PDA

View Full Version : Why does he do this?

Garthlvr4eva
12-23-1999, 11:50 AM
First of all let me say that I am a very big fan of Garth's music and have been for awhile. I think he is a wonderful guy but really I think I have had enough of his retiring. Whenever he brings out a CD that dosn't sell well he thinks its time to retire. I MEAN COME ON! He did this twice before where he thought it was over for him. He never does retire and all he does is worry his fans for no reason at all. Garth if you are going to retire, retire already! Enough of you thinking it's time to hang up your hat. If you fell you suck that bad do it do it. N

apple31
12-23-1999, 03:23 PM
i think it has to do with the fact his mother died ,i think she was his insperation!N

honky
12-23-1999, 04:56 PM
Yeah.. I think it has to do with his mother's passing and his family. The last time he mentioned about retirement was when Taylor was born. It wasn't because of what you said.<P>I think when someone mentioned the *R* word, there must be a personal reason. Celine Dion will retire for the next 2 years because her husband had cancer. <P>It's always the serious illness that would people to love one another more ;) Since Garth's mom's passing, it's not surprise that he wants to spend more time with his family. <P>My dad passed away this summer, and I sure love my mom even more :)<P>TommyN

Alawishes
12-23-1999, 05:52 PM
I think there are a lot or reasons, family, CG, the industtry, a lot of reasons. Garth has mentioned retiring twice, once when his daughter was born, and then in 95 so this is the 3rd. I hope he don't retire and I doubt he will but he won't be back for a long time after 2000 probally. Who knows what he is thinking. I think his mention of retirement in 95 was more indusrty related because he was having record label problems at the time but he came back and I suspect he will do the same this time but it will be probally more slower. He needs time away from everything but I am not worried at all because Garth can never just vanish he will always be around.N