PDA

View Full Version : My radio station needs a "push" to play the new song....

Garth4Prez
05-20-2000, 08:11 AM
WBKR in Owensboro, KY won't play the new Garth song yet. I have heard the song in Nashville. Now that I heard in PG that Capitol released the song as a single, they still haven't played it. I don't know if I am the only nut in KY requesting it or not...here is the email address, I think it is correct.<BR>nick@wbkr.com<BR>thanks....maybe that will help<BR>N

hugeGBnutt
05-20-2000, 09:37 AM
done, just requested it for ya! :)....tell us if they play it!<P>aRiN

elvisfanforever
05-20-2000, 10:51 AM
Hi;<BR>How, or when, did you read on Planet Garth, that this song was released as a single?<BR>All I knew about it so far, was it was out, as far as I knew, as a "Promo Only" Music Video for the music channels to air?<BR>If Capitol has actually released this song as a CD Single, I'd like to get a copy.<BR>Lester<BR> :)<BR>N

sasteen
05-20-2000, 12:05 PM
My radio station also needs a push. They are not playing the song but say they are working on it. Please help. The address is <A HREF="http://www.mountain96-5.com" TARGET=_blank>www.mountain96-5.com</A> <P>Thanks for all your help<BR>N

Chris Gaines
05-20-2000, 12:42 PM
Lester,<P>it was released as a single to RADIO ONLY. (not for retail sales) :)<P>It was shipped out on Wednesday/Thursday I believe to radio Stations.. check the "New Song" Forum :)<P>JasonN

Teresa Morris
05-20-2000, 01:52 PM
Yall can gently push...or heck...shove if you like...towards MY favorite station too! ;)<P>Their website is <A HREF="http://www.possum.com" TARGET=_blank>www.possum.com</A> and you can find email addys there. You can also call 256-220-1193. They also broadcast live on the Internet if you ever want to give them a listen. They are located in Athens, AL. <P>I've talked to em about it and they are certainly taking their sweet time playing it! <P>TeresaN

honky
05-20-2000, 02:47 PM
I DID IT!! ALL 3 STATIONS :)<P><BR>TommyN

SweetGBFan
05-20-2000, 04:16 PM
Hey Sasteen,<BR>My radio station is Mountain 96.5 also. Are you from the Johnstown, Pa area? I did hear the song on the station last night on Nashville nights. It was great, but I havent heard it in regular airplay. Are we sure this song was released to radio?N

Garth4Prez
05-22-2000, 09:41 AM
I read the info about the release on the Garthbox on Friday. I called WBKR this morning & they STILL don't have it. I think they have something against Garth...really makes me mad...oh well....at least I am trying!!!N

honky
05-22-2000, 10:48 AM
Garth4Prez,<P>Ummmm..... maybe they just haven't got the new single yet.... if it's a released single, the station will play it no matter what, especially it's Garth's. I think they just have not got it yet...<P><BR>But if you need more request for the new song, LET ME KNOW :D<P><BR>TommyN

G-f
05-22-2000, 04:32 PM
Hi all,<BR>I just sent an email to one of my favorite country stations. I haven't heard the song at all in North Carolina. :( I was just hoping that maybe I've missed it and that they are playing it. I'll let you know what they say and then "TOMMY" I'll let you know if I need your heavy ammunition.<BR>Thanks,<BR>TriciaN