PDA

View Full Version : Why?

kristen166
12-20-1999, 06:16 PM
I know Garth said something that shocked us but he did not say he was indeed retiring in 2000. He said probally which is more then a if then a positive yes. So what is it with the good-bye Garth post? :) I can't speak for Garth but if I was a artist who just said something like that and then came and read a lot of post from people saying good bye, thankyou for the past I would feel kinda like well maybe they are getting tired of me or maybe they don't care if i go.<P>Garth did say if he retires it would be for family but I do think it is other things too that have him at this decision. Do you think Garth will say I am going to retire because I am fed up with the industry or I don't ahve no fans only 2 milllion bought the CG album or I am just so sick of making music. Probally not so of course he will say family and not the other reason. I think family is a big reason but I do think Garth is the type that will slow down or just make albums before quitting completely. Also I don't think this is something Garth spent time thinking out. He was just on a talk show a few weeks saying he was taking 2000 off to find what his life is and now a few weeks later he has found that. I don't think that fast. I think we should keep our heads up and try to let Garth know we will alwasy want music from him before anything else. If he is sick of music then he will tell us then and if he is sure and has his mind set for family then we probally can't change it anyways but I think right now we should look at other reasons he may be feeling like quitting and not take family as his only reason because we really don't know, he just seems like there is more. Look at him on tapes before the CG project was out or right when it was out then look at him now in the past month or so, not the same to me.N

Pilgrim
12-20-1999, 09:14 PM
Well, I can use that in a positive way :)<P>I'm probably the only one here who totally disagree with his decision :) So hopefully he read this and come back before he retires :) :o<P>Brian :)N

kristen166
12-21-1999, 09:05 AM
Brian I don't agree with his decision neither. I can see him not touring for a while but to announce a retirement from music, I think he is just bored of music and wants something else to do. :(N

Pilgrim
12-21-1999, 12:50 PM
I don't know what's up with him either, except I think his mother is a huge part of this :( :(<P>I just want him to finish off with a tour here in Europe, then he can go home and enjoy the rest of his life, never making any albums again.<BR>I'm sure there is a lot of unreleased material around :D :D :D<P>BrianN