PDA

View Full Version : Feeling down? So am I....maybe this will help

Mahl62
12-20-1999, 07:53 PM
I feel terrible, as a fan, I mean. I am hearing nothing but complaining after the news of possible retirement last week. Yes, I'm sad to hear it too, but stop and listen to ourselves. There are people out there who have gotten to meet this man in person, then there are those who will never get to meet him. There are those people who have seen him multiple times in concert, then there are those who have been unable to get tickets at all. There are those who buy every single CD and VHS tape he's ever released, then there are those who can't afford to do that. Please, just do me this one favor, be thankful we've been able to spend the last 10 years with this man! Nothing is final yet, and you know how the media can leave ONE little word out when reporting, he did say POSSIBLY....give the tabloids a week and they'll have some great headlines for us....don't take them personally, ignore them.....PLEASE....I think it's great how some people are writing to let him know he is wanted to keep making music, but please, let's not try and send him on a guilt trip, he's given us so much, let's give back, by respecting whatever decision he makes.....I wrote something for Garth and it helped me a little, maybe you can get something from it too....MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE<P>I've tried to understand, this world in which we live, how so many can love and so many can give. Then there are those, who can't seem to even try, they bend over backwards to make someone cry. Listen not to the critics, we've heard you say before, we say forget them TOTALLY, they're rotten to the core. You've given everything you have, to make the world seem brighter, and we can't help but hold on, just a little tighter. You're happiness to us, means so very much, you make our lives so much brighter, with just the slightest touch. It's hard for us to understand, the life in which you lead, to be away from family, those you really need. We do however know, how much we mean to you, through your music & your concerts, and all the things you do. Forever in our hearts, you will always remain, but with rumors of retirement, the tears we can't contain. Music's in your future, touring may not be, with ten years behind us, it's not so hard to see. We'll love and support you in whatever you decide, repect your decision, and ALWAYS be a Garth Brooks fan with pride!<BR>N

Hawk7lte
12-20-1999, 08:19 PM
Mahl,<P>That's very nicely written; it reads well, sounds sweet and sincere. Obvious you care.<BR>Thanks for sharing.<P><BR>HawkN

no1cowgirl
12-21-1999, 01:21 PM
Amen! I couldn't have said it better!<P><BR>KristaN

Ladyg
12-22-1999, 08:11 AM
Very, very nice. Very well said!<P>LuvYa!<BR>DebbieN

honky
12-22-1999, 05:34 PM
Very well said :)<P>Let's just forget and cherish what we already have :) Be content of your life ;)<P>TommyN

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
12-22-1999, 08:14 PM
Mahl,<P>Tre' Magnifique!! :)<P>CCN

GarthRox
01-07-2000, 04:03 PM
WOW!! that was so wonderfully written, you are amazing! thank you so much for sharing your words of wisdom with us!N

psa
01-07-2000, 04:13 PM
Very good job I could not have said it<BR>any better we all need to be thankful for<BR>what he has already given us and let him<BR>do what he needs to do.N

Alawishes
01-07-2000, 04:42 PM
Maybe Garth means he is going to semi-retire???????N

Pilotazo
01-24-2000, 01:44 PM
For sure you are not one of those narrow minded journalists that enjoy with negative critics. <P>Luis Laria.<BR>Aranjuez, Spain.N

always supportive fan
02-01-2000, 05:11 AM
That was awesome. I agree with everything you said. Sometimes it just isn't easy letting go of something you love as much as we love Garth. He'll always be the best in our eyes. We just got to remember all the good things we love about him.<BR>Loving Garth always,<BR>MelissaN