PDA

View Full Version : Dive Bar Video

Scarecrow
08-29-2019, 04:28 PM
Well if Garth thinks waiting to release a video for dive bar will help in some way of it going up the charts, im not sure.

Skywise
08-29-2019, 04:40 PM
supposedly it's done or almost done, etc. but something else is being shot/released video wise before it? (acc. to this week's IsG).. yeah if a vie is supposed to help the song it's not great timing

randa16
08-29-2019, 06:09 PM
How can a man who did it so well in the 90’s be so bad now? Did he have a guy that did it back then and now Garth took over and does it himself? Does he suffer from ADD? That would explain why he keeps getting into one project and before it’s done jumps into another forgetting about the first one. The video should have came out with the release of the video. The video is from a concert how original. You gotta get a concept and cut a real video like more then a memory. I know I am being negative but I just don’t get how he does things anymore.

Skywise
08-29-2019, 06:13 PM
How can a man who did it so well in the 90’s be so bad now? Did he have a guy that did it back then and now Garth took over and does it himself? Does he suffer from ADD? That would explain why he keeps getting into one project and before it’s done jumps into another forgetting about the first one. The video should have came out with the release of the video. The video is from a concert how original. You gotta get a concept and cut a real video like more then a memory. I know I am being negative but I just don’t get how he does things anymore.
To be honest, I don't know if Garth knows how to do things anymore... not in a truly successful way.. At the same time, he's always done things 'his own way' despite what people want or think he should do...

Garthmedic
08-29-2019, 06:58 PM
Go to his Facebook page, and read the comments. I am sure Garth believes that he is doing all the right things, based upon the feedback.

Brett Dale
08-29-2019, 09:53 PM

Didnt Pat Quigely handled all this sort of stuff in the 90's?? Now its just Garth?

Brett Dale
08-29-2019, 09:56 PM
Go to his Facebook page, and read the comments. I am sure Garth believes that he is doing all the right things, based upon the feedback.

Yeah most the feedback on facebook is all fanboy type stuff.

His handling of his music products isnt the best now. The music itself is great. He just needs to get the other side of things sorted.

wimpy77
08-29-2019, 10:23 PM

He is doing things like he did in the 90s. That the whole problem.

wimpy77
08-29-2019, 10:26 PM
Didnt Pat Quigely handled all this sort of stuff in the 90's?? Now its just Garth?

Pat Quigley was the head of Capitol Records Nashville. Back then record labels handled the promotion of the record and artists didn't have to worry about it including videos.

garthcop
08-30-2019, 10:14 AM
Pat Quigley was the head of Capitol Records Nashville. Back then record labels handled the promotion of the record and artists didn't have to worry about it including videos.

Which is why Quigley got a lot of criticism for the attention he gave to Garth, simply because he knew that was where the money was. I'm sorry, but I still don't care for the people who do Studio G with him. They are the reason the first vinyl sell went so bad. He needs someone older and more experienced. Not the millennial vibe that's all feel good.

Brett Dale
08-31-2019, 06:00 AM
Which is why Quigley got a lot of criticism for the attention he gave to Garth, simply because he knew that was where the money was. I'm sorry, but I still don't care for the people who do Studio G with him. They are the reason the first vinyl sell went so bad. He needs someone older and more experienced. Not the millennial vibe that's all feel good.

I think the problem is, Garth picks nice people over the more qualified people. Not saying the people he has run things for him now
are poor at their jobs, it's just there are better people out there.

I'm sure the people who work for him are nice like I said and also genuine and hard working people, but he needs to hire the top people.

Skywise
08-31-2019, 12:14 PM
He is doing things like he did in the 90s. That the whole problem.

Exactly

garthcop
08-31-2019, 04:40 PM
Exactly

I think part of the problem is that he is NOT doing things like the 90s. The Garth of the 90s was on top of stuff. I think he has adjusted to things being different and is content with a different mindset.

wimpy77
08-31-2019, 09:44 PM
I think part of the problem is that he is NOT doing things like the 90s. The Garth of the 90s was on top of stuff. I think he has adjusted to things being different and is content with a different mindset.

That's where you IMO are wrong. Why can't people seem to understand that things that worked 20 years ago doesn't work now. The music industry is doesn't work like it did in the 90's at all. Also people let's just be honest. Garth made the decision to basically quit for 14 years. Whatever noble reason it was he wasn't around the 14 years. When he came back the industry as a whole didn't then and doesn't now care. They have moved on. That's just the truth of the situation.

ElectricOutcast
08-31-2019, 09:56 PM
Here's my question: I know Garth has talked glowingly of Joe Mansfield in the past but lately we haven't been hearing from him not since The Ultimate Hits. Anyone know something?

Brett Dale
08-31-2019, 11:58 PM
Here's my question: I know Garth has talked glowingly of Joe Mansfield in the past but lately we haven't been hearing from him not since The Ultimate Hits. Anyone know something?

Havent heard anything. But who are the top guys Garth has working for him and what exactly are their roles??

Brett Dale
09-01-2019, 01:57 AM
yeah would really love to know who does what for "Team Garth", what their specific roles are.

