PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! When You Come Back To Me is flying up the video charts here in Canada :)

boppityboo
05-05-2000, 11:44 AM
WOW! I tuned into the top 12 daily countdown of CMT Canada yesterday, and the video debuted at no. 4. The day before it was not even in the top 12. Today, its no. 2 already. It is blazing up the video charts here. :) I still haven't heard it on the radio, although I don't listen to it very often. Top 12 airs 3 times a day here... get to see Garth 3 times a day.. hehehe :)<BR>Anyway, just thought I'd pass the good news along. If y'all wanna help get it to NO.1, go to <A HREF="http://www.cmtcanada.com" TARGET=_blank>www.cmtcanada.com</A> and click on the vote for the top 12... :) I do it everyday. :D<P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)N

Pilgrim
05-05-2000, 02:35 PM
<B>WOW!!!</B><P>That is AWESOME news :D :D :D :D :D<P>VERY COOL is the words ;) ;)<P>BrianN

nelty
05-05-2000, 03:54 PM
Ellie,<P>I haven't been watching People's Choice... BUT I sure will now.. it starts in a few minute here... AHHHHHH!!!!!! Thanks for telling me.. and I have been voting since it started but my email for yesterday couldn't get in cause it was busying.. so MAYBE it was ALL for Garth.. YIPPIE!!!!! :)<P>Nelly ;)N

nelty
05-05-2000, 03:57 PM
oh. no... it's not going to be on today cause of the new program for this week they had... "The Winner is..." :( I will catch the midnight one.. hehe<P>NellyN

honky
05-05-2000, 10:36 PM
I voted!!<P>Come on keep voting :)<P><BR>TommyN

nelty
05-06-2000, 06:06 AM
Hey.. I voted hundreds of times... hehe :)<P>NellyN

AmazedByChris
05-06-2000, 09:15 AM
Yay! :) Maybe he should move here for a while (ducks) ;). N

nelty
05-06-2000, 09:57 AM
LOL :D..<P>no need to duck.. LOL...<P>NellyN

AmazedByChris
05-06-2000, 09:43 PM
Thanks for letting us know its position on the chart, Nelly! I finally saw it for the first time tonight. Wow.N

nelty
05-07-2000, 06:16 AM
np... <P>It's still at number 2 but I think they are still from Fridays... :)<P>NellyN

boppityboo
05-08-2000, 07:23 AM
Uh Oh! The video slipped back to no. 3. Julian Austins's Take The Money and Run is back at 2. Come on, that's not even an original song, but a remake from the 80's. We gotta unseat the Dixie Chicks outta first place. I like them, but not when Garth's new video is out. lol. Vote! vote!vote! :)<P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)<P>P.S. Hey, Tommy, maybe next time bud. :)N

honky
05-08-2000, 11:43 AM
Hey.. please go there and vote for the song :)<P>We have to push Garth to the first place!!! :)<P><BR><B>Ellie</B>,<P>Yeah.. too bad that my boss called me on the last minute!! :(<P><BR>TommyN

nelty
05-08-2000, 12:55 PM
Just voted a few hundreds times...<P>the song was coming on when I was chating with Lori. I turned on the TV and Julian was at number 2. Lori and I was sure that Garth was at number 1.. :(<P>NellyN

nelty
05-08-2000, 08:07 PM
it's going to be 3rd again tomorrow too.. PLEASE everyone vote.. <A HREF="http://www.cmtcanada.com" TARGET=_blank>www.cmtcanada.com</A> and click on People's Choice.<P>NellyN

nelty
05-08-2000, 08:08 PM
Ops.. it's already midnight.. I mean today.. ;) gee time does fly.. <P>Nelly<P>N

honky
05-08-2000, 09:54 PM
Nelly,<P>I did it again :)<P>Come on let's vote!<P>TommyN

