PDA

View Full Version : How many of you know Garth?

Fresh_Horses
03-25-2000, 06:52 AM
I have met Garth 6 different times in the past 3 years. My uncle works as one of his crew guys, he is absolulty wonderful in person. One time I was there while they were setting up the stage for a show and his kids were riding their bikes around the place.N

dbwelch
03-25-2000, 03:39 PM
Don't know him in person, just through his music and publicity. My husband and I are one of those couples who feel we would enjoy just sitting around being "people" with Garth and Sandy. <BR>DonnaN

honky
03-25-2000, 04:07 PM
Fresh_Horse,<P>WOW!! What does your uncle think about Garth? <P><BR>Hey, come and share more of your storys :)<P><BR>TommyN

splitzer
03-25-2000, 04:24 PM
<B>Fresh_Horses</B><P>Wow! I have to admit it, I'm jealous!!<P>I've met Garth 1.5 times. :) I say this because during the same Garthadventure I had two run-ins with him. The first one I actually talked to him and got a Garthhug and a kiss and a pic and autographs and the whole thing. The second time he was in a hurry to get his dad to the airport and I just reached in from the back of the crowd surrounding him and he took my hand and squeezed it and looked me square in the eye with a kind of "sorry i have to go, take care" look in his eyes. So, that's my 1.5 times of meeting him. I don't KNOW him, though. I wish! I've written him many times and I think he would probably know who I was if we met again (I might have to tell him my name, but I think he would know me then, because of the letters), but who knows. It's fun to imagine him saying, "Oh, Danielle, it's great to see you again!! How've you been, sweetheart?" :)<P><I>A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heartaches... whatever you wish for will be.</I><P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

Fresh_Horses
03-27-2000, 01:05 PM
3 of the times that I have met Garth have been very special. You know how before concerts he always goes up and sits in the worst seat of the place to see how he will be able to entertain the person in that seat? Well one time I was there with my uncle (cause I was living with my uncle off and on for awhile so we are pretty close) and I got to go with Garth to sit in the worst seats. We sat and talked for over an hour it was wonderful. He is a pretty nutty person actully and very fun to talk to. Then he had to go do soundcheck. The second time that was really fabulous was when I got to go to his house. I'm not going to give to many details about it away incase that would be in someway rude to him and his family but it is defanatly a very nice house and I got to go in their pool. The third time was when I got to hang backstage with him and Sandy and the kids while he met cancer kids from Make A Wish that got to go backstage. Garth is very cool with kids like that and he likes to rub the patients that have lost their hair heads. He makes them feel very special and gives them all kinds of merchandise.N

honky
03-27-2000, 05:09 PM
Fresh_Horse,<P>WOW!!!! You had been to Garth's house? :o what a thrill.... yes, I respect your position not saying anything about the place.<P>Thanks for sharing!!<P><BR>TommyN

Jen19
03-28-2000, 06:51 AM
Wow you sure have been lucky.. his house sitting and just talking with him :) that would be almost all of our dreams here at PG. By the way welcome to PG .. if it is Garth you would like to talk about or learn about you have came to the right place. I have had the chance over the past 7mounths to meet Garth 6 wonderful times. I was working in NYC and he was around so many times it was really great. And then I just went to Spring Training. Garth has proved to me over and over again what a great guy he is. In Florida he also met with Make A Wish children and it was amazing to watch him interact with the kids. Garth is truly and amazing person. Stick around and have fun. <P>JENN

nelty
03-28-2000, 08:07 AM
WOW VerY COOL :)<P>Love to know Garth and Sandy AS A FRIEND, hehe :)But I guess everyone wishes that too... :)<P>Glad that you had a special moment. It's hard to imagine what's it like to be working for or with Garth. But whatever way, it must be wonderful feeling. Lookin forward go to work every morning. <P>Thanks for sharing that with us. :)<P>NellyN

Hoots
03-28-2000, 10:11 AM
I was lucky enough to have head dinner with Garth and Sandy in Norman, Oklahoma in June of 1993. It was a little cafe late at night, with very few customers (which is probably why they came into the place!). Anyway, they walked in and I immediately got that "feeling." The one in which you tell yourself "NO WAY. Is that him?!" Well, after battling my patience I walked over and asked for an autograph. He was very gracious about it, saying "Sure. Why don't you join us?" I felt kind of uncomfortable, but I wasn't gonna say no! I sat there about twenty minutes, and we chatted about alot of things. He and Sandy were very genuine and nice. I took a photo of them on my way out, which I will post if y'all want to see it.N

Hoots
03-28-2000, 10:13 AM
Sorry about the typo. It should have read "had" dinner, of course. OOPS!N

Pilgrim
03-28-2000, 10:15 AM
Hey Hoots :)<P>That sounds like an awesome experience :)<P>I don't mind if you post the photo somewhere, but if you think it is too private then don't post it :)<BR>It's all up to you :)<P>BrianN

honky
03-28-2000, 12:21 PM
<B>Hoots</B>,<P>THANKS FOR SHARING!! So was the dinner formal? <P>Oh boy, it is just very cool how people got to meet Garth in various situations ;)<P>TommyN