PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Garth!!!!

jpierce
01-09-2000, 08:11 AM
I remember meeting Garth like it was just yesterday.It was a hot July night in 1991 at the fair in Fargo,N.D. My friend & I waited in line for 3 hours to get as close to the stage as possible. Trisha Yearwood was Garth's opening act. She was good, but everyone was waiting for Garth!He performed an awesome concert to thousnads of people. He was just releasing"The River" CD & sang afew songs from that. He sang for 1 1/2 hours. What a show!!! He can back for 3 encores!!!!<BR><BR>Then I was invited onto his tour bus.I was a member of his fan club, before it was dis-band ( 2 months after meeting Garth). What a thrill to sit & talk to Garth. He is & always will be a very caring & considerate person. He offered me a can of pop, which I forgot to take when I left. We talked for 40 minutes & luckily I had my camera, so I was snapping pictures left & right. But Garth didn't mind, he even posed with me in afew. I had Garth sign every piece of paper I could find, a poster from the fair, my membership card,etc. I've seen Garth SEVEN times in concert & every performance is better then his last.I'll always cherish the time I spent talking with Garth. He is truly "The Entertainer of the Decade".<BR><BR>Love & God Bless,JulieN

JulieLvsGB
01-09-2000, 09:00 AM
From one Julie to another:<P>Just wanted to say Thanks for sharing your moment with us and <P> :) Welcome to Planet Garth! :)<P>Have fun posting! :D<P>JulieN

Pilgrim
01-09-2000, 09:01 PM
AWESOME!! :D :D<P>Thanks for sharing :)<P>BrianN

cowgirl14
01-11-2000, 01:07 PM
lucky u I wish i could do that :) N

azyankee
01-23-2000, 09:59 AM
It's nice to hear from someone who was part of the fan club before it disbanded! :) I always thought it a bit odd that Garth is the only country singer who doesn't have a fan club. But when you stop and think of how many fans would belong now, it's mind-boggling! We have over 2,000 registered here at PG!!!<P>Thanks for stopping in and sharing your 'Garth-Moment' with us, Julie! We love hearing the stories!!!<P>Y@nkee<BR>N