PDA

View Full Version : The Magic of Christmas taping LIVE

sleanna
11-30-1999, 10:46 AM
This is my first post so here goes: The taping of the Magic of Christmas was held in the Rainbow Room live in New York on 11-23. It was black-tie and invitation only. I won 2 invitations through a radio station I listen to. Needless to say is was incredible. It was supposed to last 2 hours and we were there over 5. I really hate to do this but I have to leave for home (I am at work) so I will not be able to finish all the details tonight but I promise first thing in the morning I will finish. Let me know how much detail you want to read. Needless to say it could be long because Trisha Yearwood was there also were Natalie Cole and Tony Bennett!! And Garth was just unbelievable!! What a perfect gentelemen!!! See you in the morning. N

Ladyg
11-30-1999, 11:14 AM
We want EVERYTHING in detail...how he looked, what he wore, who he looked at, what he said and to whom. If he talked to you and other fans, what he said, how he looked when he said it.....lol. Like I said EVERYTHING.....you can never have enough details.<P>Glad you got to go. I can imagine it was a fantastic night....5 hours!!!!!! Lucky, lucky you and everyone else who was there!!!<BR>Please come back soon and tell us everything you can remember about it.<P>LuvYa!<BR>DebbieN

honky
11-30-1999, 01:23 PM
WOW! 5 NIGHT!! :D<P>SIGH :( I live in west coast Canada! I guess the place where I live is totally opposite to NY :(<P>But hey, be back and tell us more!!<P>CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW'S SPECAIL :D<P>TommyN

Crackers
11-30-1999, 01:57 PM
It would be impossible to give us TOO many details. We want to know EVERYTHING!!!N

majmom
11-30-1999, 03:41 PM
Hi sleanna, welcome to PG. If you read some of the other "moments", you'll see we try not to leave one single detail out! I know those of us who haven't met him YET get to live vicariously through those who have - and you could give us no greater gift than EVERY SINGLE MINUTE DETAIL!!!!!!! It takes a lot of time to complete a post like this, but you'll be givIng us a great gift and a lot of joy. I'm looking forward to tomorrow!!!<P>KerryN

AZamy77
11-30-1999, 03:49 PM
sleanna! :) Welcome to Planet Garth and congratulations on winning the tickets! Lucky, lucky! I can't wait to see the show tomorrow night! And you're right, he IS a perfect gentleman! Come back soon! :)<P>Peace, Love, and God Bless.<BR>Amy ;-)N

CaptMorgan
11-30-1999, 04:38 PM
sleanna:<P>I saw your post in Welcome to PG forum, and I rushed over here to read your story. Wow - 5 hours long! Oh you lucky, lucky person. You sure had your share of Garth angels sitting on your shoulder, didn't you?<P>Please tell the whole story. Don't leave anything out. I've never had the privledge of a Garth moment, so I live for reading about others'! lol No detail is too minor when it comes to Garth so come on, and tell absolutely everything. Don't worry if it runs long - you'll have lots and lots of PGers reading.<P>Catch y'all around the next bend... N

azyankee
11-30-1999, 08:10 PM
<B>I agree with everybody!</B><P>The longer and more detailed you make it, the better we enjoy it! Call it a form of <I>'voyeurism'</I> if ya want to, we don't care! (There's a word for ya Tommy!)<P>Besides, I'm the moderator in charge of this particular forum and I'll guarantee you that I will not edit your post for being too long! :)<P>So give us all your memories...<I><B>"Please?!?!?!"</B></I><P>Okay, I'll get you started....<P><I>'Dear Diary...I mean, PGers...'</I> ;)<P>~Yankee<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR> :) "It's one heart holding on, one lettin' go.." :)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>N

Hawk7lte
12-01-1999, 04:16 AM
Welcome Sleanna.<P>Lucky person, sounds like a fun time. <P>Look forward to hearing about it. <P><BR>HawkN

BigGfan4life
12-01-1999, 10:22 AM
Welcome to PG, you lucky girl! ;) I can't wait to hear your story!N

Crackers
12-01-1999, 05:37 PM
Sleanna.....<P>Just checking to see if you had posted your story.....can't wait. I just finished watching the special....loved it!! I have a question - at the very beginning before he started talking (I think) he said something like "you guys stop it" or "you guys quit it" or something like that. Who was he talking to, and what were they doing?<P>We're all waiting, so don't forget us!N