PDA

View Full Version : radio experts...

honky
03-24-2000, 10:02 PM
Ok.... I am not sure if you guys are informed of this, but "Do what you gotta do" has already fallen off Top30 on R&R chart :( This really sadden me because the speed of dropping is really NON-SENSE to me :(<P>Come on, Garth is not a new artist. He is one of the most influencial country artists. I have no idea why stations have stop playing the single this soon.<P><BR>Does anyone know how the stations work?<P><BR>I am so confused, because other singles like "My Best Friend" is still on Top10. <P>TommyN

Snow
03-25-2000, 01:56 AM
Tommy... I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that it really isn't a new song. Many of the people that would have went out and bought the CD after hearing this song... ALREADY have it of course and have for quite a while.<P>I love the song... it's fantastic... but I think other than those of us that call a radio station about anything Garth... the rest of Garth fans are not calling... why should they call to hear this song when they can play it in their own CD player?<P>In addition there hasn't been any promotion of the song by Garth.... no concerts or TV appearances... the sort of stuff that gets a song noticed by the mainstream listener. I think Garth and Capitol-Nashville simply released this song to fill the void between Chris Gaines and the next project.<P>I think they should have released this song when the CD first came out... I think both the song and the CD would have done even better if they had.N

Pilgrim
03-25-2000, 05:44 AM
Tommy<P>There will be a NEW song out sometime this year :)<P>BrianN

Fresh_Horses
03-25-2000, 06:28 AM
It's because he has had Sevens released for over 2 years and he sang the song at the 1998 Billboard Awards. If he wanted it released he should have released it then. The album isnt even new anymore, he has released other ones since then. It was pointless to release it now.N

GRTH FAN
03-25-2000, 11:50 AM
Tommy, I'm sure the next single will do better, and I'm upset that it didn't go #1 myself! My station is still playing it quite a bit, so I will keep pushing them Okay!!<BR>Hang In There Honky!<BR>Donna :)N

honky
03-25-2000, 04:55 PM
OK... I know this sounds silly, but I just need to ask this question.<P>Does Garth has any single that last REALLY LONG on the chart? I knew Garth has 18 No.1 hits (not enough), but most of his singles CLIMB fast and then DROP OFF even fast :( <P>Ever since I started listening to Garth in the summer of 98, ALL OF HIS SINGLES ROSE FAST AND DROPPED OFF EVEN FASTER... :( So this makes me to wonder about how stations work.<P><BR>TommyN

sasteen
03-25-2000, 05:10 PM
I noticed also that his songs fall fast. But yet they will beat Shania and Faith to death with the same songs over and over and over and over. I am to the point now that when I hear that Faith or Shania is coming on next I switch channels. Oh well, that is my opinion.<BR>Shelly PaN

Garth2Gaines
03-25-2000, 07:08 PM
By my records, Garth has 2 singles that have stayed on top for 4 weeks, and they are?<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>Friends in Low Places<BR>What she's doing now<BR> :)<BR>I could be wrong, but I got these from the Billboard charts....<P>dwayneN

honky
03-26-2000, 12:01 AM
Shelly,<P>Oh boy, if you live in Canada, you will know how many times they play Shania over here!! Very scary I would say! *LOL*<P><BR>TommyN