PDA

View Full Version : cash money

YOUARESHEEP
12-21-1999, 08:57 AM
This isn't the first time he's threatened to retire. Recall his tell-all interview with Barbara Walters a few years ago. He openly contemplated retirement then, at the hieght of his career. And how the hell is he going to retire after this Chris Gaines debacle? He will most likely have to create more music for the film, along with whatever promotional ideas are thought up.<P>There are two reasons for this announcement: to create added interest in his current or "last" recording, and set himself up for a "glorious return" to the spotlight once the Gaines persona becomes a bore to him. Think of it. It's 2001, Garth makes a Garth record, goes on Behind The Music to tell his REAL real life story, rips it up on Storytellers, tours and, BAM!, another 20 million in the bank. It's as brilliant as it is sickening. <P>N

kristen166
12-21-1999, 09:12 AM
That could be a possibility. <P>Who really knows. :(N

Snow
12-21-1999, 11:27 AM
*singing* <I>You may be right... or I may be crazy... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...</I><P>Ok... just trying to lighten up.<P>Hey... you COULD be right. *shrugs* Garth is great at marketing. But I don't think it is for the money EVEN IF it were true. He has more than enough. And if it were meerly the money he would have been gouging the fans on tickets and CD prices... not cutting them. So... IF your were right (and I disagree)... it would be for the sheer drive of success.<P>Maybe it's just what it SEEMS! He's tired... and he wants time with his family. Maybe it's what he SAYS... that music just isn't FIRST in his life at the moment. Doesn't mean it won't come back.<P>HECK... most of us in high stress jobs have frequent thoughts... "hmmmm... wouldn't it be nice to retire?" And... well he has the financial stability to retire if he wants. That has to be tempting. So yes it must cross his mind. Garth tends to think out loud and just blurted out his feelings.<P>Gee... *thinking to myself*... I seem to remember doing that just last week when I was talking with a fellow teacher after a particularly hard day and we both agreed that a $17/hour job in a factory looked pretty good after a day with the kids being on a pre-holiday high. Doesn't mean I'm going to do it... well... not this week anyway. :)N

Pilgrim
12-21-1999, 11:46 AM
I don't think so :D :D I just think he is really fed up with it :(<BR>He will be too scarred to do a think like that :o He know he will be ripped apart by the media :(<BR>But he didn't have to leave his European fans like this :( :(<P>BrianN