Cathy Welch
05-09-2000, 08:03 AM
I have been voting every day at CMT Canada, but I'm sure it specifically says they will only accept one vote per email address per day. How can you be voting so many times?<P>BEWARE, however, these places are not stupid. I was just reading a very interesting article in Billboard about radio stations, etc. being able to discern when they are getting an abnormally high amount of requests. They can tell when fans get a little over zealous. <P>You could be shooting yourself in the foot by over voting!!!!!<P>The song will get votes on its own merit. It's that good!!<P>CathyN

boppityboo
05-11-2000, 07:14 AM
Come on people now, go now and vote for the new video. :) It fell to no. 4 again, after making it back up to no. 2. We can't let Faith Hill's new vid take no. 1. :( Hers was in the no. 2 spot. It takes only a minute, lets get Garth to no.1 and keep him there for as long as we can. :) <P>Just bringing this back to the top. Vote! <A HREF="http://www.cmtcanada.com" TARGET=_blank>www.cmtcanada.com</A> (top 12 people's choice)<P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)<P>P.S. They are playing WYCBTMA about once or twice daily other than in the daily countdown which happens to air 3 times in my time zone. :) N

nelty
05-11-2000, 07:49 AM
they played Garth's 11 times yesterday.. 4 times when you come back to me and 7 others.<P>I know.. come on guys.. votevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevo tevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevote votevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevo tevotevotevotevotevotevotevote votevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevote<P> :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)<P>NellyN

honky
05-11-2000, 04:33 PM
NO NOT FAITH!! <P>I JUST VOTED AGAIN :)<P><BR>TommyN

boppityboo
05-12-2000, 07:12 AM
WOOFREAKINHOO! Yeah! The video came in at NO. 1 this morning. :) :) :) We did it! :) DC was no. 2, Faith was no. 3, and Julian A. was 4. :) Yesterday, Garth was no.4. :) It is starting out a Garthy day. :) Everyone have a Garthriffic weekend and KEEP VOTING. :)<P><BR>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)N

nelty
05-12-2000, 07:29 AM
YEA... I saw that too..<P>YIPPIE... it's coming on 5 times today... check the CMT schedule and they are also playing The Red Stroke and Ain;t going down too.. <P> :)<P>NellyN

honky
05-12-2000, 08:50 AM
WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!<P>Isn't this great? I only vote once a day!! So this means that there are other people's voting too :)<P><BR>Tommy<BR>N

boppityboo
05-15-2000, 08:07 AM
NO!NO!NO! Faith cannot beat Garth into 1st place. :( :( :( But she did. WE gotta vote more! He was only no.1 for a couple days. :) You'd think we cna keep him there for a week? Lets go vote again guys, I can only vote once a day. :(Garth's vid is at no.2. :( We all know Faith's vid is up there, cause she's very popular now. I think her song sounds a lot like Martina McBrides' I Love You, but thats imho. :)<P>Go to <A HREF="http://www.cmtcanada.com" TARGET=_blank>www.cmtcanada.com</A> and VOTE! Please?<P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)N

loreli
05-15-2000, 10:00 AM
I saw CMT when I was in Whistler this weekend. Garths video was number one on the people's choice, is there more than one countdown chart? I was so excited when I saw that!<P>LoriN

honky
05-15-2000, 12:23 PM
I did it again!!<P>Come on, let's VOTE!!<P><BR>TommyN

nelty
05-15-2000, 12:39 PM
Lori<P>That's people's choice... We have to vote on it... :D<P>Tommy,<P>Garth's video is down to 2 and Faith is at number one. :o<P>Nelly<P>VoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVo teVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVote VoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteN

majmom
05-16-2000, 02:24 AM
Hey guys,<P>When I try to use the link, it says netscape is unable to locate the server - is there another link I could use to vote? Also - what is a "plausible" address I could use for Canada?<P>Let me know so I can vote!<P>Thanks,<P>KerryN

nelty
05-16-2000, 06:15 AM
Well, <P>Kerry... try this. <A HREF="http://www.cmtcanada.ca" TARGET=_blank>www.cmtcanada.ca</A> <P>and also WYCBTMA is back to number one.<P>NellyN

nelty
05-16-2000, 08:02 AM
Just so you know.. CMT is playing When you come back to me again SEVEN 7 times today..<P>7times.. :D<P>NellyN

boppityboo
05-16-2000, 11:05 AM
WOOFREAKINHOO! Yes! You guys are awesome. We voted Garth back at no. 1. Lets keep it up. :) Faith is back at no. 2. :) All these votes are sure helping. I'd like to be the guy who tallies up the votes, huh, seeing Garth go up and down. Although it must be computerized, but someone must have to look at the votes. :) Very Cool people. :)<P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)N

CaptMorgan
05-16-2000, 11:22 AM
Very, very cool!<BR>Consider the voting done from my end on a regular basis!<P>Catch y'all around the next bend...N

