PDA

View Full Version : What is your ultimate item or one thing you'd like to have by Garth?

gbkubfan
08-09-2019, 01:23 PM
I posted this question on another site and was curious about the group here. :-)

Skywise
08-09-2019, 01:40 PM
Ultimate thing as in a release, or concert, or what exactly? Or is it ultimate thing in a collection

gbkubfan
08-09-2019, 01:44 PM
Anything someone wants like a autographed hat, a vinyl from the 90's, a collection of the Believer Magazines etc....

Skywise
08-09-2019, 01:54 PM
Hmm- gotta think about it then.... i know my collection would sure like Garth’s signature on my mint condition promo poster of no fences but that’s just top of my head thinking... maybe a mint condition personalized autographed takamine gb-7c

Would personally love a picture in frame where I get a chance to meet him :)

randa16
08-09-2019, 05:28 PM
Since I was 14 I have always wanted the cowboy hat he wore on No Fences. Fan wise I would love to have an 8 hour DVD of his concerts from 1989 to 1992.

Skywise
08-09-2019, 06:02 PM
Since I was 14 I have always wanted the cowboy hat he wore on No Fences. Fan wise I would love to have an 8 hour DVD of his concerts from 1989 to 1992.

I had a hat like that once- well, almost like it.. bought it right as I was graduating college- only problem is, I grew again after I left and my head grew to a size too big for hte hat- I can work with it, but it's not comfortable anymore.. can't get it reshaped either as the store that would do such a thing around here closed down

wimpy77
08-09-2019, 06:21 PM
i want an autograph Takamine

Brett Dale
08-09-2019, 06:30 PM
I would've love to have one of these huge posters, way back in the early 90's, a TV station here in NewZealand aired his "This is Garth Brooks" tv special. He wasnt known here, about two months
before it aired, these Massive posters appeared all around town, the posters had the words "WHATS A GARTH BROOKS? WATCH TV3 TO FIND OUT"

I wished I had taken one, and to have Garth sign it, would've been the ultimate for me.

Skywise
08-09-2019, 06:41 PM
I would've love to have one of these huge posters, way back in the early 90's, a TV station here in NewZealand aired his "This is Garth Brooks" tv special. He wasnt known here, about two months
before it aired, these Massive posters appeared all around town, the posters had the words "WHATS A GARTH BROOKS? WATCH TV3 TO FIND OUT"

I wished I had taken one, and to have Garth sign it, would've been the ultimate for me.

that'd be fun!

fences2312
08-09-2019, 10:05 PM
A James Taylor moment.

Garthfan92
08-09-2019, 11:00 PM
I have a Chicago Wolves BROOKS 77 jersey I got myself years ago (been a season tix holder since '03-'04). Oh, how I'd love to get it signed!!!

YouSoundBitter
08-10-2019, 05:21 AM
I love my FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION When You Come Back To Me Again/Frequency box set, that's limited and numbered, only 100 ever made...Next favorite in my collection is the vinyl of IN PIECES from Brazil!

Thing I want most is one of the guitars...

rhd13
08-10-2019, 12:10 PM
Great question. I don't know about an ultimate item I'd like to have, but I do have a few items that I really love.

- Probably my favorite is one time when I met Garth I got him to sign the holographic first edition of the Chris Gaines album. On the "Garth Brooks...In the Life of Chris Gaines" side he did his typical signature. On the "Chris Gaines Greatest Hits side" he actually autographed it "Chris Gaines" with the C in Chris being an inverted 7 and the G in Gaines being made out of two 7s (one right side up and one inverted). Freakin' awesome!!!!

- A couple other cool items I have. I have a photo that I made at a Garth show of both Garth and Trisha. I blew it up to poster size and actually got both of them to sign it.

- I have the first 7 Double Live covers all autographed and in a frame.

- I have a shirt he wore at a show in Cincinnati (in '96 I believe) in which he ripped it onstage. They put it up for a silent auction at the Grand Ole Opry at a charity concert and I was able to get it for a very reasonable price (ie. less than $150).