PDA

View Full Version : Are we forgetting something.....remember "THE DANCE".

PCL
12-15-1999, 12:15 PM
Hey<P>I now Garth wont retire. He just needs time to breathe. What people seem to forget is you dont retire from music. Its a part of who you are. He may not do another three year world tour, but he'll definately still do more albums. HE HAS A CONTRACT THAT TAKES HIM TO THE YEAR 2015. Besides, he has something BIG planned for next fall. We also have "The Lamb" and its actual soundtrack to still come. <P>But remember this:<P>[b]<BR>Looking back<BR>All the memory of<BR>The dance we shared <BR>Neath the stars above<P>For a moment<BR>All the world was right<BR>How could I have known<BR>You'd ever say goodbye <P>And now<BR>Im glad I didnt know<BR><I>The way it all would end<BR>The way it all would go</I><P>Our lives<BR>Are better left to chance<BR>I couldve missed the pain<BR>But Idve had to miss<P>"the <P>dance"<P>Hearing you<BR>I heard everything<BR>For a moment<BR><I>WASNT I A KING</I><P>If Id only known<BR>How the king would fall<BR>Then who's to say<BR>You know I might've chanced it all<P>And now<BR>Im glad I didnt know<BR><I>The way it all would end<BR>The way it all would go</I><P>Our lives<BR>Are better left to chance<BR>I couldve missed the pain<BR>But Idve had to miss<P>"the <P>dance"<P>YES, MY LIFE<BR>ITS BETTER LEFT TO CHANCE<BR>I COULD'VE MISSED THE PAIN<BR>BUT IDVE HAD TO MISS<P>"THE<P>DANCE"<BR>......................<P>Scott<BR>"When i need to face the music<BR>Garth's music gets me through"N

LVGB4EVER
12-15-1999, 12:32 PM
Scott,<P>I hope your right but he did sound pretty confident today ecpecially when he spoke about speeking to his Dad about it :( That to me is very touching and very convincing :( I hope not but we will have to wait and see!!<P>Take Care<BR>SueN

G-f
12-15-1999, 02:12 PM
PCL<BR>The big surprise or thing that he has planned for the fall will be that big finale concert to say goodbye. I don't think he could have said it any clearer than what he said it today. He said today he's going to take off for a long while with the girls and then probably come and make the announcement about retiring, and to try and do a big celebration. I don't know about him, but I WOULDN'T be there celebrating. The part where he says "probably"....I feel like he should say yah or nay and make it stick. I truly understand he has been through a LOT this year with his mom and all the criticism about the Chris G. stuff, but I would like to ask him face to face not to do to us what he did before. Tell us he was going to retire and then spring back. It makes you think that's it's a marketing ploy. I don't like the way he's treated and talked about anyhow and this would be just another thing that he would be criticized for. I don't want him to go, but I do NOT understand why there can't be some balance made. Let him tour in the summer when the kids are out of school. Hey they home school them anyhow. Other entertainers do it. I just took him at his word that he would always be around as long as the fans wanted him. We aren't the one's that have asked for all of this that he is doing now to keep him away from home. I just think he needs to stop and assess things and see it CAN BE BALANCED. I don't think I feel the same for him anymore and that makes me VERY SAD!!!!!<BR>Tricia<BR>TriciaN

kristen166
12-15-1999, 02:21 PM
I don't know, when his first daughter was born he was sounding close. I wasn't really big on him then so I don't know how he worded it back then but then he took time and found a way to balance. There will be time before he makes his big decision and retirement is just a word. So its not like he deemed himself to ahve to quit if he finds he can balance. I agree he don't have to do big tours just little ones here and there or in the summer. Where in the world did he find time to think about it this year, he has been so busy. I hope he finds a way. N

AbsoluteNJGarthNut
12-16-1999, 03:49 AM
Ok, I wasn't gonna comment on this, figuring everyone is going to have an opinion one way or another.<P>First Tricia...let me ask you one question...do you have children?? Now, personally, I don't have children but do want them someday. Not all of you are going to agree with this..but <B>MY OWN PERSONAL FEELINS ON THIS..</B> is when I have children of my own someday, I would love to be able to be a stay at home Mom. I personally don't want a "balance" between work and family. Of course I will do it if need be and will probably have to, but if I have the financial resources I wanna stay home. So I can totally understand where Garth is coming from. He doesn't "have" to work. And if his heart isn't in the music right now and he wants to be a "stay at Dad" then I respect that. No, I don't like it, I'm gonna miss him. But I respect it. And because this is what he wants to do, it doesn't change the way I feel about his music. His music is what touched me in the first place, then it was him as a person. His music will always be a part of our lives as long as we keep it there! <P>Of course that's just my opinion...I could be wrong.<P>KarinN

