PDA

View Full Version : My 7 year old son shook Garth's hand...

cbwild
12-05-1998, 05:02 PM
I have always been a HUGE Garth fan, I even got married (by choice) on his birthday! His music has helped me through more of life's rough spots than I care to think about, including the death of my grandmother. Last year, at one of the concerts in Lexington, KY, I was finally able to get great tickets for my whole family. (we were in the 10th row) My son, who was six at the time, absolutely adores Garth....he sings "Friends in Low Places," in the shower (lol). Anyway, when my son Josh found out we were going to the concert he got really fired up. He didn't realize how close we would be! He said he wanted to give something to Garth at the concert. I told him I would do whatever I could to make it happen. The night of the concert we made signs and Joshua drew a picture of him and Garth singing "Friends in Low Places", it was the cutest thing I'd ever seen. He also wanted to give Garth a Mighty Ducks Hockey cap, because he heard that Garth liked hockey! (keep in mind, he is only six at this time) So we shopped for a cap. During one of our favorite songs...."We Shall Be Free", we asked to approach the stage....twice we were denied this, until we talked to the head security guard who said Garth had told him anyone with a gift could approach the stage, but the guard said we had to leave it on the stage and return to our seats. We started toward the stage and I guess we caught gb's eye, because he started walking toward us!!! I lifted Josh up as high as I could get him and we were standing right in front of Garth. He bent over and took the picture from Josh and the hat and looked right into my eyes and said "thank you", as he shook my hand gently....then he took Josh's hand in a "man to man" hand shake and said "Thank You very much little man!" He tousled Joshua's hair and resumed singing right over top of us. We were urged back to our seats by a security guard and Garth waved goodbye to us. I think that was probably one of the most incredible moments in my life! If I ever get the chance to meet him in person or talk to him I will tell him that! Garth and his music mean more to me than he could ever possibly know. I felt that I had to share this experience.......Thank You for listening.N

theking
12-05-1998, 05:54 PM
"Very cool; very nice" :)<p>Thanks for sharingN

Peggy
12-07-1998, 07:17 AM
Wow! That is Very Cool! I'm so glad for your son. He must have been so excited!!<br>I've had the honor to shake GB's hand- now my great dream would be for my little boys to have the oppurtunity to do the same. They are truly Garth's Biggest-Littlest fans! I'm glad I can read about other little guys getting their moment!<p>N