PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Garth and Sandy...............

Crackers
03-26-2000, 02:16 PM
Just saw Garth and Sandy! Garth was interviewed on the red carpet thing on WB. Garth looked totally handsome!!! He's really suntanned and YUMMY!!! I couldn't see Sandy very well. She was kind of standing back behind someone, but I think she had on something black.......not sure, though. Garth has on a new tux.......at least new to me. Did anyone else see him? My heart's just racing!!!N

Crackers
03-26-2000, 02:25 PM
.............his tie is very interesting! Oh, my!! He looks GOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!N

G-f
03-26-2000, 02:34 PM
Was that the preview show before the Oscars??? I'm taping it.... I don't think I can stand to watch all that mess....lol No awards show should be 3 and 1/2 hours long.<BR>TriciaN

honky
03-26-2000, 02:43 PM
Oh very cool! Keep us updated!!<P>TommyN

Crackers
03-26-2000, 02:56 PM
There were at least three stations carrying the pre-show. This was on the WB channel. I was just channel-surfing when I saw it.N

Teach
03-26-2000, 03:18 PM
I saw him give an interview with some girl on the Chicago station. He sure looked great. Cannot wait to hear him perform. Luckily I got that short interview on tape. :)N

BigGfan4life
03-26-2000, 03:41 PM
I watched the pre-show on ABC. They didn't talk to Garth, so I haven't seen him yet. I'm anxiously waiting for him to perform :D Thanks for the update.N

gbfan7
03-26-2000, 04:02 PM
Check out <A HREF="http://www.oscar.com" TARGET=_blank>www.oscar.com</A> <BR>There is a picture of Garth (they cut Sandy off) right on the front page!!! Sandy is wearing black but you can't see much of her.N

gbfan7
03-26-2000, 04:03 PM
I'm sorry, you have to go into the exclusive photos & fashion commentary section!N

Crackers
03-26-2000, 04:21 PM
So, even though this is for movies, they still put Garth's picture up.......cool!N

Crackers
03-26-2000, 04:25 PM
........and, trust me, he looks even better than he looks in the picture. (I'll quit posting now.)N

Pilgrim
03-26-2000, 07:49 PM
Cool, but I prefer Faith :)<P>BrianN

Crackers
03-26-2000, 08:05 PM
Brian........Faith looked beautiful. They said that she was filling in for Whitney Houston who had cancelled. (I think Whitney has a serious problem.) Faith had on a slinky, sparkley silver dress when she arrived, but she had on a red dress when she sang. She did great!N

honky
03-26-2000, 08:30 PM
I was wondering who was the second singer after Garth. <P><BR>TommyN

honky
03-26-2000, 08:30 PM
LOL.. by the way, I think Faith's record label is pushing Faith hard!! She is everywhere now!! :o<P><BR>TommyN

honky
03-26-2000, 08:32 PM
Here is the link to the pic<P> <A HREF="http://www.oscar.com/redcarpet/red_index.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.oscar.com/redcarpet/red_index.html</A> <P>TommyN

nelty
03-27-2000, 01:04 AM
Garth was GREAT...<P>He sang all of my fave song. The only one I didn't know is the first one. It was rude to crop half of Sandy though... I can't find him or her anywhere :( Got a headache from looking where they are sitting.<P>NellyN

Pilgrim
03-27-2000, 01:50 AM
Tommy :)<P>Do you have anything against Faith? ;)<BR>She is sooooooooooooo cool :) :D :D<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Burt Bacharach, Don Was, Faith Hill, Garth Brooks, Ray Charles, Toots Thielman, Queen Latifah, Isaac Hayes and a surprise Dionne Warwick perform a medley tribute to Oscar-winning and nominated songs from the past, including "Everybody's Talking at Me" from Midnight Cowboy, performed by Brooks; "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" from The Wizard of Oz, performed by Faith Hill; "Secret Love" from Calamity Jane, sung by Ray Charles; "The Man That Got Away" from A Star Is Born, knocked out with flare by Queen Latifah; "I've Got You Under My Skin" from Dance with Me, sung by Charles, who performs to Sinatra level, natch; "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, sung by Garth, the hella cool in any decade! "Theme from Shaft," performed by Isaac (who's lost in the dry-ice mist--Isaac, are in you in there?); and "When You Wish Upon a Star" from Pinnochio (Brooks). We hardly missed Whitney Houston, who begged off at the last minute with throat problems.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Brian :DN

luvsgarth62
03-27-2000, 05:00 AM
Guys,<P>I watched the whole thing last night and did not see Sandy. I saw the back of Garth's head though. But I didn't see the red carpet interview. I flipped out when y'all said he was interviewed. Man, of all the bad luck!!<BR>But I did see when he sang. I loved it when he sang "When you wish upon a star" :)<P>-AliciaN

