PDA

View Full Version : You are all right...............

Loni_mmg
12-17-1999, 04:26 AM
I have read every one of the posts regarding Garth's retirement. And I must say that I agree with all of you in one aspect or another. Yes, I am extremely sad and somewhat devastated that he will "PROBABLY" announce his retirement at the end of 2000. But I also understand. They are his family and we have had him for 10 years, now it's their turn to have him.<P>Yes, I agree that other musicians can have a family and a career, why can't he? But, like he said, it's because he can only focus 100% on one thing at a time. But why can't he just slow down. Well, Garth doesn't go slow. He just isn't that type of guy and that is one of the things I love about him.<P>I heard on the radio this morning, the DJ said that, "Garth is too creative a person to be sitting at home. He has so much more to give not only to his fans but to himself. He has so much left in him." <P>I agree with that but I think that he is still going to be creative. He'll still write songs and perhaps scripts. <P>Do I think he will stay away long? No, I think he will be back. I am not going to give an estimate when but I think he'll be back. I mean, Capitol executives and friends and some of his co-writers on songs don't even think he's going to retire and they know him better than I do. So, we'll have to wait and see.<P>Do I think it's selfish to not want Garth to go. Well... yes and no. It's not selfish to be a fan of his and not want him to go but I think it's kind of selfish to give him a hard time about going with his kids. It's not like he's leaving to be the new front man of Van Halen. He's gonna be with his kids. And he's already given us so much, doesn't his deserve something.<P>But it could be a case of "The Garth who cried 'retirement'" He's said he was gonna do this twice before and never did it. So, everyone doesn't believe him, but maybe this is the time he will actually go through with it. <P>I totally agree with everything that has been said on this forum and all the others but it just comes down to waiting it out, waiting to see what will happen. We still have a whole year left before it's gonna happen and alot of things could happen in that time. But no matter what happens, I will always be a true Garth fan. Even if he does retire and he comes back at 60 or even 80, and I am well... 43 or 63. LOL. I will still be swooning over him. The outside of him might change but his heart will always be the same.N

sleanna
12-17-1999, 05:37 AM
Loni:<P>You said that perfectly, I agree 100%.<P>Have a great day :)<P>LeannN

Crackers
12-17-1999, 06:49 AM
Ditto, Loni........and what a great writer you are!!!!N

Loni_mmg
12-17-1999, 07:08 AM
Well, thank you. But it's so easy to write when you are writing from the heart. I can't write music but I seem to have no trouble expressing with feelings any other way. LOL. <P>And it's true, everything I have read so far, I've agreed with. <P>Loni :)N

loreli
12-17-1999, 08:01 AM
We are all in agreement. :)<P>You did a great job, Loni of saying everything I wanted to say. :)<P>LoriN