AbsoluteNJGarthNut
12-16-1999, 03:52 AM
Man...BRANDON...I WANT A EDIT FEATURE!!!! :) LOL<P><BR>it supposed to say "Stay at <I>HOME</I> dad"N

garthsgirl
12-16-1999, 01:29 PM
Thanks for reminding us of "The Dance." As i sit here crying, i think of the line "for a moment all the world was right"...God knows we have had Garth for more than a moment and he has not stopped since his star started to shine. Hopefully he will only cut back. If you are retiring Garth, and if by chance you read this, Thanks for all the memories. God Bless you and your family. Forever a Garth Fan. Lisa EicklerN

JLBGARTH
12-16-1999, 05:32 PM
As I sit here sadden about the retirement news, I can only say my heart goes out to you <BR>Garth and I am beside you all the way in whatever decision you make!! And like the posts reads "REMEMBER THE DANCE", I am proud to say I am glad I got to experience the Dance while it lasted!! You brought true meaning to the music world, you are a true person to look up too, someone who has done so much but still knows his roots!! I admire you!!! I just want to say that in another post in the last week where some posted that Garth was Selfish, How could he be?? Sometimes I think it is us the fans that are selfish!!! We want Garth out there touring or appearing on tv for we can get another glimpse of him but what about those three little girls to them he is just dear old dad not Garth Brooks the country singer!!! I think with the passing of his mom I think he realizes how much he loves his mom and dad and how important they were in his life and the role they had!!! I feel he wants to give the same to his children!!! Money can do alot of things and buy alot things but the most important are love and family!!! without those we have nothing!!! <P>Garth, if you do get online and read this I would like to say Thank you for the Dance and now I hope you get to have a better Dance with Sandy, your three beautiful girls and your dad and the rest of the family! I still<BR>think you are and will always be the best in country music and my heart and prayers are always with you and your family!! Now go and <BR>BE THE BEST DAD EVER!!!N

jgschuler
12-17-1999, 09:01 AM
Garth it was a great ride and always remember you did it you way and that is always something to hold your head up about. Thank you for the Dance. a fan forever JulieN

kristen166
12-17-1999, 04:09 PM
Well I do think there are plenty alternatives that he could do that would enable him to be a stay at home dad. Why does the music have to stop but my opinion is if he wanted that when he became a parent then he should have thought about it before he committed to a career in music. Others have found ways to balance there music with family they have just slowed down and they do not do so many other things too at one time. I can understand not touring and if he wants to stop that I would be the happiest in the world if he said "hey I will do music here and there". I would respect him a lot for that. I don't think he would fade away any neither. Like Capitol said in a article that is posted here they have stuff they can release that has not been heard so what is the diference if Garth just made a new album here and there then for Capitol releasing stuff without Garth, obvious if they do that Garth won't be touring because he will have been retired so what is the difference with Garth just doing a album every few years or so.? <P>N

kristen166
12-17-1999, 04:11 PM
Well I do think there are plenty alternatives that he could do that would enable him to be a stay at home dad. Why does the music have to stop but my opinion is if he wanted that when he became a parent then he should have thought about it before he committed to a career in music. Others have found ways to balance there music with family they have just slowed down and they do not do so many other things too at one time. I can understand not touring and if he wants to stop that I would be the happiest in the world if he said "hey I will do music here and there". I would respect him a lot for that. I don't think he would fade away any neither. Like Capitol said in a article that is posted here they have stuff they can release that has not been heard so what is the diference if Garth just made a new album here and there then for Capitol releasing stuff without Garth, obvious if they do that Garth won't be touring or making promotions for it because he will be retired so what is the difference with Garth just doing a album every few years or so and then go on a few talk shows to promote it? I am sure Capitol will be doing that too after a few years of Garth's retirement if he does. Just they it will be without Garth. :)<P>N

kristen166
12-17-1999, 04:13 PM
What in the world it posted when I wasn't through with it so now they are different but saying the same thing. :)N