Crackers
03-27-2000, 10:54 AM
Tricia,<P>Did you see the back of his head in the auditorium or on the red carpet walkway?N

GarthLVR88
03-27-2000, 01:20 PM
Hey! I totally missed that interview. :( Oh well.....but, I managed to spot where Garth was sitting, after HOURS of reviewing my tape. He was sitting on the left outer side, a few rows behind that "Charlize Thereon" lady...She was wearing an orange dress. But that's the only other time I saw Garth besides when he sang...ah, how I love video tape. ;)<P>RachelN

honky
03-27-2000, 05:05 PM
YES! I have something against Faith definitely! But that's just my opinion ;)<P>She is pretty... but that doesn't mean everything.<P><BR>TommyN

smitten
03-27-2000, 07:33 PM
I don't think Faith sang very well last night, but to give her her dues they were pretty tough songs to put her stamp on.<P>But, are you surprised that I think Garth was stupenous, wonderful, like listening to a choir of angels sing ???????<P><BR>I don't think so *LOL* :) AnaN

Pilgrim
03-27-2000, 09:13 PM
Tommy<P>I can't see why you have something against her being on TV :o<P>Garth was ALL OVER TV last year and continues now.<P>Garth even need to please his ego with baseball, atleast Faith doesn't do that :)<P>Faith Hill is GREAT and DEFINITELY <B>WAY</B> better than Reba or Trisha for that matter :D :D<P>I think it's OK when the record labes push their stars on TV :D It's an added bonus for the fans :)<P>BrianN

pldrw
03-28-2000, 02:21 AM
I think Faith did great It was nice to see Country music start to finally get a chance to give something back to the world!! Most of the time country is looked down on !! Garth has certainly changed that!! :) :) :)N

pldrw
03-28-2000, 02:22 AM
I think Faith did great It was nice to see Country music start to finally get a chance to give something back to the world!! Most of the time country is looked down on !! Garth has certainly changed that!! :) :) :)N

pldrw

pldrw

pldrw
03-28-2000, 02:23 AM

Sarah in oz
03-28-2000, 02:48 AM
Honky, that was Queen Latiffah.<BR>she has a great voice.<P>Sarah<BR>N

loreli
03-28-2000, 05:45 AM
I think they all sang great. :)<P>I'm not sure I like Faith's hair that long. ;(<P>Lori<P>N

honky
03-28-2000, 08:39 AM
LOL... Brian,<P>I know you are going to say something like that ;) I am not going to argue with you because the ones you like, I DON'T LIKE. But the ones you dislike, I LIKE :D I prefer Reba and Trisha anyday!! :)<P>It's just a matter of opinion. I just think that it would be better if Witney sang. She is great! ;)<P><BR>By the way, I did enjoy seeing Garth all over the places :D <P><BR>TommyN

Pilgrim
03-28-2000, 09:17 AM
*ROFL* Tommy :)<P>You say you don't like Garth?? :o :o ;)<P>But what do you have against Faith??<BR>I thought you always liked her :) Atleast that's the impression I got a few months back :)<P>BrianN

honky
03-28-2000, 12:31 PM
Brian,<P>Did I say that I don't like Garth? :o I didn't mean to :o<P>Well, yes, I did start off liking Faith. In fact, it was me who told Jim to buy the album "Faith" (ok that is it). At first I really like her style as a cuttie ;) But after seeing how her image and music have changed, I am not happy about her. Maybe it's not her fault, but her record label's. This is why I said her record label is trying hard to push her. There is nothin' wrong about that.... but still, I prefer the cute Faith, not like the one rolling on the bed in "Breathe" :( <P><BR>And it's really annoying to hear her songs on my radio!! After "Breathe" has gone off the chart, "The Way You loved me" comes up like crazy :( Come on, give us the listener a little break between 2 singles!! It's really annoying how artists like Tim, Faith, Dixie Chicks, have NON-STOP singles on radio. I always think that it would be better to have at least a few weeks between 2 singles :o well, I don't know about how record labels promoting the singles.... <P>TommyN

jenny30534
03-28-2000, 01:24 PM
Inside Edition just reported that Garth was upset with the fact that Faith was chosen and that other country singers, like Trisha were not considered. I like Faith, but her "live" singing has always left something to be desired, while Trisha's version of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" is great.<P>JenniferN

