PDA

View Full Version : to garth fans everywhere

nem78
12-15-1999, 07:17 PM
Dearest fans,<BR> When it comes to someone like that we have grown to love and adore over a period of time. Its hard to see someone like him step down. Although we dont neccesarily agree, we must always support. Today, Garth has done probably the hardest thing he has ever had to do...I call it "tough love" As much as he loves us, he loves us enough to walk away from what he has always called "one hell of a ride" We need to encourage him to do the best in life, especially with his three young daughters, for if he can teach them what he believes, and what he feels, then this world would be a better place...and isnt that what he has always tried to do? So, wish him well on his fatherly, and LIFE duties, Garth will always be in our hearts. "our lives, are better left to chance, I could of missed the pain. But id had to miss the dance." thats what he wanted to be remembered for...and thats how he is going out. GOOD LUCK GARTH..WE LOVE YOU!!!<P><BR> Nick Martin<P>email...nem78@aol.com<BR>N

honky
12-15-1999, 07:21 PM
I hear ya! <P>WELCOME TO PG :) by the way ;)<P>TommyN

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
12-15-1999, 07:30 PM
Ditto.....and WELCOME!<P>CCN

Pilgrim
12-15-1999, 08:57 PM
Welcome to PG :)<P>BrianN

BigGfan4life
12-16-1999, 12:33 AM
Welcome to Planet Garth :)N

Roadtrip
12-16-1999, 03:19 AM
I'm about to be totally honest here and I hope you understand where I'l coming from. I agree with Garth in retiring to be with his family. It's about time that Garth took time for himself and the family as he's given the fans a much bigger portion of himself over his career. I don't think that Garth owes me or any other fan worldwide more then he's already given. What I don't think is right is the process of how these things happened. At the end of 98 when Garth ended his longest world tout; he proceeded to shut down GBM, The Beleiver, and the busses and trucks that had traveled all over the US for three years where packed away and turned in. I somehow felt this coming a very long time ago when The Beleiver ended publication. When Garth retired in 93 and returned in 95 with the launch of Fresh Horses, The Beleiver didn't stop publication or take a break when Garth retired, but this time it has. We all stood back and said "oh he'll be back... he HAS to come back." Well... no he dosn't. He's written his name in the record books and won every award possiable, he's single handedly changed country music and now he wants to be a father. <P>God Bless & Merry Christmas,<BR>ShannonN

Pilgrim
12-16-1999, 03:25 AM
Well, Garth didn't tour the world on his last tour.<P>BrianN