR>Those are some great choices :) Is it pretty expensive to do where you live? Here it's about 100 bucks or so.<BR> <BR>Pilgrim,<BR>What do I do when he reaches 100 mill? :D<BR>You can use any letter or number :)<P>Tommy,<BR>That is simple but I like it, thanks for your input :)<P>Robin, that's a good one too :)<P>I was pretty surprised that my husband would suggest this because he drives my car alot on the weekends and didn't think he'd want something with Garth on it :o Maybe he's also a bigger fan than I thought :D<BR>-Susan-<BR>N

jdgbtweety
04-02-2000, 04:35 PM
Susan,<BR>wow personalized plates with Garth as a subject! too cool. I had my plates personalized but I didnt do anything "Garthy" <BR>I have seen a few though. I was surprised that people would acutally do that. I think that it is cool. <BR>I do suggest though that you try the internet. Your state should have a DMV website that will allow you to find out if what you want has already been taken. that way you can fill out the form with what you want without having to wate to see if you got it. you might also be able to reserve what you want so that noone will take it from you. <BR>As to what you could use, if his name will not work then how about a song title? Or something like that?<BR>Best of luck and let us know what you got.<BR>JenniferN

honky
04-02-2000, 05:41 PM
Jennifer,<P>WOW! You have seen a few with Garth related plates? VERY COOL!! :D<P>TommyN

GRTH FAN
04-02-2000, 06:24 PM
Susan, I can only have 4 letters on my plates where I'm from and I have GRTH on my 74 Mercury Couger! It's been one of our best cars and still running great and There Aint Nothing Wrong With The Radio!!!!<BR>Donna (Shameless to show my LOVE) :)N

~CanGarth#1Fan~
04-02-2000, 06:34 PM
How about<BR>4Garth or 4grth or 4GB7<BR>gin :)N

Pilgrim
04-02-2000, 11:35 PM
Susan :)<P>You are from Ontario, so you woul be a bit creative and say...<P><B>GB99WG</B> :o :o*LOL* That is Garth's 99 millions in sale, and Wayne Gretzky's old # :D That is IF you or your hub is a Gretzky fan ;) ;)<P>What about...<P><B>CRZY4GB</B> borrowed from a PG username :o<P>BrianN

MelMalovesGB4eva
04-03-2000, 08:45 AM
Those are all very cool ideas. :)<P>I wish I could get something "garthy" on my plate but it is to expensive.<BR>I would love to have a blue Chevy 3500 pick-up with "garthy" plates. :) N

Garthoholic7
04-04-2000, 06:54 PM
I have Garth plates and I love em!! Mine say "GARTH 7". Everyone tells me I must be obsessed. I have so much Garth stuff - CDs, books, videos, clothes, pins, hats, a full size store display, lots of great pics (thanks to my good friend PJ), screen saver, Garth on my desktop, and lots of other stuff. I even have 4 Garth clocks on one wall - and I didn't buy them so I could know what time it was! So AM I obsessed??? Weeeellllllll Maybe just a little!<BR>KarenN

wmcinnis
04-05-2000, 05:29 PM
Lots of great ideas here, thanks but I'm still undecided :)<P>GRTH FAN, what a coincedence, I have a Mercury too, a mystique. My brother had a Cougar, they're great cars :)<P>Brian, The number 99 doesn't exist in this house :D Very Very funny :)<P>Garthoholic 7, I don't think you're obsessed, you just know a good thing when you see it :)<BR>Where did you get all those Garth clocks?<BR>-Susan-<P>N

Garthoholic7
04-05-2000, 06:04 PM
Susan<BR> I got all my Garth clocks from ebay - I am a frequent visitor of that site. I think I only paid about ten bucks for each one. Always looking for Garth stuff that I don't have. However, some people selling stuff on there ask astronomical prices for things. I won't pay those crazy prices - I don't think Garth would approve! :)<BR>KarenN

azyankee
04-05-2000, 08:24 PM
I'm surprised Amy hasn't posted to this topic yet! She has GARTH77 on her van here in AZ.<P>And it's only about $24/yr!!<P>Up to 6 letters, but sometimes they'll let you slide a "7th" one in there!<P>I've got a handicapped plate on my van, but I can personalize that as well. I was thinking of "MYGB" or "GB77" OR "7GB7" <P>(Plates with a wheelchair symbol count the wheelchair as two letters and a space... WC_9NNZ is my current plate...maybe I should just request 7NNZ?) :D<P>Y@nkee<BR>N