Chris Gaines
03-28-2000, 01:32 PM
Brian???????????????/<P>Garth is <B>NOT</B> doing BASEBALL for his ego. You should KNOW that!<P>Garth did Baseball to get Players to sign up for Touch'em ALL.<BR>Garth also got $400,000.00 for Touch'em All just for being there with the Mets this year!<P>THIS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS EGO.<P>Thanks ;)<BR>JasonN

cowgirl14
03-28-2000, 02:12 PM
I heard this moring that Garth made a big deal about Faith Hill being there. I was listening to JRFM and they said was goin' to be the olny conutry guy there. So I can help but say this GARTH WAS A BIG BABY FOR DOING THIS BUT HE CRIED! I think it was someone diffen came in (sorry for my spelling) and she got fired because she doin' do what she was to do so Faith came in. 100 to one says that Sandy wasn't to happy about it too.<BR>love ya <BR>Joey N

honky
03-28-2000, 03:27 PM
Umm.... Joey, <P>Could you repeat what you said? Who got fired? I saw on ET (Entertainment Tonight) that Witney had a sore throat, so she had to cancel her part :( Then Faith got a last minute call. <P>TommyN

cowgirl14
03-28-2000, 06:25 PM
Two storys ones right I haved agree with you Tommy.Later Joey N

GarthLVR88
03-28-2000, 06:41 PM
Well, what you heard is true! At rehersal on Friday, Whitney was complaining of a sore throat, so they called Faith and she gladly accepted! There's NO WAY Garth said that he felt weird being the only country guy there! Anyway, that's my piece of mind!<P>RachelN

Pilgrim
03-28-2000, 09:18 PM
<B>Tommy</B> :)<P>Is there a law that tell you to ONLY make country music when you have started out in that? :)<BR>Springsteen has changed his style twice, and there has been no problem with that.<BR>The real problem must be people who want to play pop music but are afraid to do so under their own name, and therefor has to create an alter ego.<BR>I think it is cool how Faith and Shania has changed their style (still hope they get back to what they are good at) and got all the flames, and hey still just stay calm and pretend nothing has happened. :D<BR>While Brooks on the other hand start whining about the critics and thinking about retirement.<P>I think it is a bit pathetic the way people still complain about the way Chicks, Faith and Shania are played on the stations :o :o<BR>I bet if it was Garth who was played that much none here would have complaned about it.<BR>Well, he was, when he was on top :)<BR>We'll have to wait until the end of the year with that :D :D :D :D Then I am sure he will wipe away all competition :D<P><B>Jason</B> :)<P>All I know is that Garth use TEA as a poor excuse to try and polish his ego in a sport where he suck big time.<BR>He should get real and organize a tour with other big name artists where he would get 20 times the amount for TEA than he did now :)<P>Brian :)N

honky
03-28-2000, 09:36 PM
Brian,<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Is there a law that tell you to ONLY make country music when you have started out in that? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Nope.. certainly not. But I would prefer Faith keep her dress on than not wear at all in the video ;) <P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>The real problem must be people who want to play pop music but are afraid to do so under their own name, and therefor has to create an alter ego.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Umm... I really hate this sarcaism :( :( :(<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>I think it is cool how Faith and Shania has changed their style (still hope they get back to what they are good at) and got all the flames, and hey still just stay calm and pretend nothing has happened. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah... is this more like sex comment? and when does Faith got a lot of bad comments? I don't recall any or at least to the extent compared to Garth's.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>While Brooks on the other hand start whining about the critics and thinking about retirement.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Whining about the critics? The truth is Garth did get more critics than the ones you mentioned. The only time Garth complained was when the reporter asked the stupid question at Garth... that was it. I don't recall Garth criticizing critics. <P><BR>Brian, if you want to defend Faith or Shania, please do so using private emails. This is a Garth board. Not a Faith/Shania love site. You enjoy their dresses, then that's cool. I have my point of view. Don't try to relate every point that I made to Garth's. I said that I think Faith's record label is pushing her hard. This is true. I said that Faith dressed less and less... and this is true also. I also said that Shania is more pop than country, and that is 100% true... <P>I respect your opinion, but please STOP relating anything to Garth. I said <B>I DON'T LIKE FAITH</B>... that is it! It has nothin' to do with Garth or whoever.<P>N

