PDA

View Full Version : What is left to prove?

gbkubfan
07-29-2019, 07:18 AM
I know I am jumping the gun. I am currently being made to lay in bed and not walk on my foot unless I need to go to bathroom or eat. When I eat I get to use computer. So laying in bed I was thinking. Garth will probably hit 200 million albums sold by end of the year. Most of his albums up to Sevens will be certified Diamond status. What does Garth have to prove anymore? Besides a new album every now and then what else is there. He can do a Legacy 2 with the albums not on vinyl. He can finish up the Anthology series. I am guessing maybe another residency in Las Vegas maybe an occasional mini tour.
What I would like to see once he has exhausted his vinyl and stuff is first an honest greatest hits album with rare versions of his songs or a 2 disc album with original and rare stuff. A duets album not with Trisha. A Garth sings his favorite country songs that aren't his. I'd like to see him release his first 7 albums as 2 discs with the original album and a unreleased versions of the songs on the second disc much like the greatest hits.
Do I really care if he releases new music every year. No. I just love his voice on the songs he sings and would love hearing him do past country songs.
Garth does Merle, Garth does George (Jones and Strait), even Garth does Dolly.
I'd like to hear what his goals are. Does he want to get to 300 million. Does he want to hit 100 million, then 200 million on soindscan. Will he work to get No Fences up to #1 versus the Eagles and Michael Jackson?
But lets celebrate that we are getting 3 new projects in the next few months. Legacy, FUN, and Triple Live.
As a collector I am excited by the various covers for Triple Live. Wondering if their is going to be first editions of FUN and Triple Live. And last but not least, will any of these be bundled together like Christmas Together was.
Well time to head back to bed. My foot needs rest and I have a dialysis meeting with doctor. :-)

Skywise
07-29-2019, 11:20 AM
I know I am jumping the gun. I am currently being made to lay in bed and not walk on my foot unless I need to go to bathroom or eat. When I eat I get to use computer. So laying in bed I was thinking. ok, we'll forgive ya then ;) being laid up in bed can be no fun sometimes!

lemme play devils advocate here and (probably) get ya thinking more..

Garth will probably hit 200 million albums sold by end of the year. Most of his albums up to Sevens will be certified Diamond status.when you hear things like 'garth will probably'.... thats still seemingly a lot of speculation...

What does Garth have to prove anymore? realistically? nothing at all... he's done everything that can be done, really.

Besides a new album every now and then what else is there. For an artist, he certainly could release more music- I think this is a preferred activity for most non casual fans

He can do a Legacy 2 with the albums not on vinyl. He can finish up the Anthology series. unless really crappy sales are happening for the anthologies, I think that both are good bets, eventually. Garth can make some statement(s) about how blown away he is by the response to the vinyl release, etc.. and he'll put his entire catalog into 1-2 more legacy sets... it sounds like a way to boost #'s and the like- I'm getting a feeling though that we'll be getting shafted big time on "bonus songs"

I am guessing maybe another residency in Las Vegas maybe an occasional mini tour. residency in Vegas? don't really see it- a mini tour? sure- perhaps, but that's still also not on a 'garth level' of doing things...

What I would like to see once he has exhausted his vinyl and stuff is first an honest greatest hits album with rare versions of his songs or a 2 disc album with original and rare stuff Not likely to happen with Garth's control freak needs.. It'd be a GREAT idea, but it's not gonna happen. rare versions of his songs.... which rare versions? the dance soundcheck- not gonna be released... but what other 'rare versions' Id love to hear rare stuff myself, other garth stuff, anything really that's not been heard a million times before

. A duets album not with Trisha. not likely to happen... a great idea though...

A Garth sings his favorite country songs that aren't his. another great idea, but already done to an extent in the 'country classics' part of BIAOMR. Not trying to be rude but this reeks of 'other level artists'.. if I am being honest

I'd like to see him release his first 7 albums as 2 discs with the original album and a unreleased versions of the songs on the second disc much like the greatest hits. what 'unreleased' versions? garth's already done something like this (a little like it) with the first anthology.. still, good idea but wishful thinking..

Do I really care if he releases new music every year. No. I just love his voice on the songs he sings and would love hearing him do past country songs. agreed- mine youtube and other places, there are SOME cuts out there... not all great quality, all, surely though.

Garth does Merle, Garth does George (Jones and Strait), even Garth does Dolly.[quote] would like to hear Garth singing strait/jones/haggard (not dolly, def..) but it is still not gonna happen likely in that type of release.

[quote]I'd like to hear what his goals are very true- but his HONEST goals, not the PC, image driven, 'GARTH BROOKS the commodity' goals...

Does he want to get to 300 million. Does he want to hit 100 million, then 200 million on soindscan. he's a #'s guy, of course he does ;)

Will he work to get No Fences up to #1 versus the Eagles and Michael Jackson? depends on how many times he can re release it

But lets celebrate that we are getting 3 new projects in the next few months. Legacy, FUN, and Triple Live. exactly- well, whenever they arrive- it'll still be good!

As a collector I am excited by the various covers for Triple Live. Wondering if their is going to be first editions of FUN and Triple Live. And last but not least, will any of these be bundled together like Christmas Together was.
Well time to head back to bed. My foot needs rest and I have a dialysis meeting with doctor. :-)
Hmm.. I'm over the multiple covers thing, but first editions I'm sure there will be some sort of limited edition and that'd be worth a repeat buy (1 ltd 1 regular).. bundles? ehh don't know... good question though it still sounds like 'other artist' territory..