PDA

View Full Version : WHAT ARE 'HOLOGRAPHIC' EDITION CDs?

elvisfanforever
03-29-2000, 04:24 PM
Hi everyone;<BR>I have a question...does anyone know what is <BR>meant by 'holographic edition' CDs?<BR>What exactly is a holographic?<BR>I have seen Garth's "Life Of Chris Gaines" CD<BR>mentioned as a 'holographic edition'.<BR>Are any of his other CDs 'holographic' editions? <BR>What are their significance?<BR>I'd appreciate any knowledge anyone has on this subject.<BR>Thanks,<BR>Lester.<BR> :( ;(<BR>N

jaredev
03-29-2000, 04:28 PM
There haven't been any other albums (other than Chris Gaines) released with a "holographic" cover to my knowledge.N

elvisfanforever
03-29-2000, 04:33 PM
That's what i thought was correct.<BR>But it still doesn't tell me what a holograph is, or a holographic edition CD is,or their <BR>significance.<BR>Thanks for your reply,<BR>Lester<BR> :(<BR> :)N

GarthFanCanada1
03-29-2000, 04:37 PM
Lester,<P>The Holographic cover of Chris Gaines doesn't change like a hologram, it just reflects the light a little differently.... I bought one thinking it'd go from Garth to Chris..... but it didn't.. Oh well... It still looks cool<P>BarkleyN

Chris Gaines
03-29-2000, 04:57 PM
Barkley,<P>BUT INSIDE that Hologram CD Cover.. <P>Is a very very kewl "Real" Homographic CD.<P>If you open yours up you'll see!<BR>It's not the same as the "Regular edition.. of "Chris Gaines" <P>JasonN

Chris Gaines
03-29-2000, 04:59 PM
oops I meant to spell it "Holographic" ROFLN

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
03-29-2000, 05:24 PM
LOL Jason!! <P>I think we need spell check on the forums! <P>MoniN

GarthFanCanada1
03-30-2000, 02:32 AM
Jason.....<P>I had to look at that twice to figure out what you meant.... LOL<P>OOPs I was gonna mention the CD but it slipped my mind.... hehehe..<P>BarkleyN

Garth2Gaines
03-30-2000, 04:53 AM
Ok, there are...<BR>5oo,ooo CG holograph cd (which say it on the side)<BR>5oo,ooo Lost in You singles<BR>777,777 First Edition Gold Seal SEVENS cds<BR>2 Million Limited Series Box Sets<BR>10 The Hits Limited Time Only...<P>Thats just in the US, then there are limited edition singles overseas, too :)<P>dwayneN

redstrokes77
03-30-2000, 05:01 AM
The Homo...er I mean HOLOgraphic CD has "limited holographic first edition" on the left edge of the front cover (when turned side ways). The "regular" ones say "The pre-soundtrack to the movie <I> THE LAMB </I>. <P>On the front of the holographic it reads "Chris Gaines Greatest Hits"<BR>On the "regular" it's called "garth brooks in... the life of chris gaines."<P>I think there were something like 500-600 thousand of the holographic ones produced.<P>Hope this helps!<P>deb<P>Sorry Jason! ;)N

loreli
03-30-2000, 05:06 AM
ROFLOL!! :)<P>Lori<P>N

ThankGod4Garth
03-30-2000, 08:25 AM
OK guys,<P>Do I just have a wierd copy then? My CG holo-CD has "Garth Brooks .... in the life of Chris Gains on the front not "Chris Gaines Greatest Hits" Just wondering ;) N

loreli
03-30-2000, 08:44 AM
TG4G,<P>Your holo copy should have both. If you flip the cover over it should be Chris Gaines Greatest Hits. :)<P>LoriN

Pilgrim
03-30-2000, 11:09 AM
Cool :D<P>BrianN

Garth2Gaines
03-30-2000, 06:54 PM
Five of the seven hologram cds I have Garth Brooks...in the life of Chris Gaines facing out :) The other two are opened, and get played in my house and car :)<P>dwayne<BR>Did you know there are 2 kinds of "The Hits" in the US? One is under Liberty Records and the other with Capitol Records. The Liberty ones are the first pressings :)N

ThankGod4Garth
03-31-2000, 05:36 AM
Loreli,<P>Oh, I see :D It does have "Greatest Hits" on the inside. The non-holo don't have both? Interesting ;)N

garthfandr
04-02-2000, 10:10 AM
Dwayne....This one is different now<P>&gt;&gt;5oo,ooo Lost in You singles&lt;&lt;<P>Billboard end of the year charts list its sales at over 900,000 copies sold of this single. I know originally they said limited to a certain figure but I think it sold so many that they pressed more....FYI<BR>N

Garth2Gaines
04-02-2000, 02:21 PM
Thanks, I haven't heard that yet, but that is great news :) :) :)<P>dwayneN

honky
04-02-2000, 06:59 PM
DR,<P>WOW!!!!! I didn't know this!! It's VERY COOL to know that the single sold that many :) :) :)<P><BR>TommyN

fuzzwuzz55
04-05-2000, 07:18 AM
Elvisfan, I looked up some definitions of 'hologram' in the dictionary out of curiosity when my young son told me they were supposed to be a big part of the New Millennium. I was surprised to see that they have everything to do with the 3rd dimension(Garth has mentioned the 3rd dimension alot, concerning videos),being complete in and of itself, bearing the author's authentic signature. I also noticed the Chris Gaines Limited Edition has the 4 corners of the world on it, each enclosed by his initials: CG, and they seem to be connected in a sguare when you look closely. Now, what do these things say about Chris Gaines? When we think of the 3rd dimension, it seems hard to grasp the concept, just like it is to understand the Trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit being One, not 3. When it comes to Chris Gaines, Garth has said "You gotta believe". It's really that simple.N

Pilgrim
04-06-2000, 02:23 AM
FuzzWuzz55<P>That is a really cool explanation :)<P>I have never thought about that :o<P>BrianN

fuzzwuzz55
04-12-2000, 06:38 AM
Pilgrim, I never thought about it either until my 9 yr. old son told me Holograms are very important in the new Millennium. Which prompted me to explore my dictionary. I found some heavy stuff there, didn't I? Maybe we should learn to listen to the kids too, just like in that 'Cowboy Bill' song of Garth's. We might learn something!N

Pilgrim
04-12-2000, 01:02 PM
Yeah, you are right about that :)<P>But I do think we listen to the kids here in DK ;)<P>BrianN