honky
03-28-2000, 09:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>I think it is cool how Faith and Shania has changed their style (still hope they get back to what they are good at) and got all the flames, and hey still just stay calm and pretend nothing has happened. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yep... a change of outfit, a flavor of POP, a teamup with BSB... etc... yeah.. they are very country to me :D <P><BR>TommyN

honky
03-28-2000, 09:54 PM
Oh I forgot to reply this one... it's rather rhetoric I though ;)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>I bet if it was Garth who was played that much none here would have complaned about it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Duh? I am not sure about other people.. maybe they also love Faith and Shania or the Chicks.. but I certainly think they are fine... to asnwer your question, YES, I wouldn't complained about Garth being overplayed because I am a Garthfan. I do complaing about Faith's or Shania's.... because 1)I am not their fan 2)I don't care about their music Since I don't care too much about their music, I felt very annoyed sometimes when my station beat their songs to death. <P><BR>TommyN

Pilgrim
03-28-2000, 09:56 PM
Tommy :)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Whining about the critics? The truth is Garth did get more critics than the ones you mentioned. The only time Garth complained was when the reporter asked the stupid question at Garth... that was it. I don't recall Garth criticizing critics.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's true, but id it was not for the critics then he wouldn't rhink about retirement :)<BR>The lame excuse about him being tired is just too stupid. If that was the case, then he would have retired a long time ago :)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Brian, if you want to defend Faith or Shania, please do so using private emails. This is a Garth board. Not a Faith/Shania love site.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Why use e-mails??? I know this is not a Faith/Shania love site, but it's no hate site for them either.<BR>I just defend them like everyone else is welcomed to defend Mariah Carey is I say something about her :)<BR>As long as I don't tell anyone to buy their records or go watch them on TV I think this is pretty harmless :)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>You enjoy their dresses, then that's cool.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>No, I have never said that. I have said I don't care what they are wearing :) As long as they aren't totally naked ;)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Don't try to relate every point that I made to Garth's. I said that I think Faith's record label is pushing her hard. This is true. I said that Faith dressed less and less... and this is true also. I also said that Shania is more pop than country, and that is 100% true...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>What's wrong with relating to Garth?? It is a Garth site :)<BR>I agree with you that the labels push their artists and that's also false, but I really couldn't care less about what they are wearing, BOTH Garth and Faith :) That has noting to do with their music, only their image.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>I respect your opinion, but please STOP relating anything to Garth. I said I DON'T LIKE FAITH... that is it! It has nothin' to do with Garth or whoever.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Well, it does have ALOT to do with Garth. You have complained yourself about how much they play Shania, and they hardly play any Garth :) ;)<P>Brian :)N

Pilgrim
03-28-2000, 10:01 PM
BTW, the comment about Chris Gaines was sarcastic, but very VERY true :)<P>And, I know how you feel when something is overplayed, but you and everyone else should be thankfull for all the country stations you get over there.<BR>You learn to live with the music you dislike sooner or later :)<BR>You just don't pay attention anymore ;) ;)<P>BrianN

