PDA

View Full Version : CMT

Fresh_Horses
03-27-2000, 01:10 PM
I was watching CMT and I saw a commercial about people that went into debt. I don't think Garth will ever have that problem.N

Sarah in oz
03-27-2000, 03:50 PM
arhh well, just for our info of cause, being an accountant with a record label, its realy easy for it to happen to artists. They have very high expenses and depending on the contract, sometimes less coming in then going out. <P>But I'm sure at his leave he has it all worked out.<BR>N

Alawishes
03-27-2000, 04:10 PM
Well I guess it all depends on how Garth spends his money and how much he buys. Just because Garth is pondering retirement don't mean he has things worked out, I am sure he is rich and all but things can always happen that can drain your bank account, illness, law suits, and many other things. I am sure Garth is going to bring in money if he retires since he has his own production company I suppose when he retires from music he will be working hard in that getting movies off and he gets a percentage of that. But money can come and go even if you handle it well and smartly. It can be gone in a blink of an eye. I read about 2 years ago and I am not sure how true this is but I read Garth is estimated at around 200 million dollars, I would like to hope Garth is smart enough to hold on to most of that but then again you never know what will happen in the future. If Garth toils in movies he may put some of his own pocket money into a few, it is known that directors and movie makers pay for certain things they really want in them. Also, hospital bills, if something bad ever happen to Garth down the road, maybe to the extent of him having to be on machines for a while, you are looking easily into the 500,000 to million dollar range. Also Garth has Sandy, 3 daughters, you never know what is down the future. I am sure he has insurance though but insurance does not pay everything. Plus he has family members, if one of them came into trouble I am sure Garth would go to their rescue. I would not say that will never happen to Garth and that he will never have money problems just because we all are his fans and of course some of you make him out to be the best thing and like to think he is perfect but many famous celebrities have came into money troubles and bank ruptcy and a lot of them have been because of set backs do to health or troubles not just that they spend spend spend.N

Pilgrim
03-27-2000, 08:50 PM
I agree with FH :)<P>Thanks to US, the fans he will never end up broke :)<P>He owe us ALOT!<P>BrianN

GRTH FAN
04-06-2000, 12:01 PM
Brian, Good choice of words!! I was sooooo glad to help the MAN become a rich man!! His FANS are THE BEST!!<BR>Donna :)N

LarsDenmark
04-06-2000, 12:31 PM
Garth owes us alot, but we also owe him alot!!! Don't we never forget that.<P>What will Garth be without all his fans? But, much more important, what will WE be without Garth? Is there life after Garth?<P>Remember that he'll never be able to make good music without the support from his fans!!!<P>LarsN

Pilgrim
04-06-2000, 01:05 PM
LOL Lars :)<P>Hmm is there life after Garth???<P>I don't know :o I certainly hope so because he is 10 years older than me ;) ;)<P>I expect to live atleast 10 years after him ;)<P>BrianN

Hawk7lte
04-06-2000, 01:20 PM
Garth, it seems, lays a lot on the line at times; and it sure isn't on a safe bet -<P>The best example that comes to mind is the "free" concert in New York. It was backed by his own money if I remember reading correctly. It sounded as though it was "free" for everyone but him. (Guess it was television that paid off on that bet).<P>But another example is playing baseball - all of his "earnings" from that is donated to the charity. So that's five to six weeks of no "income" atall for him and his family -though big bucks for charity.<P>Advertising is another - have to put the product in front of everyone but what if they don't buy it the advertiser still pays.<P>High finances though boggle my mind; and they certainly seem to dampen others' spirits at times. But hey; "broke" or "rich" doesn't seem to be the bottom line for what's important in life.<P>Boy howdy would I get tired of being a star -I worry enough about Uncle Sam each year....<P>HawkN

gbfan7
04-06-2000, 04:11 PM
His brother is his accountant and I read that when he took a couple of years off, he already had his band's retirement taken care of. He could live off of interest alone & never go broke. Also, with his kind of $$$, the millions that he donates is a tax write off. My husband sold a car to the drummer of 38 Special(after the band had broken up)& his residual income (off old albums, etc.) was $30,000 per MONTH. Garth will be just fine!!!N

jaredev
04-06-2000, 06:05 PM
I think Garth's great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandchildren are covered!!!!!N

LittleRhody
04-06-2000, 06:14 PM
<BR>I also have read that Garth's brother is an accountant and was a banker until Garth persuaded him to work for him. I'm sure all of Garth's assests are nicely covered.<P><BR>DianaN

AmazedByChris
04-06-2000, 06:59 PM
Gee, I guess if Garth 'owes' us, then so does Bill Gates and Oprah and, well, the president and every staff member of every company whose products we buy - from Ben & Jerry's to McDonald's - because that's how people get rich. Does Tom Cruise 'owe' his fans, or does the president of every studio who makes a multimillion dollar movie also 'owe' us? Gosh, if you think of it, anybody who makes money 'owes' someone who buys the stuff they make money from - so I guess I 'owe' people who gas up their cars since I work for a company involved in fuels and that's how my salary's paid. <P>Of course, nobody forces anybody to buy these things, be they ice cream cones, gas, or records...N

honky
04-06-2000, 07:11 PM
jardev,<P>LOL... I would think so too :o Garth has lots of money, and he is also giving out some to help others :)<P><BR>TommyN

Pilgrim
04-06-2000, 10:12 PM
*ROFLMAO*<BR>That had me laughing really hard Amazed :D :D<P>It was too funny you should mention Bill Gates.<P>That was the same person who was mentioned to me in an e-mail a couple of days ago :)<P>Brian ;)N