PDA

View Full Version : CNN Poll

Jen19
12-24-1999, 06:28 AM
This turned out pretty good : <P>Garth Fans React Online<P><BR>Garth ponders, "How do normal people work .. and have time for their kids?"<BR> <BR>The reaction has been mixed to Garth Brooks' announcement last week that hes considering retirement at the end of 2000. Now, a new CNN online poll has asked country music fans the question:<BR>"What's your reaction to GARTH BROOKS' statement that he'll probably retire to spend more time with his family?"<BR>Here are the responses:<P>46% - "It'll never last";<BR>53% - "He has his priorities in order"; and<BR>2% - "He's throwing his career away."<P><BR>Jen<BR>N

Snow
12-24-1999, 06:44 AM
Hey... I voted in that poll! I went with the majority.... he has his priorities in order. :) Second choice would have been that it'll never last... I think both are true.<P>I was going to post on here to tell everyone about the poll but when I went back to get the info for the post it was already over. Sorry guys!N

KPantherTX
12-24-1999, 07:10 AM
I would have to agree with the poll. As I said in my previous posting, I feel Garth is doing the right thing. He should put family first. We will all miss him, but still. We all need to respect, admire, and follow Garth's ways. I am not saying everyone should quit their job, but put more time into their family. You never know when a family member may not be around to enjoy that time with. Remember this esspecially during this holiday time.<P>KevinN

BigGfan4life
12-24-1999, 12:48 PM
I'm a little disappointed that more people didn't vote that he had his priorities in order. How can anyone expect Garth to choose the fans over his precious little girls? N

Alawishes
12-24-1999, 03:43 PM
I don't think he should retire totally, I think he should say he is taking a leave of absence or something like that and still make new albums here and there but thats it.N

honky
12-24-1999, 07:02 PM
Ok.. what does "it will never last" mean? <P>Meaning, he will never retire?<P>TommyN

Alawishes
12-25-1999, 06:31 AM
Yep it means he can never retire I think. Some don't think he will, I don' think he will neither and if he does it will not be for long. :)N