PDA

View Full Version : Country Music Per Time Magazine

gbkubfan
08-19-2019, 12:45 PM
I was really disappointed by Time magazine's country issue. It focused on 60's Cash, Lynn and Parton and then talked about Little Nas and his song with Billy Ray Cyrus and how Nas is gay. Tim McGraw was a co-writer on one article yet their was very little mention of the 90's people. I think the rise of country music in the 90's was very important. Had the highest sales and radio numbers. I may have missed it but nothing on Garth. I know I am crazy about Garth but the man (despite his fooling with numbers) is the highest selling solo artists. His concerts are major events in every city he plays in, he has won a ton of awards. If he isn't country...shaking my head.

Skywise
08-19-2019, 12:56 PM
I was really disappointed by Time magazine's country issue. It focused on 60's Cash, Lynn and Parton and then talked about Little Nas and his song with Billy Ray Cyrus and how Nas is gay. Tim McGraw was a co-writer on one article yet their was very little mention of the 90's people. I think the rise of country music in the 90's was very important. Had the highest sales and radio numbers. I may have missed it but nothing on Garth. I know I am crazy about Garth but the man (despite his fooling with numbers) is the highest selling solo artists. His concerts are major events in every city he plays in, he has won a ton of awards. If he isn't country...shaking my head.

hmm- didn't even know it was out/read the issue- I'll have to look at it online..
you'd have to see who was resp for the whole of the article, etc. I'd be wiling to wager there was a bit of bias towards certain artists, its' a human thing to do. However, if it's trying to connect w/ the ken burns documentary that's coming up it may be more understandable.. (the doc. on country music)

gbkubfan
08-19-2019, 01:29 PM
They did mention ken Burns and his doc. I just felt they ignored the 90's. Oh well, can't wait for doc to see how they do. :-)