PDA

View Full Version : Who's to blame for my sadness?

kissthefuture
12-18-1999, 07:51 AM
I CANNOT BELIEVE HE IS RETIREING! I never got to see him live, I never got to meet him and now I never will! This is all Sandy's fault, you know how much he loves his music and you know she had a huge part in this. Oh my I must simmer down na but this just really angers me. I also believe Trisha has a huge part to do with this, if she wouldn't hang all over him then Sandy wouldn't get so mad and decide it is time for him to call it quits! THIS IS NOT FAIR TO THE FANS!N

Snow
12-18-1999, 07:55 AM
I was never able to see him live either.... so I understand your disappointment.<P>However there seems to be no evidence that you need to blame anyone. Last I check Garth was a free adult and makes his own choices. I'm sure he and his wife have discussed it but it is his decision. As for Trisha... other than her being a very long time supportive friend, she has to part in this. I've never seen her hang on him.... ever.N

kissthefuture
12-18-1999, 08:00 AM
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO....<BR>I know sandy has something to do with it. any REAL Garth fan would be able to see that. And about the Trisha thing....are you blind or just stupid. I mean why do you think they are always "singing" together...and don't you read the papers? and watch tv? she is ALWAYS trying to hang all over him and always giving him goggly eyes. your just in denial because your in shock over garth retireing. WAKE UP. N

AbsoluteNJGarthNut
12-18-1999, 09:39 AM
Hey there Kissthefuture..<P>Simma Down Na!! There is no reason at all to isult Snow's intelligence here.<P>Everyone is entitled to their opinion and there is no reason to call anyone stupid!<P>And personally, no I don't think her opinion is clouded because of shock over his retirement.<P>Do you know Garth personally or Trisha or Sandy?? Probably not...and that is how rumors get started. Snow is right...Garth is a big boy and can take care of himself. Yes, I think Sandy was part of his decision, but any big decision regarding career or personal things should be discussed with spouses. <P>You should also read "Important Notices" to make sure you are not crossing any "lines" here.<P>Thanks <BR>KarinN

Snow
12-18-1999, 12:13 PM
kissthefuture...<P>My opinion stands. Garth and Trisha do have a chemistry that is shared by many duet artists. But I still ask you to point me to any video footage where Trisha "hangs" on Garth. Looks are part of the act. Haven't you ever watched any other duet act? This has been my opinion long before any statement of a possible retirement... so your suggestion that it is part of some shock is illogical. But being a new poster here gives you some excuse not to know that.<P>However... you do need to read the IMPORTANT NOTICE as it gives you the guidelines about what are appropriate topics for discussion. Garth's marriage is not one of them. Evidently you've been reading way too much tabloid news. It does tend to rot the brain.N

wmcinnis
12-18-1999, 04:42 PM
Snow<BR>Couldn't have said it better myself :)<P>kissthefuture:<BR>Of course Sandy would have a little to do with it but she has also stated before that she would not make Garth choose between his career and her but when there are children involved that might be a little different.<BR>Also while you're on the topic of FAIRNESS, do you think it's fair for him to miss out on watching his girls grow up?<BR>As for the Trisha comment, well, don't even go there. I'm sick to death of hearing about it. It's really too bad, you know we're almost in the year 2000 and people still can't accept the fact that a man and woman can be the best of friends. :(<BR>-Susan-N