AZamy77
04-05-2000, 10:16 PM
Hey ya "Darn" Yankee!! SURPRISE!! :D<P>Susan, :D yes....I confess....after working with the Da Man for 6 whole weeks last year, I was overcome with this same urge to make my van's plates "Garthy" when they came due for renewal. So, Yankee's correct! I love my van a whole lot better now!! LOL Gotta love it! I'm a bona fide GB nut if you ever met one!! Get one Susan. I feel like a movie star with my GB plate!! LOL<P>Gonna get you Yank!!!!!!! Hehe!! :)<BR>N

AZamy77
04-05-2000, 10:25 PM
I also saw a guy who came out to meet Garth last year at ST who had it like I wanted, to the point.....GARTH :) He had his picture taken and put in the local country music station's newspaper! I guess that is what inspired me!<BR>They allow 7 tho and that is what I used! <P> :) :) :) :) :) :) :) N

Pilgrim
04-06-2000, 02:54 AM
Hey Susan :)<P>I have another idea for your plate :) :)<P>What about<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR><B>PILGRIM</B><BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>Brian ;)N

IN2GARTH
04-06-2000, 06:18 AM
Just wanted to give you a few ideas about your personalized "GARTH" plate. I have a GARTH plate myself. IT reads IN2GARTH. Here are a few ideas that you might like.<BR>N2 GARTH<BR>I4GARTH<BR>#1GBFAN<BR>GB4EVER<BR>GBRULES<BR>GBFEVER<BR>SEVENS<BR>I ran out of ideas, but these might help you to decide.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wmcinnis:<BR><B>Okay PGer's, I need a little bit of help here.<BR>I got a fairly new car about 6 mths. ago but my plates are pretty rusty and old, so my husband said he'd like to get me new plates because they don't look very nice on a new car. Anyway, he asked me what I'd like to put on personalized plates and mentioned Garth(which shocked me).<BR>Anyway this is where I need your help :)<BR>Can you think of something to put on my plates that is Garth related? It can only be seven characters long okay. My husband thought of GARTHS 1 and I thought of GBis4ME.<BR>Have any ideas????????? :)<BR>-Susan-<BR>Do any of you have personalized plates?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>N

LVGB4EVER
04-06-2000, 06:26 AM
Around here where I am from..Ottawa,Ontario..You have to really think cause if it is already used you can't have the same as someone else :( so If Garth was taken I would have to think of something else and if the next was taken I would have to think again..so I would go in with a list of them before I even tryed the first time..It does get frustrating :)<P>Take Care<BR>Sue ;)N

honky
04-06-2000, 09:24 AM
WOW! we have 2 newbies in this topic!!<P>Welcome to PG :) <P><BR>Karen,<P>WOW! YOu have 4 GB clocks? What do they look like?<P><BR>TommyN

Garthmedic
03-28-2002, 02:56 AM
Lookie what I found!!! I was just thinking about this and did a search.

Does any of our new members have a Garth-related license plate?

--spud--:)

Chief
03-28-2002, 03:16 AM
you... gold digger. :p *LOL*

*BTW, Is this page having a width that is more than it can content????*

Kel.

ADcrzy4GB
03-28-2002, 08:41 PM
Ive had my personalized GB plates for about 6 months now. We only get 6 letters here in Missouri and you have to have 6 different choices, and then they pick the one that isn't already chosen. My choices were:
1.)SHMLES (Shamless)
2.)1GBFAN
3.)GB4EVR
4.)7GARTH7
5.)ILUVGB
6.)SEVENS (also b/c its my lucky #)

I ended up getting my #5 choice "ILUVGB" and I absolutly love it. Everybody that knows me is always like "what does GB stand for, GreenBay, Great Britian, Green Bugers, Garlic Bread but just asa joke because they all really know that it is for the only GB that I love and that is GARTH of course. I just think that its funny:D

-AMANDA BROOKE-