PDA

View Full Version : Is the "ride" really over?

Garthstallyfan
12-16-1999, 03:00 PM
Hello fellow Garth fans. This is the first time I have ever post on PG, so bear with me. :o)<P>I was shocked at Garth's announcement that he was retiring. Well maybe shocked is too strong of a word? Disappointed is maybe a better word. I completely understand his feelings and need to be with his family especially after the loss of his mother, whom he loved very much and was a great inspiration to him. He needs time to grieve that loss completely.<P>I also think that the "Chris Gaines" project has been a disappointment to him. I am a HUGE country music fan and I like everything from the "traditional" music of Vince Gill, George Strait, etc. to the more modern music of Garth and others. However, I disagree with everyone's need to categorize a particular artist as just country. I loved the "Chris Gaines" album and yes, I ran right out and bought a copy of it. However, I like many people have just not gotten into the Gaines character. I found it confusing and felt that if Garth had just made an album of music that was not country he might have been better off but who am I to say right?<P>Before I get too carried away I will close by saying that I do not believe that Garth's "retirement" will last very long at all. I believe his creativity and his need to "be in his zone" meaning performing live on stage in concert will outweigh any desire he has to be "with his family". That is not to say that he loves them any less it is said to point out that he is a very very complex person. I had the thought today that I wish I were a writer because I would love to write his biography. Can you imagine what a challenge that would be? Picking his brain to find out what makes him tick? That would be so awesome I think.<P>Finally, do I believe "the ride" is over? No, I do not. Garth make take a "break" but he will be back and hopefully with his chance to grieve for his mother and get back in touch with himself creatively, he will come back bigger and better than ever. I love you Garth, good luck man and thanks for the first part of the ride man, it has been totally awesome!N

hugeGBnutt
12-16-1999, 03:37 PM
i don't think it will happen! :).....give him time! ;)<P>aRiN

honky
12-16-1999, 05:48 PM
<B>TIME</B> will test Garth!!! Hahahahaa.. :D<P>Yeah.. let's just wait for Garth to come back. Who knows how long he would stay away from the stage, maybe 2 years, 5 years? But I bet he won't miss more than 5 years. That's too long for him! ;)<P>TommyN

~CanGarth#1Fan~
12-17-1999, 07:14 AM
He just needs some time to breath.Alot has happen...The is not over.....He's just Gasing up for the next one :)N

kristen166
12-17-1999, 04:28 PM
I don't think he will totally quit. I think he will be back, much slower though probally I would think. If he does quit and makes no comeback after 10 years then I would say he has indeed done it and has quit because I would think his desire to do it would be gone then :( I really hope he don't quit I can understand him being home more for family and just doing stuff here and there but to never have an album by him again would be so sad. :(N