PDA

View Full Version : my turn

jdgbtweety
12-20-1999, 04:32 PM
Well I dont know where to begin. I know that I am a little late getting into all of this but I have known since "it" was announced. I had to wate for the pc to get fixed. Darn motem! :) Since I am late I have probally missed a lot of what was said. I have read some of what has been poasted but I could never get through it all. There is just too much. So as I say my opinion if I repeat what has already been said, I am sorry.<BR>Well I must say that the announcement was a bit of a shock. I always knew that he would not last forever but I never thought that the ride would end now. But I understand why. He has spent the last 10 years giving us everything that he had, now he wants to give that to his girls. As a fan I could never deny him that. I don think that it was a mid life crisis or the "failure" (though I know it wasn't) of the Chris Gains cd that made him make up his mind. <BR>He could change his decision in the next few months or he could hold to it. We have the next year or so to enjoy what he has done and to prepair for the party. WE have the movie (cant wate still!!!) to watch for. He did say that he is still doing the soundtrack for it since he is contracted to do it. ANd who knows as a going away present he might give us one last studio album (note this is MY WISH NOT A FACT SO NO RUMERS PLEASE!!!! :) ) <BR>But then think on how ironic that he ends his albums on his favorite number 7.<BR>Anyway, my heart felt wishes go out to the man that has given so much and asked for nothing in return. I would love to be able to say to him face to face, Go spend time with those girls. They need their daddy. Get to know your father and chearish the memories of your mother. Learn to love your wife in 1000 more ways. And maybe when you feel it is time, or even if you dont ever, then you could give us a little more. But only if you want too. :)<BR>ANd I say to my fellow Garth nuts. WE have had the ride of our lives. He gave us insperation to live with. He sang songs that brought us joy and helped us through sad times. To those of you that got to meet him, treasure the experience that you got to meet a true man of our times. Not to mention that he is not going anywere. He will still be learking in the corner. <BR>Only he knows what is best. Lets just leave it at that. Only him and God can decide how his future will go.<BR>With that I will end.<BR>W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G.<BR>JenN

Nancy
12-22-1999, 03:27 AM
I agree with you. The man lost his mother who was his inspiration, and he has "rediscovered" his relationship with his wife and children...and as a result he has changed his priorities. In the long run, that is what it's all about. No one lies on their death bed thinking, "Gee, I wish I had made one last tour of Europe" or "Gee, I wish I hadn't disappointed my fans by retiring so early." He put us ahead of his family for 10 years, and now he's realizing what's truly important (as many of us seem to do as we approach 40, for some reason.) Although I'm sad, I admire his courage. He's doing what is in his heart, and we could all learn a lesson from him. Sorry, but I'm tired of all the selfish posts from people. Just because we think we have the solution for him (just tour only a few days a year, etc, etc, etc) doesn't mean it's right for him. Can't we give him a break and support him? (sigh) Enough said.N