PDA

View Full Version : HOLY! the news is spreaded out fast!

honky
12-15-1999, 07:41 PM
I can't believe that I found another article about Garth's "retirement" from Mrshowbiz :o This really surprises me because C & C was only broadcasted this afternoon :o<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>Garth Brooks to Retire? <P> <BR> <P> <BR>The end of the world must be nigh. Garth Brooks stunned country music fans everywhere today by announcing that he may hang up his spurs next year. <P>"I never, ever thought in my life I'd say this, but music is not the first thing in my life anymore," Brooks, who has three young daughters, said in an interview on the Nashville Network's Crook & Chase show. "Those girls somehow come along, and they just take your energy, and all of a sudden all you want to do is you want to do things that make them smile." <P>Though he wouldn't define "retirement," Brooks said that he and his wife, Sandy, would probably "lay low" for much of next year, and then "probably announce our retirement at the end of next year." He added that he would likely continue to write songs, and possibly screenplays. "Writing seems to be what my bag is," he said. <P>At 37, Brooks is, by far, the most successful solo country recording artist of all time, having sold almost 100 million albums in the last 10 years. Four of his albums have sold more than 10 million copies each in the United States: 1990's No Fences (16 million), 1991's Ropin' the Wind (14 million), last year's Double Live (12 million), and 1994's The Hits (10 million). Last year, Brooks set out to become the first artist to sell a million copies of a CD in a single week, succeeding in his goal with Double Live, though the actual record was beaten earlier this year by the Backstreet Boys' Millennium. Brooks' 1999 attempt at a pop album, Garth Brooks In The Life of Chris Gaines, was met with mediocre reviews and disappointing sales, leaving fans wishing Brooks would let his country roads take him home. <P><BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Nothin' new<P>TommyN

loreli
12-15-1999, 07:44 PM
It's a big story Tommy. :(<P>LoriN

hugeGBnutt
12-15-1999, 08:08 PM
you are telling me, the story has already been on <B>all 3</B> of my local news stations.......you bet it is a big story, the biggest star in music retiring :( :(<P>aRiN

Pilgrim
12-15-1999, 09:11 PM
Thanks for sharinf Tommy<P>BrianN

TheChange
12-16-1999, 01:07 AM
Garth's 'retirement' was announced on our WMAQ, Channel Five News Chicago, this morning. They did say that although Garth did not discribe 'retirement' he will no longer tour.<P>VidaN