Pilgrim
05-16-2000, 02:47 PM
1000 ;)<P>BrianN

honky
05-16-2000, 04:21 PM
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!<P>Ellie, please keep us updated!! :D :D<P>I can't see CMT right now :(<P><BR>KEEP VOTING!<P>TommyN

majmom
05-17-2000, 03:36 AM
Thanks, Nelly - this time it worked! I voted!<P>KerryN

boppityboo
05-17-2000, 12:44 PM
Good Grief! Are the Faith fans watching CMT and sending in their votes like we are? lol Garth is back at no. 2 today, Faith is no. 1. Lets do it again, folks. have a friendly(yeah, right) rivalry going. :) Lets keep kicking Faith back down to no. 2. :) Keep voting. :)<P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)<P>P.S. I'm on my way to vote, are you?N

honky
05-17-2000, 12:54 PM
DARN!!<P>Faith's fans are annoying!!! *LOL*<P>Well.. I just voted again ;)<P><BR>TommyN

boppityboo
05-18-2000, 08:07 AM
Well, here I am back with my daily update. Garth is still at no. 2 with Faith at no. 1. :( We gotta find a way to block those Faith votes. lol. Lets try to keep him in the top spot for one more day, then whatever will be will be, come'on whaddaya say? :)<P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)N

boppityboo
05-19-2000, 06:51 AM
I've said it before, I'll say it again, you guys are awesome. The Garthmiester is back on top at no. 1. Way to vote ppl. :) Garth on top... that's the preferred position. ;)Garthriffic way to end the week. Hope everyone has a great weekend. To my fellow Canadians, have a safe Victoria Day long weekend. :) Don't forget the sunblock. :D<P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)N

AmazedByChris
05-20-2000, 07:35 AM
Maybe the votes were really close 'cause every time I voted, it went back to #1 LOL. Guess I better not skip a day LOL. <BR>Glad we finally have some sun to need sunblock for! Happy Victoria Day weekend to everyone!N

nelty
05-20-2000, 08:00 AM
You welcome Kerry...<P>BTW you can vote more the once... they wouldn't know anyway. <P>and Garth is back to number ONE hehe..<P>Nelly<P>PD TOMMY-&gt;&gt; you've got mail from 3 days ago.. :)N

boppityboo
05-20-2000, 02:25 PM
Hey, fellow awesome voters, another update for ya. People's choice only airs Mon-fri, but Garth's vid debuted at no. 19 on the Chevy Top 20 weekly countdown which airs Saturday mornings. It can only go up from here. Lets keep voting guys, I think we are doing a Garthriffic day. I personally try to watch it every time even though I have it taped twice on tape and can watch it any time. Hubby doesn't understand that part. lol.<P>Have a Garthriffic day, and fellow Canucks, have a safe Victoria Day long weekend. :)<BR>Ellie :)N

honky
05-20-2000, 02:57 PM
Happy Victoria's Day! :D :D<P>I just voted again!!<P><BR>TommyN

boppityboo
05-23-2000, 07:23 AM
WooHoo! Garth is still no. 1. :) If it ain't too much trouble, folks, lets try to keep him up there as long as possible. :) Faith is still second behing Da Man. :) hehe.<BR>This is just great, thanks to all who are voting everyday. :) <BR>Just a cute little story about the song and my 4 yr old daughter. When she sings along with the video, she does his hand movements too... like when he does during 'my yesterdays in front of me'. lol. Its soo cute, and when he waves his hands in front of his face up close. lol. too cute. :)<P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)<P>N

boppityboo
05-24-2000, 12:16 PM
Hi there guys, its the voting pest again. Well, guess we annoyed Faith fans long enough, she is back in at no. 1 with Garth at no.2. :( It must have ticked them off to keep seeing Garth's video knock Faith out of 1st. :) Much like how we can get when Garth gets pushed back to 2nd. lol. Anyway, it was a great run at 1 and 2. I ain't gonna ask ya all to vote anymore, but I know I will. lol<P>But just in case,www.cmtcanada.com. hehe<P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)N

honky
05-24-2000, 12:35 PM
Darn!! Those Faith fans just wouldn't give up!! :(<P>Just voted again :)<P><BR>Come on.. keep voting!<P><BR>TommyN

redstrokes77
05-25-2000, 03:43 AM
Can I ask a question here? When did Faith release the video? Her song is #1 on Top 40 charts and I've just recently seen the video.<P>debN

