PDA

View Full Version : New York is the city of Angels.......

phillygirl4garth
09-29-1999, 12:39 PM
Garth Angels of course!!<P><B>WARNING!! VERY LOOOONG POST!</B><P>First, I have to say thanks for all the prayers and well wishes from Pgers. They helped a lot.<P>Well, let me start Monday night. The Jay Leno show was awesome. I knew that I needed to get to bed but I was sooo Garth excited I had to stay up and watch. So finally I got to bed at about 12:45 only to get up a little after 2 Am. I had to leave by 3 AM to be at the bus station by 4:15 to meet Jen. <P>4:45-On our way to NY, the butterflies are growing. 6:20-Arrive in NY, walk over to NBC to await the Rosie Stand-by ticket drawing at 7:15. You can either draw individual tickets or draw for a group. Jen and I decided to draw one ticket for the two of us. The numbers went up to over 60! Well, after a quick prayer to the Garth Angels, <B>I drew #5!</B> Pretty much a given that we were getting in! Next, straight to the Conan stand by ticket line. First come first serve. We got #13 and 14. Not a guarantee that we’d get in but it gave us a darn good chance.<P>At 9:30, heading into Rosie’s show. Rind Dings and milk given out to everyone but who could eat. I now had bats in my stomach where the butterflies used to be! The crowd was wild! The second to last row center. White sevens shirt and black Garth shirt next to me. Phillygirl and Jen 19—That was us The whole row was full of Garthnutts that were very very loud! They were playing clips of Garth songs. We were the only row standing, singing and dancing. Rosie does a great pre-show. They can really get the people going (not that we needed any help!) Garth sang <B>RIGHT NOW</B>. Very cool song. Garth cut out pretty quickly after the show so no pictures or Garth moments there. <P>Since we couldn’t go into Conan until 4:00. Jen and I decided to take a walk around the building to find lunch etc….We really didn’t think that Garth would leave the building since he was going to do another show. But when we got back to the NBC building, a short time later, we were told that we missed our Garth Moment. He was leaving the building and stopped to like 45 minutes. Have you ever felt like you had just been hit with a baseball bat and couldn’t breath or do anything else? Well that’s how I felt My whole body lost all excitement and joy that had been building up for days.<P>Several hours of depression later, it was time to go see the Conan show. Unlike Rosie, they get their crowd going like a turtle with two broken legs. Conan comes out to talk to everyone before the taping. Of course being the Garthnutt that I am, I yelled out a “Garth Remark”. I can’t even remember what I said. Right before the taping, one of the stage people came over and said., “It would be appreciated if you didn’t yell anything during the show.” Now mind you it is not what he said but how he said it. Very uptight people there! It’s not like I said anything rude. God forbid you have a good time. Anyway, during the taping, someone near me yelled something. The guy looked right at me. I just shrugged my shoulder and lifted my hands and mouthed “wasn’t me”. Happiness begins to return. Another CG song was sung. Garth hung out a little longer after this show but no pictures or moments yet.<P>As Garth was walking out, he looked right at Jen and I. I blew him a kiss and he sent one right back at me! I was dying. That just made the whole trip worth while. I didn’t think that it would get any better!<P>I left the Conan show feeling very very good! We decided to go hand out back with hopes of spotting Garth. Well Pgers, It paid off and I have finally had my <B>GARTH MOMENT!</B><P>His Limo came up out of the parking garage and stopped right next to us. Out pops Garth. He just walked right over, started talking to everyone! God life is Great! . I couldn’t stop the tears from coming. My first picture with Garth is probably gonna be horrible because of that. But I did have a chance to get a better picture once I stopped crying. Finally meeting him just confirms what an awesome person he is. One man that was walking by saw Garth and asked if he would mind talking to his mom on his cell phone. Of course ya know what Garth did, he took the phone, stepped away from the crowd and talked for a few minutes. That’s da man we all know and love! He stayed with us for about half an hour or so! It felt like an eternity. Talk about being on Cloud 7.<P>It’s a good think that I was walking on air, ‘cause by this time my feet and legs were killiing me! Off to the bus station for the ride home. So at 2:30 AM I’m back in my bed. Wow, 24 hour Garth Adventure! No wonder I slept so late this morning.<P>Well, I met a lot of nice people in NY and met some not so nice people. The good will always outweigh the bad. Thanks for helping the day turn out great goes to all those non “Garth Clique” kinda people. You were exactly the kind of people that makes proud to be a Garth Fan!<P>Thanks for listening guys. For those who haven’t had their Garth moment, Keep praying. It will come. And it is definitely worth the wait.<P>Denise<BR>N

Pilgrim
09-29-1999, 12:52 PM
<B>Very VERY COOL, that's the way it should be done</B>&lt; :D :D :D :D :D :D :D<P>BrianN

Deafcowboy
09-29-1999, 01:05 PM
Was that you that screamed that word.....Garth?....after Conan tried to go through who was his guests on the show?..Very Coooool....my mom said you had loud voice...after I showed her the recorded show....ha ha<P>DeafcowboyN

phillygirl4garth
09-29-1999, 04:17 PM
No, that wasn't me. I yelled before the taping even started and they asked me to stop. I guess they couldn't silence everyone! :) LOL<P>Thank God someone yelled. It had to be done :)<P>DeniseN

JulieLvsGB
09-29-1999, 06:30 PM
Denise,<P>Good for you! :) The Garth Angels were really looking over us on Tuesday! :)<P>JulieN

Deafcowboy
09-29-1999, 06:57 PM
LOL...ya denying that?....all right I believe ya...but you're lucky I couldn't use voice imprint scanning device...because I've not heard ya...but since I couldn't hear anything from that woman..and I bet I won't hear anything from you either....so that would sound the same....<P>stupid deaf joke?<BR>DeafcowboyN

shmlss4gb
09-29-1999, 07:21 PM
Denise,<P>OMG!!! Very Cool!! I am so happy for you. Isn't Garth just the sweetest man? Let's hope GB does Spring Training again in 2000, then we can have a big PGers adventure there. :) N

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
09-29-1999, 08:09 PM
WOW!!!<P>What an awesome experience!! Thanks for sharing your Garth Moment with all of us! <P> :) N

Jen19
09-29-1999, 10:02 PM
WE SURE HAD A GREAT TIME DIDN'T WE... I'M STILL ON CLOUD 7.. IT HAS BEEN SUCH A GARTARIFIC WEEK.. I NEVER WANT THIS SMILE TO COME OF MY FACE :) :)<BR> JENN

honky
09-30-1999, 04:27 PM
<B>REALLY NICE!</B> :D<P>Thanks for sharing!<P>TommyN

CaptMorgan
10-01-1999, 01:36 PM
Denise:<P>Have your feet finally touched the ground yet? I wouldn't imagine they would for a while. What a great story and Garth moment you had. Thank you so very much for sharing it with us.<P>Catch y'all around the next bend...N

phillygirl4garth
09-28-2000, 08:52 AM
Just bringing this back to the top:) It's been a year:) But the happiness still lingers on;).
<br>
<br>DeniseN

BlueRose
09-30-2000, 04:49 PM
Amen Denise! The first time will always be the most special.
<br>
<br>Cheryl
<br>N