PDA

View Full Version : NEED TO VENT....

wmcinnis
12-19-1999, 03:56 PM
I am a little upset right now, well actually alot. I worked overtime today and got razed about Garth most of the day. I have very mixed feelings about Garth retiring, but right now I am mostly sad.<BR>My co-workers started to go on about Garth retiring saying stuff like he's washed up, he's got enough money, he probably lost all his fans with the Chris Gaines thing, his wife's making him quit because of the Trisha thing, and also a comment "he's just a singer." <BR>Well needless to say they like to really bother me about Garth because they know I'm a huge fan to put it mildly. I think the comment that bothered me the most was the one that he's just a singer. Maybe to them he's just a singer but he's a heck of alot more than that to me. <BR>I guess I just have to take it where it's coming from. Obviously from their discussion, these people are very ignorant of knowing the facts and probably subscribe to every tabloid magazine out there.<BR>Anyway sorry for going on but I know alot of you PGers probably run into these type of people all the time too. :(<BR>Thanks for listening(like you had a choice) :D<BR>-Susan-N

loreli
12-19-1999, 04:10 PM
Go ahead and vent all you want Susan. It makes me feel better when I do. :)<P>LoriN

NewestGBFan
12-19-1999, 04:19 PM
Hi, I used to be one of those people who thought country fans were ignorant and mentally deprived.<P>That is until I became a BELIEVER. Hearing Garth's music, REALLY hearing Garth's music made me a believer. <P>Now people are bugging me about being a Garthnutt. All this is in a matter of weeks. Just feel good knowing that you know what you know and don't worry about the others. They may never get it but that is their loss.<P>Thanks for venting. We all need to do that.<P>ElaineN

kristen166
12-19-1999, 04:36 PM
Well I always have my ears open to others opinions about Garth and really nobody knows what Garth is thinking right now, or why he really wants out. I got some reasons of my own to what Garth is doing. Maybe it is indeed for family maybe it is something else......Who really knows right?? I just don't want him to go away forever. :( N

Pilgrim
12-19-1999, 09:38 PM
That's OK Susan :)<BR>I can't say that I know of this problem here because I don't think no one really knows.<BR>But, I have to say that I have got a new picture of him as a person :o<P>BrianN

honky
12-19-1999, 09:53 PM
<B>Susan</B>,<P>What? There are other BCers who are that IGNORANT? <P>Hey, forget about what others said, because if they want to know the truth, they can find that out! Now that you have found the truth, so keep believing :) I don't have friends who like country, so I found a way to just ignore any nasty comments.<P>TommyN

honky
12-19-1999, 09:55 PM
[b]Brian/b].<P>CALM DOWN! <P>TommyN

Pilgrim
12-19-1999, 10:56 PM
Thats easy for you to say Tommy.<P>I will continue this until he is in Europe again.<P>BrianN

AZamy77
12-19-1999, 11:34 PM
Hey Susan :)<P>I've been getting the same thing from some people, who know what a fan of Garth I am.<BR>Well, as Elaine said, "It's their loss" if they don't like him, they don't get it, don't want to get it....! What are they thinking, to try and make me feel bad? They shouldn't do that!! They don't know what they're in for! I've heard it all, and I find myself defending my feelings about what is TRUE, and about what a TRUE person he is. It's ALL about the MUSIC, the HEART AND SOUL, the energy he radiates! If they don't want to be a part of something in this world that IS good- it's their loss! Garth has gone ABOVE and BEYOND any entertainer out there, and if they want to challenge me, then bring it on! I haven't bought all of his albums because I wanted him to reach 100 mil., and 'ya know, no one ever twisted my arm, or the arms of millions of others who have bought his albums. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC! Well, I guess I vented to your vent, there Susan! :) Let's keep saying a prayer for Garth and his family. I wish the world could appreciate Garth for the music he has made, and the humanitarian work he does, the positive effect he has on us, the true gentleman he is. But unfortunately, we live in a sick world, where all reporters want to do is go for the juggler! Well, there are some good reporters, but then good stories don't sell that well... :( Too bad for the WORLD! If everyone listened to Garth and lived like he sings, this would be a perfect world! But, there's so many people missing out! :( So, this world's a wreck....<P>Peace, Love, and God Bless.<P>Amy :) N

wmcinnis
12-22-1999, 02:52 PM
Thanks for listening :)<BR>NewestGBFan: Happy to have you with us at PG. I like your attitude but you know these people come to me and make comments and I try to explain to them certain things and it's like they don't want to hear the truth, they'd rather listen to the gossip. What a strange breed eh?<P>AZamy77: I'm glad I'm not alone. You are 100% correct when you say it's their loss and a big one at that. Something else that strikes me funny about this one guy at work that bugs me alot about Garth is, he always seems to know when Garth's going to be on T.V. Actually he's the one that told me about the retirement because I had missed the Crook and Chase show. I confronted him one day and said for someone who doesn't like Garth you sure know what he's doing. He didn't have much to say about that. :)<BR>Anyway you're right they don't know what they're missing.<BR>-Susan- N

boppityboo
12-23-1999, 10:15 AM
I use to get that alot from my mom in law of all ppl. I really haven't got any flack about it, but when I do, I just kinda ignore and not respond to their comments. Thats what they wanna hear, your defese. I just say, whatever, you think what you like, I know the truth. Funny, no one says anything to be anymore. :) Although I love Garth to death and my family knows it...I don't go on and on about him to friends or anything like that cause you're just opening yourself up to be riduculed. But don't ya feel better not that you've vented.. lol... :)<P>Merry Christmas, <BR>Ellie :)N

boppityboo
12-23-1999, 10:15 AM
I use to get that alot from my mom in law of all ppl. I really haven't got any flack about it, but when I do, I just kinda ignore and not respond to their comments. Thats what they wanna hear, your defese. I just say, whatever, you think what you like, I know the truth. Funny, no one says anything to be anymore. :) Although I love Garth to death and my family knows it...I don't go on and on about him to friends or anything like that cause you're just opening yourself up to be riduculed. But don't ya feel better now that you've vented.. lol... :)<P>Merry Christmas, <BR>Ellie :)N

boppityboo
12-23-1999, 02:47 PM
OMG! I think that is the first time I double posted. rofl. SORRY! <P><BR>Merry Christmas again,<BR>Ellie :)N

Glenn!
12-23-1999, 08:00 PM
SIMMA DAN NAN

wmcinnis
12-26-1999, 12:23 AM
Ellie;<BR>As if your mother-in-law bothers you about Garth :o<BR>Although it's hard I've learned now that like you said ignoring them is the best thing because it's true, the more I defend him the worse it gets and the more they go on and on. I shouldn't even waste my energy on these people :)<BR>-Susan-N