honky
03-28-2000, 10:31 PM
Brian,<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>That's true, but id it was not for the critics then he wouldn't rhink about retiremen. The lame excuse about him being tired is just too stupid. If that was the case, then he would have retired a long time ago <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Lame excuse? Umm.. I don't know.. it's your opinion :o You can relate to whatever you want ;)<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Why use e-mails??? I know this is not a Faith/Shania love site, but it's no hate site for them either. I just defend them like everyone else is welcomed to defend Mariah Carey is I say something about her. As long as I don't tell anyone to buy their records or go watch them on TV I think this is pretty harmless <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yep.. remember your nasty comment about Michael Jackson and all the rap artists? Would you consider yourself bashing? Or just the truth? All I said before was that Faith's record label is pushing her hard. Then you jumped on and asked me if I have something against her. Since you asked the qusetion, I ANSWERED YOU. Then you weren't satisfied my answer, and you went on elaborate everyhthing relating to Garth... ummm... I still don't see the connection ;)<P>I respect your comment and your love of Faith and Shania.. that's is cool.. stick to your opinion. But please (PLEASE) do not assume that I have to like them. <P>Hey go back and reread the whole thread ;) Right after I said that I have something against Faith, you brought up Garth's baseball issue. Umm... I really don't see relationship between "I don't like Faith" and "Garth playing baseball". You started out some sensitive issues. Not me.. all I said is that I don't like Faith. But you said MORE than that. You took my reply (which you have asked for) and you went on defending Faith and Shania by bringing up Garth. It's NOT what I intended ;)<P>This is what I said:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>I know you are going to say something like that I am not going to argue with you because the ones you like, I DON'T LIKE. But the ones you dislike, I LIKE I prefer Reba and Trisha anyday!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You see.. I do not bash Faith or whatever. I did not say she can't sing.. she is fake.. or whatever. All I said is that I don't like her and I don't care much for her music.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>But what do you have against Faith??<BR>I thought you always liked her Atleast that's the impression I got a few months back <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Then you asked me why I don't like Faith. Since you asked me, I also gave you my answer. But obviously, you do not like my answer. Not only are you not satisfied with asnwer, but you also said "Is there a law that tell you to ONLY make country music when you have started out in that?" I don't know why you would say this because I have my reasons not liking Faith. why do you bring this up? Of course it's good to see artists change for good. <P>Not only that, you stated something even more uncalled for "While Brooks on the other hand start whining about the critics and thinking about retirement." Why did you say this? Is my comment about Faith that made you to say this? I hope not ;)<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Why use e-mails??? I know this is not a Faith/Shania love site, but it's no hate site for them either.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>LOL.. why do you think that I hate Faith and shania? I just don't like them and some of their music. I don't recall anybody bashing (meaing harsh words) about Faith here... so what was your intension then? Did I say something that is totally uncalled for? <P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>I just defend them like everyone else is welcomed to defend Mariah Carey is I say something about her<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well.. last time was bit out of hand because there were nasty comments about Mariah (like her dress etc). This time, I do NOT see anything as bad as what was said on Mariah.. so why do you feel the need to defend? Since I am the one who is not happy about Faith, are you trying to defend Faith and make me into a Faith fan also?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>What's wrong with relating to Garth?? It is a Garth site.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No.. it is still wrong! You can't judge my mind! You don't know what I am thinking.. so you can't assume everything has to do with Garth ;) The fact that I don't like Faith, has nothin' to do with Garth playing baseball.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Well, it does have ALOT to do with Garth. You have complained yourself about how much they play Shania, and they hardly play any Garth <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I did complain. I admit. But that is still true though.. I don't mind my station playing lots of Trisha and Reba :) Why? Because I like them :) Why do I mind Faith and Shania? Because they are not as good as Trisha and Reab ;) It's that simple.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>BTW, the comment about Chris Gaines was sarcastic, but very VERY true <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>If you insist on thinking (or saying) this way, I can't help it ;) I just hope that you would respect the majority of people here on this forum. I hope I am not asking too much.<P><BR>Tommy<P>N

