PDA

View Full Version : GB's RETIREMENT........

hugeGBnutt
12-15-1999, 04:36 PM
ok, i know its hard not to think about it but Garth said <B>"possible"</B> retirement plus remember a couple years ago Garth was on the verge of giving it all up? ,he did not. plus we all think, but the thing with Garth is that he does indeed <B>THINK OUT LOUD</B> and i am sure he is having doubts with the sales of the Chris album plus he needs time to deal with the passing of Mrs. Brooks( :(), and he also needs time with his kids and Sandy.....<B>GARTH LOVES HIS MUSIC</B>.....i can't see him giving it up <B>ALL</B> up!.....i think Garth will continue ;) ....lets not let this get us down right before the time we all should be <I>HAPPY</I> ,which is <B>Christmas!</B><P>aRiN

riverdancer
02-22-2003, 11:48 AM
I don't think he should retire. I know his mom died but I think he still needs music. He can find time for Sandy later.

riverdancer
02-22-2003, 02:29 PM
What do you guys think?

beckysue59
02-22-2003, 03:04 PM
Garth and Sandy have been divorced for a couple of years now. He retired mainly to spend more time being a dad. I think he's really happy right now, but maybe in a few years he'll decide to come back.

Karyn Hughes
02-22-2003, 06:57 PM
Garth's retirement was for his kids and Sandy, and with his divorce, his children's needs are why he has stayed away. Garth loves his children, and he puts their wellbeing above everything else. If Garth comes back, it'll be because his children don't require him as a stay-at-home Daddy. His children's needs are above his personal stuff. I'm not claiming to know his stuff, but he has shown himself to be a Daddy first. I refuse to predict what he will do, because he is a free agent. He is an admired, talented entertainer. Retirement can be a break from a job, because one is unable to currently continue. That break can be permanent, or temporary. There is no way to determine that from the outside looking in. I vote we stop predicting and/or speculating. I understand that Garth's retirement is a consideration among us, but isn't it enough to discuss his previous work, his person (well?), and his future, without bringing his personal life into it? Since this seems to be a suggestive piece, let's avoid discussing any topic that invades.

If I were in Garth's shoes, hearing frequent whining, would slow, if not prevent, my return. We can miss him, and express that, but retirement is not always a choice. I'm not fussing, just expressing my view.

beckysue59
02-22-2003, 08:52 PM
Sorry. Are you a moderator?

Carol Ann
02-22-2003, 08:58 PM
Maybe I'm a little slow or out of line here but the comment "find time for Sandy" baffles the heck out of me. If Garth wanted to find time for Sandy or wanted to be married to Sandy he still would be. Am I living on another planet or what because the last time I looked at Garth he had a new woman in his life and he seemed very happy about it. Does the name Trisha Yearwood ring any bells? Being a Dad is very important to Garth BUT he is also an adult and he needs and wants an adult companion to talk to and spend time with and no matter how much you love your children you need grown up time as well. He happens to be IN LOVE with Trisha. Sandy is his past and Trisha is his present and his future. I think it's a little disrespectful to Garth to keep talking about Sandy like she is still the woman in his life and totally disregard or respect his decision to move on with Trisha. Ignoring the fact that he is now with Trisha will not make her go away. I am sorry if I have offended anyone here but I cannot sit back without expressing my feelings.

Carol Ann

Garthmedic
02-22-2003, 09:35 PM
Let us all keep in mind that this thread was begun in 1999. It is also starting out to be a "hot topic". Comments are always welcome. However, let's keep this topic focused and directed back to the original post, not each other.

Cooler heads shall prevail!

--spud--:)

Monica Lockhart
02-22-2003, 10:47 PM
I think it's very odd that someone would bring back a thread that was started in 1999!!!

I say we ignore the question and move on to another topic.. ;)

That's my two cents!

Monica

allisonv7
02-23-2003, 01:37 AM
This is a more recent retirement thread for those who are interested...

http://planetgarth.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117040

And it seems crazy to me that 1999 was 4 years ago, time flies when you're having fun!! :)

allison.

Garthmedic
02-23-2003, 02:00 AM
Or as Kermit the Frog would say, "Times fun when you're having flies"

*Smack* Owww! (Get back on topic, spud!)

--sillyspud--:)

Carol Ann
02-23-2003, 07:25 AM
I apologize for jumping the gun here. It never even occured to me to check the date because I didn't think something from '99 would be resurrected. It certainly explains the comments though. Again, my apologies but I tend to become a little opinionated when this topic comes up.

Carol Ann

Tipper
02-23-2003, 08:07 AM
The original post was 1999, however, all the responses are from yesterday and today.

I feel that speculating about when/if Garth will come out of retirement is like beating a dead horse.

Garth will do what he wants to do in his own time and for his own reasons. Outside of knowing that we will welcome him back with open arms, I don't think he will be polling us to see what we think.

Snow
02-23-2003, 10:47 PM
That's okay Carol Ann... some of us feel the same way... only the opposite. ;) I do my best to bite my tongue when people seem to only want to talk about Trisha and shove Sandy's contributions and continued friendship with Garth under the matt. Many of us appreciate Trisha but also respect Sandy. I'd love to hear more about how she's doing. But I digress.... :D Someone was playing games bringing up an old thread and there's no need for us to squabble over anything at all... much less retirement. :)

riverdancer
02-24-2003, 03:10 PM
Listen. I wasnt trying to play any games or anything like that. So I would appreciate it if you didnt accuse me of such. I have not been on here in quite some time and when I did log on, somehow the threads were in the wrong order. Only after I posted did I realize what was going on. I'm not a big Garth fan but I was really trying to get involved in yalls community. I am freshly divorced and just looking for some solace on this website. So much for that. :(

Garthmedic
02-24-2003, 04:20 PM
Riverdancer,

Please do not be offended by the strong emotional posts which followed yours. It's just that some of our membership have strong feelings about certain subjects.

I don't believe that the responses were directed at you. They were merely answering your question: "What do you guys think?"

We welcome you and your posts.

--spud--:)

Snow
02-24-2003, 08:46 PM
Sorry about that Riverdancer. That is really weird that such an old thread would pop up for you... still with computers anything weird is possible. Forgive me for making the "games" comment.