PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you agree with this survery?

Alawishes
03-29-2000, 02:43 PM
Here is a survey about which singers will make it big on the big screen, Garth has only a 6% vote that says he will be in a movie. Now I think 6% is very low for Garth since he has his own movie production company, Redstrokes Entertainment and also he probally will play Chris Gaines in a movie, which if he does means he will be on the big screen some plus he has read for some movies and just hasn't got the part for one reason or another so how can they say 6% he will go to th big screen??? I would atleast say he has a 35 to 50% on being in movies.<P>What do you all think???N

Alawishes
03-29-2000, 02:46 PM
Whoops I forgot to gove yall the survery. Sorry. Here it is.<P><BR>DALLAS--(ENTERTAINMENT WIRE)--March 29, 2000-- <P>According to survey, Christina Aguilera has what fans want <P>Many of today's stars aren't satisfied with making it big in the music biz, they want to be in pictures too. So blockbuster.com decided to find out which of this year's Blockbuster Entertainment Award music nominees might be up for an acting award in the future. <P>Music and movie fans visiting the Blockbuster Entertainment Awards web page at blockbuster.com were asked which of today's popular music names will make the crossover to the big screen. According to the survey, it seems that the young newcomers have the advantage. Here are the top five vote getters: <P>1. Christina Aguilera (31 percent) <P>2. Britney Spears (27 percent) <P>3. Ricky Martin (25 percent) <P>4. Shania Twain (9 percent) <P>5. Garth Brooks (6 percent) <P>Each week through April 10, web surfers who visit blockbuster.com and click on the Blockbuster Entertainment Awards site can cast their vote on various questions relating to movies and music in the "Opinion Poll." The results of the polls will be posted April 11. The Blockbuster Entertainment Awards will air on FOX June 20. <P>Blockbuster Inc. (NYSE:BBI) is a publicly traded subsidiary of Viacom Inc. and is the world's leading renter of videos, DVDs and video games with approximately 7,100 stores in the United States, its territories and 26 other countries. The company may be accessed internationally at blockbuster.com. Viacom Inc. is one of the world's largest entertainment companies and a leading force in nearly every segment of the international media marketplace. <P>CONTACT: <P>Blockbuster Inc., Dallas <P>Liz Greene, 214/854-3190 <P>KEYWORD: TEXAS <P>BW0288 MAR 29,2000 <P>8:13 PACIFIC <P>11:13 EASTERN <BR>N

Fresh_Horses
03-29-2000, 03:05 PM
People only want those other people in a movie because of their pretty faces. It isnt like they have any real talent anyways. Well maybe Ricky Martin can act but Brittany Spears? No way. Id like to run her over with a cement truck.<BR>N

Pilgrim
03-29-2000, 07:08 PM
Well Fresh_Horses :)<P>Let me borrow your cement truck after your done so that I can run over Christina Aguilera :)<P>She can't even sing, so how do the even suggest she can act??????????<P>But I have to admit that I think Britney Spears can make it big if she want :o<P>And so can Garth<P>Brian :)N

BigGfan4life
03-30-2000, 12:34 AM
Ok, my turn to borrow the cement truck, because Ricky Martin has GOT TO GO!!! :o :o <BR>I just really really don't like him...or Britney Spears, for that matter. Like someone else said, they are all getting votes based on their pretty faces. Garth is really the only one on that list who stands out because of his pure talent :) :oN

pldrw
03-30-2000, 03:19 AM
Let's run them all over i can't stand them ethier!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)N

honky
03-30-2000, 04:18 AM
Guys... I can see flat Britney, Christina, and Ricky :o They are so thin now :o<P><BR>Well.. honestly, the poll is just based on HOT FACES... not significant.<P><BR>TommyN

Pilgrim
03-30-2000, 04:37 AM
WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!! <B>pldrw</B><P>Garth is one of them ;) ;) ;)<P>Remove your foot from the pedal ;)<P>Brian :)N

nelty
03-30-2000, 04:54 AM
Hey guys,<P>I don't think that the cement truck is big enough. I think I perfer the bull doser.. LOL:-) But I don't know if I want to waste dirty it. :o<P>I don't like all of them except GARTH.. :) I will give Ricky another year or so. Britney, she is already a goner. Christina, another year and Shania is very likly because of her record company but everything about her is dying down. <P>GARTH, still as it. ST proves that he's still the one. :)<P>NellyN

gbfan7
03-30-2000, 10:39 AM
Those who voted obviously didn't see Garth on Saturday Night Live. The man can act, he can sing...he can do anything he wants in my humble opinion!N

loreli
03-30-2000, 10:56 AM
I bet the average age of voters for that survey was 12.<P>Most youngsters like popular music. Shania didn't do well either. <P>LoriN

redstrokes77
03-30-2000, 11:41 AM
I'm surprised that anyone who did the survey even KNOWS who Garth is!<P>debN

Crackers
03-30-2000, 11:43 AM
gbfan7.......<P>He can act, he can sing, he can whistle, he can yodel, he can play the saxophone (for one song), he can break an egg with one hand, he can play baseball, he can drive a tractor...........what more could we possibly want from one man!!! Is there anything he can't do???N

gb-a-holic
03-30-2000, 03:38 PM
I agree with the Garth part of you all's replys: Garth can definantly act...the first clue should have been the "thunder rolls" video. When i first saw it, I swear i didn't know it was garth! :) <BR>But guys, give Ricky his due: he's been around singing and acting (General Hospital, i think) since B4 Britany and christina were born. However, I would DEFINANTLY want to see Garth's baby blues on the TV/movie screen over Ricky NEday!!!!!!!!! ;)<P>DafN

LittleRhody
03-30-2000, 04:26 PM
I agree with Lori, I bet the average age of the voter's was 12-15. <P>Given the right part, Garth would be a great actor. I think his commercials are fun and fresh. He has a good sense of humor and would do well with comedy.<P><BR>DianaN