Of Course Bryan Moore runs Inside studio G, and seems to have the first "Online Sales" thru his internet company.

Nancy Seltzer is it?, handles the media and does PR, (does she has a say in what questions can be asks at press conferences?)

Bob Doyle is still his Manager? (Dumb question, but what would his exact role be??)

Garth also must have a team of analytical people who advises him on what city/stadium he should do.

He must have a numbers guy.

But who else? He must have a team of people telling him, say for example (keep Back FUN, release it when Legacy is released)

Of course Garth his his own man, but there is a team, that he must be talking to do every day???

He must have someone coming up with ideas, and speaking to people in different cities, tv people, etc etc, about what he can do next?

wimpy77
09-01-2019, 03:12 AM
Pr handles media and his manager handles everything else including tour booking.

Brett Dale
09-01-2019, 03:55 AM
Pr handles media and his manager handles everything else including tour booking.

Yeah but he must have more than two people on his books???

Im sure there is a whole team of people who do his social media for him, advising what top tweet and such.

It just cant be Bob Doyle looking at what cities to do? Wouldnt he have experts looking at every bit of data.

I fail to believe its Just Nancy and Bob on the telephone to people.

His manager wouldnt decide, heres the type of boxset you should do, there will be a number of people advising him.

wimpy77
09-01-2019, 04:05 AM
He probably also has a booking agent but garth, his booking agent and his manager decides the tour and where it goes. I think he's also represented by WME. But Garth trusts very few people and always has trusted very few people.

garthcop
09-01-2019, 09:55 AM
That's where you IMO are wrong. Why can't people seem to understand that things that worked 20 years ago doesn't work now. The music industry is doesn't work like it did in the 90's at all. Also people let's just be honest. Garth made the decision to basically quit for 14 years. Whatever noble reason it was he wasn't around the 14 years. When he came back the industry as a whole didn't then and doesn't now care. They have moved on. That's just the truth of the situation.

I'm not talking necessarily about the methods of the 90s. I'm talking about being at the front of things and being successful at it. He's tried some things since coming back. But it just hasn't hit the target. I think he's at peace with that. His time for being that kind of artist is over. I mean, he is almost 60.

gbkubfan
09-01-2019, 10:49 AM
Hey hey hey, wait a moment there. 60 is the new 40. Our bodies may ache a little but we can still move with with most of the best of them. LOL. I personally think he is just trying different things because he can. I'd be surprised if he ended up like Prince, Michael or Whitney to name a few. He is ok with something not being a blockbuster. He is releasing music at his pace (which is his perogative) still selling lots of catalog music and having fun touring. Pretty soon the shows will be longer between shows. He will need to cut back, even if he feels 40 his body will say your 60 bud. That is why I think he may do a residency be it Las Vegas or Nashville. He can still perform but sleep in the same bed every night. Breaks for family stuff, Trisha performing with him. Sell lots of catalog music in his hotel store. Las Vegas loves Garth and people love going there. Sure it would be nice if he could tour like the Stones but I think the residency thing would be great. He changed the landscape when he first came out and people copied him. I remember a few years ago taking the bratkins to see Taylor Swift and she said she got ideas for her career from Garth. He's not a bad role model. I agrees he is at peace where his career is now. I think maybe the fans need to adapt. :-)

wimpy77
09-01-2019, 02:53 PM
Hey hey hey, wait a moment there. 60 is the new 40. Our bodies may ache a little but we can still move with with most of the best of them. LOL. I personally think he is just trying different things because he can. I'd be surprised if he ended up like Prince, Michael or Whitney to name a few. He is ok with something not being a blockbuster. He is releasing music at his pace (which is his perogative) still selling lots of catalog music and having fun touring. Pretty soon the shows will be longer between shows. He will need to cut back, even if he feels 40 his body will say your 60 bud. That is why I think he may do a residency be it Las Vegas or Nashville. He can still perform but sleep in the same bed every night. Breaks for family stuff, Trisha performing with him. Sell lots of catalog music in his hotel store. Las Vegas loves Garth and people love going there. Sure it would be nice if he could tour like the Stones but I think the residency thing would be great. He changed the landscape when he first came out and people copied him. I remember a few years ago taking the bratkins to see Taylor Swift and she said she got ideas for her career from Garth. He's not a bad role model. I agrees he is at peace where his career is now. I think maybe the fans need to adapt. :-)

I think that part of your statement is correct.

ElectricOutcast
09-01-2019, 10:40 PM
See my opinion, if he wants to keep his staff fresh and young, he needs to think about finding young people who actually have college degrees pertaining to the entertainment industry and can keep up with the current methods of the music business. I know they got plenty of those types of people from Full Sail University in Florida. Pipe dream yes, but a smart one at least.

Skywise
09-02-2019, 12:34 AM
Garth trusts very few people and always has trusted very few people.
I think this is the key part....

Brett Dale
09-02-2019, 02:19 AM
I think this is the key part....

He needs to start trusting the people who are top in their field.

Skywise
09-02-2019, 12:16 PM
He needs to start trusting the people who are top in their field.

Amen to that... only thing is doing that would take him away from the dinosaur ways he's handled things. ;)