PDA

View Full Version : Garth videos.......

GarthLVR88
03-23-2000, 06:30 PM
If you could take any of Garth's songs that have/ or haven't been made into videos yet, what would you make it about?? I'm curioius....As usual. ;)<P>RachelN

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
03-23-2000, 06:57 PM
I would love to see " You Move Me" made for video. <P>I love the message in this song and think it would make a great video! <P>Good Question!! :) <P>MonicaN

SeaGBfan
03-23-2000, 07:10 PM
My pick would be from Sevens. I would like to see a video of (and I am not sure of the title, don't kill me!) "When No One is Around." It is such a personal song, and I can relate to it, that I would be very interested on how Garth would interprate this song on video. Any guesses?<P>MaryN

GarthFanCanada1
03-23-2000, 07:35 PM
I would love to see a video for Belleau Wood, and for You Move Me. I'd still love to see a video for I Don't Have To Wonder, too!<P><BR>Good Topic!<P><BR>BarkleyN

Jen19
03-23-2000, 07:35 PM
" Everytime that it Rains" happens to be one of my favorite songs but just tell the story just like it is sung. It would be beautful.<BR>Hey Garth if you need a director for it I'll do it ..LOL<P>JenN

loreli
03-23-2000, 07:45 PM
I have to vote with Barkley.<P>Belleau Wood and You Move Me. :)<P>Lori<P>N

Pilgrim
03-23-2000, 09:29 PM
All of them :)<P>He should especially re-make his concert "videos" It's horrible with videos like that :( :(<P>It shows a lack of imagination :o<P>BrianN

honky
03-23-2000, 10:58 PM
Oh yeah... Sevens has the most possible candidates for videos!! :D :D<P>I would love to see "When There's noone around" and "You Move Me" as well! Oh.. and "Cowboy Cadillac: :o<P><BR>TommyN

Teach
03-24-2000, 05:14 AM
I would like for Garth to put all of the videos on sale in a set like he did with some of his first videos. Put three on a tape and sell it, just like "The Red Strokes". I still have not seen the video for "Lost in You" and I would gladly buy the video.N

minnesotagbfan
03-24-2000, 09:05 AM
i would like to see a video for either "Somewhere Other Than the Night" or "Learning to Live Again"N

AbsoluteNJGarthNut
03-24-2000, 09:09 AM
I would like to see "Every Now and Then" made into a video.<P>This song hold a very special place in my heart. It touches me personally. And I would like to see how Garth views it in his eyes.<P>Thanks<BR>KarinN

enutts4gb
03-24-2000, 09:17 AM
I agree with Brian. :)<BR>I want to see videos for ALL of them. :D<P>I think the concert videos are cool. :)<P>Erin :)N

Anonymous
03-24-2000, 07:10 PM
I've never understood why there wasn't a video for "Friends In Low Places", it seems like there should be a video for this song. I know this may not be a literal translation of the song, but it would be funny. <BR>A woman is at a ritzy wedding reception where she's feeling out of place with her ritzy in-laws. Garth walks in wearing jeans, a mobetta shirt and cowboy boots. He tells off the guy and he grabs the bride and runs off with her. Then Garth and the bride go to the oasis in a pick up truck. And live happily ever after. N

Deafcowboy
03-26-2000, 02:57 PM
<B>Anonymous</B><P>I'm afraid that's not what the song (FILP) is about....<P>It's actually about when the woman left him...for a rich boy....and that's not going to affect the cowboy...his root's strong enough to hold him up.....in low places.<P>DeafcowboyN

honky
03-26-2000, 03:44 PM
OMG!! <B>deafcowboy</B> just posted!! :D<P>WELCOME BACK!<P><BR>TommyN

Deafcowboy
03-26-2000, 03:55 PM
<B>*Salutes his cowboy hat*</B><P>Tommy,<BR>It's nice to see ya too!<P>DeafcowboyN

gbking
03-26-2000, 05:12 PM
I would have to say;<BR>"How you ever gonna know" is the song that wraps up his whole career. Every message and inspiration in all his songs is wrapped up right there.<BR>His whole career comes down to,<BR>"How you ever gonna know....your potential."<BR>That would be cool<BR> :)<P>DerekN

GarthLVR88
03-26-2000, 08:06 PM
"Very cool" ideas PGers!! I think we talked about the FILP video before, and the only "video" type thing that happened for it was on the Grammy's....I think. Don't hold me to it. ;) But if I had to choose one video.......I think "Two Pina Coladas" would be fun.......and "The Fever" too! But for a serious video, I'd pick "Victim of the Game". I've always liked that song, and I think it would make a cool video. Thanks for the replies!<P>RachelN

Anonymous
03-27-2000, 08:07 AM
I know that that is not what the song is about. I just think it would be a good twist for the video. As we know Garth doesn't like videos because he doesn't see them as necessary. You can imagine your own little video for the song while he is singing. That's why I think it would be cool if he used videos to throw a twist into the song. <P>Maybe he's not singing so much to the woman as the other guests at the wedding? Who knows? He never really says that it is only directed at the woman. He could be telling off the groom, or simply everyone else at the wedding. I was just trying to be creative and make a fun video. I said in my post that it may not go along with the song, just that it would be a fun way to do the video. Sorry. N

Deafcowboy
04-02-2000, 08:40 PM
<B>Anonymous</B><P>No no...there's nothing wrong with being creative. <P>Yes, it's nice twist. I think that the main reason that FILP became successful is because the country music was going down at that time, but instead Garth used it in a way where it would prove to the other musical idustrial that country music isn't going to change or give up its own <B>roots.</B><P>Of course, Garth don't like making the videos because he don't want us to stick with one moral message of those songs. He just wants us to make up the story. It's just like books being made into movies. Most of those books are better than their own movies. Get the idea?<P>Deafcowboy<BR>N