Cathy Welch
05-25-2000, 09:23 AM
Faith's video did not debut until May 8, one week after Garth's did, but it was put in immediate rotation. It took Garth at least two days before he was on the playlists at CMT. Sure ticked me off that they jumped all over Faith right away, but gave Garth a slow build. I don't want to offend any Faith's fans on here, but it's one of the silliest songs I've ever heard.N

redstrokes77
05-25-2000, 11:34 AM
Thanx Cathy! Great to "hear" from you!<P>I thought it was something like that. You kinda get the feeling that Faith's people didn't think the song was all that strong either. I mean, why wait so long before making the video? <P>I agree with your assessment of the song as well, and the video goes hand in hand.<P>debN

boppityboo
05-26-2000, 06:45 AM
I know I said I wouldn't be a pest, but I can't help it, its in my genes. lol. Hooray! Garth's vid was no. 1 again yesterday and today. Maybe those Faith fans are getting fed up... you hope? :) As for her song, it sounds like Martina's I Love You, totally non-country. But at least Garth's video debuted at the no. 4 spot for this countdown. It only took a few days too, when most vids take a couple weeks and start out at no. 12. :) So I guess Canada still loves Garth. :)Way to keep voting guys. <P>Have a <B>Garthriffic</B> day,<BR>Ellie :)N

wmcinnis
05-26-2000, 03:36 PM
I JUST KNEW IT :) When I tuned in to CMT today and seen Garth's new video was at number 1, I was so happy and I knew planet Garth was in on it :) Way to go you guys. I haven't been on the computer much in the last while because it's pretty much been all work and no play lately :( Anyway I'm going to go vote again and keep our man where he belongs :)<BR>-Susan- N

honky
05-30-2000, 05:16 PM
Ok Canadians... where is Garth at right now? ;)<P>I just voted!!<P>Keep voting!! :D<P><BR>Tommy<P>N

boppityboo
05-31-2000, 08:47 PM
Welp!.. Just a little update for ya. Garth and Faith are see-sawing back and forth at no. 1 and 2. Let see, tomorrow, Garth will be no.1, today, Faith was, day before, Garth, day before that, Faith, etc. lol We are definately annoying the Faith fans for sure. lol :D<P>May 31-Garth<BR>May 30-Faith<BR>May 29-Garth<BR>May 28-Faith<P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)<P>P.S. Keep voting..www.cmtcanada.comN

honky
06-05-2000, 12:08 PM
Garth still stays at No.1 :) KEEP VOTING!! LeAnn Rimes and Eric Heatherly are coming strong from behind!! And Faith is still hanging in second :o<P><BR>Keep voting!<P><BR>TommyN

boppityboo
06-11-2000, 10:06 AM
Just a wee update. Last Thursday and Friday, June 8, 9, Garth was no. 2. On Saturday, he was back at no. 1. Faith is still no. 2. Colin Raye is still no. 3. :) On the weekly top 20 countdown, Garth is at no. 15, up from 17. I think we are all doing a great job. I imagine it must be frustrating for Leann fans, DC fans, Colin fans that they cannot break into the top 2 cause of Garth and Faith. :)<BR>Keep up the great voting guys. <P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)<P>Go vote:www.cmtcanada.caN

honky
06-11-2000, 10:58 AM
Ellie,<P>OH YES!! I even had a nightmare about Faith's staying at No.1 :o<P><BR>Very Cool!!!! KEEP VOTING!!!<P>TommyN

boppityboo
06-13-2000, 06:48 AM
LOL Tommy, watch those nightmares! Just another update. Saturday, Monday, and today, Tuesday, Garth is still holding off Faith at no. 1. WOOHOO! Way to go ppl.<P>Have a Garthriffic day<BR>Ellie :)N

Lost 'n' Garth
06-13-2000, 07:58 AM
Go Garth, Go Garth.... yea buddy!! Go Garth!!<P> :) :) :)<P>CheriN

honky
06-13-2000, 10:17 PM
Ellie,<P>VERY COOL!! I always check their playlist to ensure that Garth is still at No.1 :)<P><BR>YES!! LET'S KEEP IT GOING FOR ONE MORE MONTH :)<P><BR>TommyN