PDA

View Full Version : did anyone hear hazel on radio ?

garthine
03-27-2000, 12:46 PM
I dont know if i misunderstood this or not hazel mention garth at oscars said that Bj thomas said sat nite at opry to her he had hoped the academy would of called on him to sing rain drops failing on my head then he found out garth gonna do it so shot that i think garth should of done it was he saying differt kinda got me thinking what you think of that statement let me know brian your honest with your view tell me linda N

Sarah in oz
03-27-2000, 03:54 PM
sorry but I dont understand the question. You lost me on that end part.<P>smiles<P>sarah<BR>N

garthine
03-27-2000, 04:09 PM
i quess i didnt know how to ask this what im saying was Bj thomas saying something agaist garth or academy what i thought he was saying was he should of been ask insted of garth which i disagree i think garth did a wonderful job so just wondering if anybody else heard this report and what they think of bj remark N

Sarah in oz
03-27-2000, 04:13 PM
no, haven't heard a thing, but to be honest I dont know how BJ thomas is. <BR>Not to offend but can you put some full stops in, and then I could read it a bit better....smiles<P> :)<BR>thanks<BR>sarah<BR>N

Chris Gaines
03-27-2000, 04:37 PM
Well B.J.Thomas has reason to be offended (But not offended by Garth by ANY MEANS)<P>B.J. Thomas recorded this song a long long time ago. (In case some of you don't know) :)<P>That's like having Alabama singing Friends In Low Places on an award show. ;)<P>JasonN

garthine
03-27-2000, 04:51 PM
Sarah <BR>im sorry for the confussion im new at this computter and im not great at typing .i will try do better .i love the posts love doing this but should of waited till i learn more hope i havent caused lots of confussion thanks Linda N

honky
03-27-2000, 05:02 PM
Well... I don't mind Garth singing...<P>I didn't know who is BJ Thompson.. <P><BR>TommyN

Pilgrim
03-27-2000, 09:02 PM
Tommy<P>B.J. THOMAS!<P>Garth did good at all three songs especially since I LOVE "Everybody's Talkin'" and Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" :D :D<P>BUT, Having said that I think it would have been fair if BJ got to sing the song :)<BR>Also Harry Nilsson (I don't know if he is dead or not :o) with his song.<P>They should also have let BONO sing "I've Got You Under My Skin" because Ray Charles SIMPLY CAN'T SING!!! He is AWFUL :( :( :(<P>But Garth can sing everything so I didn't mind him singing the songs eventhough it was unfair to B.J. Thomas.<P>Jason, It would be like having James Hetfield singing The Dance to an awardshow ;)<P>BrianN

splitzer
03-27-2000, 10:44 PM
This was a tribute to these songs. A tribute is someone else loving your stuff enough to sing it back to you. Having the original artist sing the song would have defeated the purpose. Anyone see what I'm saying?<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

Pilgrim
03-27-2000, 10:50 PM
I see what you are saying :)<P>But it was a tribute the composer and not the artist :)<BR>That's why I think the ones who made them hits should sing them again :)<P>I am sure it would have made a MUCH better impact :) Or atleast when the original artist couldn't show up, someone who can sing :)<P>BrianN

Sarah in oz
03-28-2000, 02:44 AM
yes I'm sure the original artist would of loved to have sung the song. But as entertainment ( ie , getting people to tune in) Garth was a great option dont you think. I't brought a whole lot of people from a demographic that may not have watched. We're as I lot of people may of recognised BJ Thomas's voice ( love that song), perhaps not the name as they do Garths.<P>Gets bums on seats.<P>Sarah<BR>N

garthine
03-28-2000, 03:17 AM
this is what my radio station reported this morning <BR>that Bj thomas was upset with the academy for not asking him to perform raindrops since hes the original artist and phil collins performed his original song N

angelamccann
03-28-2000, 04:08 AM
Since you mentioned it, Brian, just to let you know, Harry Nillson died a few years ago - I think it was something to do with his heart. The song 'Without You' was one of my favourites, though I read that it's considered to be cursed since both its writers committed suicide, Harry Nillson died - and Mariah Carey sang it, then her marriage broke up. Probably all coincidence but spooky all the same.<P>Angela xN

Pilgrim
03-28-2000, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the info Angela :)<P>I knew about "Without You" :)<P>That's the <B>ONE AND ONLY</B> song Mariah <B>EVER</B> has made that has been worth listening to in more than 5 minutes :)<P>It's just soooo cool :) But it is spooky with the story you told :o :o<P>BrianN