PDA

View Full Version : Gbs relationship with some media

apple31
03-29-2000, 10:11 AM
<BR>after the Oscars I was so happy,i thought Garth will finally get some good press,boy was i wrong!One more thing for country raido to pound him!Normally, I would ignore such gossip about Garth crying because of Faith,I mean crying??? But He was so sweet to us at s.t!I feel really bad for him and Us because it gives him more crap and reason to quit.If some slim chance it is true then I would be very concerned.SusanN

Hawk7lte
03-29-2000, 10:29 AM
It has been my experience that people who live long enough sooner or later burst out crying in a public place when they would have preferred not to. Usually it is because some situation that a caring person identifies with in someway has tapped into something of personal significance within them.<P>Traditionally people avert their eyes and support is provided by those close. That is all that is needed. Some of the media's continued focus on anything that might create sensationlism and thereby generate an audience for them is predictable.<P>If tears fell there was probably a good reason(s) - no explanation necessary. Hope everyone is feeling better by now.<P>HawkN

apple31
03-29-2000, 10:36 AM
Thanks,Hawk!You said that very well.SusanN

Crackers
03-29-2000, 10:49 AM
I have only read the small article on country.com and I thought it said something like Garth teared up. Tearing up is NOT the same thing as crying........so I don't exactly know where the "crying" thing came from. If it was only from Howard Stearn......well.........I don't pay ANY attention to him. When I read the article on country.com, I didn't think they were saying anything that I interpretted as Garth being upset because Faith was singing....only about Whitney. We don't know what kind of a scene was going on. Maybe it was very emotional. N

apple31
03-29-2000, 10:55 AM
The New York Post and kson said crying!N

Lowell Miller
03-29-2000, 11:58 AM
I don't know much about this. But if it was in the Post nobody will pay much attention to it. The post has little respect here in New York. It is one step away from a trash mag. At one time it was a respectable paper, but no more.N

Fresh_Horses
03-29-2000, 12:03 PM
If he would retire just because of media that is really pathetic. Screw the media, I'm sure Garth dosn't really care anyways. N

honky
03-30-2000, 04:21 AM
The news is just another trash ;)<P>TommyN

BlueRose
03-30-2000, 02:14 PM
As we spoke last night Sue, I wouldn't worry about such garbage driving Garth into retirement. I think he learned a long time ago to not let it affect him. If he did indeed cry, it certainly was not like it was presented!<P>Cheryl<BR>N

honky
04-01-2000, 11:05 PM
From what I have heard on the Digest, it seems to me that there were quite a bit of djs bashing Garth over about the Faith's case :( Geez... I can't believe the djs believed in that stupid trash!! I am most mad at those who kissed Garth's ass when he was at their town!! And now since Garth is not doing anything, they are talking whatever they want without getting the FACTS right!<P><BR>Sorry.. just need to vent all this!<P><BR>I guess this is the main reason I don't like to listen to country stations now :( <P><BR>TommyN

marla with a b
04-02-2000, 03:38 PM
I know this is a slight change of the subject but I called our local radio station yesterday and asked them why they weren't playing DWYGD......his comment was "what cd is that from" -- CHRIS GAINES??? Of course, I set him straight.....<P>He actually acted like he didn't even know that Garth had released another song -- MADE ME MAD!!!! But he looked it up on the Billboard countdown and said that it was too LOW on the charts to be played -- I told him that it had at least hit #13 and it was no wonder it was dropping -- IT WASN'T GETTING AIRTIME --- his comment was that Garth had made country radio mad --- I said HOW???? They are still going on about Chris Gaines --- I told him it was just a character!!!! He "said" he got it but he had to play what they told him --- UNFAIR!!!<P>But at least now I know why DWYGD got absolutely no airtime in Atlanta --<P>I'm so tired of them bashing Garth....<P>m-w/abN

honky
04-02-2000, 04:26 PM
<B>marla</B>,<P>OH MY GOD!! Your's is the worse bashing I have ever heard!! :( :( What a jerk!!<P>I can't believe that country djs are mad at Garth for not releasing Chris Gaines' single to country stations :( Why? Isn't Chris Gaines NOT country? :( <P><BR>Geez... they are putting down on someone who is true to country :(<P><BR>TommyN

honky
04-02-2000, 04:37 PM
Marla,<P>Could you give me your station's email address? I want to write to them!!<P><BR>garthwhitaker@hotmail.com<P><BR>TommyN