PDA

View Full Version : MODERATORS: PLEASE READ

splitzer
03-28-2000, 11:53 PM
&lt;&lt;Danielle crawls out of her deep hole, brushes the dirt off her jeans, and clears her throat&gt;&gt;<P>Something must be seriously wrong with my mind or something...<P>In a moment I will explain why I posted about the PG Convention in so many forums, but first let me say that I searched endlessly for quotes from previous posts to back up what I THOUGHT I knew, but they have disappeared. Either I'm crazy, blind, or they're gone, because I remember reading them.<P>I would never deliberately go against the guidelines. I know you all deleted my posts because they were in the wrong forum and because I posted it in many forums at once. However, about a week ago, someone asked Monica to elaborate on the guidelines and she said that "posting across multiple forums" was when you copy and paste the same message into multiple forums. I did not do this. She also said (to my memory... am I nuts?) that it was acceptable to use a brief message in the "wrong" forum to direct people to a thread in another forum. This is what I did.<P>I thought I was within the guidelines. I made sure to follow the guidelines, as I understood them.<P>The idea is that many people have a favorite forum and they go straight there and don't bother with the other ones. The PG Convention is for ALL PGers and needs the support of anyone and everyone interested in attending. I don't want anyone left out just because they didn't visit the right forum.<P>And, is it just me, or did Karin's thread get moved from the Open Forum to the Main Forum?<P>I meant no harm. :(<P>I'll slink away now. I really didn't mean to break the guidelines. I'm not a trouble-maker, I swear.<P>BTW - I didn't know what forum to post this in, so I hope I'm not just getting myself in bigger trouble. :( It's important to me that you all see it, so Main seemed the way to go.<P>&lt;turns slowly around and walks away, head down&gt;<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

Pilgrim
03-29-2000, 12:32 AM
I remember the same as you :)<P>And I think it was azyankee who posted them in the open forum :)<P>But I am not sure about that :o<P>BrianN

AbsoluteNJGarthNut
03-29-2000, 03:37 AM
&lt;&lt;&lt;Walks over to Danielle, places arm over her shoulders and tells her to cheer up!&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<P>Hi Danielle,<P>Sorry you got "in trouble" for posting about my idea for the convention in other forums. I thought it was a nice thing you did to try to gather up more interest. But I did orginally post it in the Main Forum. Figured it was Garth related so that's where I put it.<P>**NOTE TO MODERATORS***<P>Please forgive Danielle...she was only trying to help out getting more people interested in the PG Convention idea. She was the first one who posted interest in the idea and she a wonderful motivator. I know Danielle and she is NOT a trouble maker at all and would NEVER break the rules intentially. Can we clear her record??<P>Thanks<P>KarinN

Pilgrim
03-29-2000, 10:44 AM
Karin said it! :D<P>BrianN

Chris Gaines
03-29-2000, 11:19 AM
Danielle,<P>It's ok really :)<P>I dont' think it was the "posting on many forums" that got it deleted from that forum.<BR>But more like, because it was "Off Topic" in that forum :)<P>More people post in the Main and Open forums then anything else.. and the posts are still there.. so have no worries :)<P>I can't speak for all the Moderators but.. It's ok. Danielle.. completely forgotten by me :)<P>JasonN

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
03-29-2000, 03:27 PM
Danielle, <P>I deleted the threads in the other forums. And Jason answered correctly when he stated they were "off topic" to the forum they were in. <P>I certainly don't want you to hang your head! :) It's no big deal, don't worry about it. <P>Monica<P>N

splitzer
03-29-2000, 07:28 PM
<B>Monica</B><P>Are we allowed to say, "Hey guys, check out this thread in this other forum"? I thought you said we could refer people to other forums. If so... well.. right. If not.. why not? I know it's off topic by definition, but I figure if we're not actually having the discussion, just saying, "go check out the discussion over there" it shouldn't be a problem.<P>I'm not trying to be a pest, just... being an active member of the PG community, I guess. :)<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

LVGB4EVER
03-31-2000, 04:20 PM
I don't see anything wrong with getting attention from PGer's by posting it in another Froum in order for them to go see something in another one ...(If that makes any sense ;) ) <P>Monica could probably answer this better..let's see what she has to say :)<P>Take Care<BR>Sue ;)N