Pilgrim
03-29-2000, 12:22 AM
Tommy :)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Lame excuse? Umm.. I don't know.. it's your opinion You can relate to whatever you want<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Well, he was tired right? And he wanted to lay low in 99. He definitely didn't do that. and it's the same here in 2000. <BR>Now he just use the family as an retirement exuse :) If he care that much about his family he should retire <B>NOW!</B> :)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Yep.. remember your nasty comment about Michael Jackson and all the rap artists? Would you consider yourself bashing? Or just the truth?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Both :) There is no way, and I repeat <B>NO WAY</B> I can support paeodophiles and violence. The same goes for drug addicted artists :)<BR>Please remember I have said I have nothing against RAP artists such as Will Smith because of his lyrics. I sure as hell don't like the music, but I would not bash him :)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Then you weren't satisfied my answer, and you went on elaborate everyhthing relating to Garth... ummm... I still don't see the connection <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>No no no no I were satisfied with your answer :D But you should know me by now, I am shameless :o :o I use every opportunity I get to start a debate ;)*L*<BR>As for the baseball, it's more than obvious. Garth simply NEED to be in the news all the time, he can't live without it. That was what I meant way back up there in that particular post :)<BR>I used it as an example :)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>I respect your comment and your love of Faith and Shania.. that's is cool.. stick to your opinion. But please (PLEASE) do not assume that I have to like them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I do not assume you have to like them :)<BR>If I did that I would tell you so :) You are free to buy their albums whether you want it or not :)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>You see.. I do not bash Faith or whatever. I did not say she can't sing.. she is fake.. or whatever. All I said is that I don't like her and I don't care much for her music.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>No I did not say you bashed her. I just find it funny that you liked her a few months back, and then she make a poppish album and you immediately dislike her. ;)<BR>Garth did the same, he just hide behind another name, but it is still GARTH down to the last drop of blood :)<BR>I find it interesting that you react that way against her and not against him ;)<BR>I know you will say you are a fan of him, but there are more to it that that ;)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>But obviously, you do not like my answer. Not only are you not satisfied with asnwer,<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I do like your answer :D I am just trying to get behind WHY you suddenly change your opinion of her :)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>but you also said "Is there a law that tell you to ONLY make country music when you have started out in that?" I don't know why you would say this because I have my reasons not liking Faith. why do you bring this up? Of course it's good to see artists change for good.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Well, I said that because that's the way it seem. Shania have been trashed BIG TIME here because of her European release. Only a few like that album (personally I don't like it) and the others blame her for not staying true to country. They have said she should come out and just admit that she is pop and not country. That's why I think there is some unwritten law about that.<BR>Or maybe it's jealousy of her recent success?? The who-do-you-think-you-are-attitude :)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Not only that, you stated something even more uncalled for "While Brooks on the other hand start whining about the critics and thinking about retirement." Why did you say this? Is my comment about Faith that made you to say this? I hope not<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>No that has nothing to do with your comment. It was an observation of Faith, Shania and Garth :)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>LOL.. why do you think that I hate Faith and shania? I just don't like them and some of their music. I don't recall anybody bashing (meaing harsh words) about Faith here... so what was your intension then? Did I say something that is totally uncalled for?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>NOOOOOOO I know you don't hate them :) You are too good for doing that :) As long as I have been a member here I can't think of a single think you have said that was totally uncalled for :)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Well.. last time was bit out of hand because there were nasty comments about Mariah (like her dress etc). This time, I do NOT see anything as bad as what was said on Mariah.. so why do you feel the need to defend? Since I am the one who is not happy about Faith, are you trying to defend Faith and make me into a Faith fan also?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I don't recall the last time with Mariah :o :o<BR>And I am NOT trying to make you into a Faith fan :)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>No.. it is still wrong! You can't judge my mind! You don't know what I am thinking.. so you can't assume everything has to do with Garth The fact that I don't like Faith, has nothin' to do with Garth playing baseball.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Well, I don't think I mis the target much if I say that you are VERY disappointed they don't play Garth 24/7 on the stations :)<BR>When you see Shania on TV you probably think "why her? Why not Reba or Garth??" ;)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>I did complain. I admit. But that is still true though.. I don't mind my station playing lots of Trisha and Reba Why? Because I like them Why do I mind Faith and Shania? Because they are not as good as Trisha and Reab It's that simple.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Well, as I said earlier, you will learn to live with it :)<BR>Suddenly you realize that you don't care anyway :)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>If you insist on thinking (or saying) this way, I can't help it I just hope that you would respect the majority of people here on this forum. I hope I am not asking too much.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I do respect people here :D :D If I didn't I would write personal comments :)<BR>The comment about the CG project (which I still lovem but I am not blind for the truth) just show disagreement, and that doesn't mean I don't respect the person I disagree with :D :D<P>Did any of this make sense????<P>I am done now this is WAY too long :o :o<P>Brian ;)<BR>
N

LonsomeDove
03-29-2000, 08:19 AM
<P> Yea, But Faith, Tim and garth are friends?<BR>are they not?<BR> <BR> Why on earth would Garth be upset about<BR>Faith Hill joining the show? It makes more<BR>sence to me that he felt badley for Whittney.<BR>Seeing how Garth and Whittney have known one<BR>another for a wile.<P> Besides, we all know some members of the<BR>press feel the need to put a negative slant on anything Garth realated.<P> Also, why is it that the most negative<BR>version of this story is the one that makes it onto the Countrycool site any way?<P> CR. <BR>N

enutts4gb
03-29-2000, 08:37 AM
HOT!! ;) :o<BR>I find it really hard to breathe in here. ;) <P>Boys will be boys. ;)<P>Getting back to the original topic...<BR>I never saw the whole show so I only saw when Garth performed, that's it. :o<BR>But he looked <B>GOOD!!!</B> :o ;)<P>Erin :)<BR>N