PDA

View Full Version : Dive Bar

copinark
06-05-2019, 02:58 PM
https://www.etonline.com/garth-brooks-and-blake-shelton-to-duet-on-new-song-dive-bar-exclusive-126487?fbclid=IwAR0vqxiZgq_TC1PtPOJYuiq_tf9_Zeqw1D PkPFSQO7E1h3Pz4Lh4ZHomzPw

CER956
06-05-2019, 03:06 PM
Just came to post this!

DIVE BAR - WATCH IT EXCLUSIVELY ON MYSPACE :-"

swecow
06-05-2019, 03:16 PM
This is so cool.

Live recording of the song at the first Boise concert, which will be their first performance of the song.

Did he say Blake is opening for him or just open (as in his schedule) and flying out to sing with Garth?

Emerald Isle
06-05-2019, 05:37 PM
And see, this is how I know I'm still a huge Garth fan despite all my complaints and frustrations with how he runs his business and the constant repackaging of the 90's stuff --- when he starts talking about new music, I still get so excited!! Can't wait to hear this and hopefully we get the full album next month as has been alluded!

garthcop
06-05-2019, 06:36 PM
Will the video be the concert performance I wonder?

Brett Dale
06-05-2019, 07:22 PM
Cool, Ive always liked Blake Shelton's music, I think he is a fun artist.

So if the single will be released to Radio on July 18th, Im guessing we can expect the album around that time?

YouSoundBitter
06-05-2019, 08:02 PM
I say about 4-6 weeks after that. Let radio play the song and mention the new album coming out, build up the hype.... hopefully!

coco1997
06-05-2019, 10:59 PM

So if the single will be released to Radio on July 18th, Im guessing we can expect the album around that time?

June 18th.

wimpy77
06-06-2019, 01:51 AM

If the single is being released on June 18 i would think the album would be out around August or September.

Emerald Isle
06-06-2019, 02:04 AM
If the single is being released on June 18 i would think the album would be out around August or September.

I thought the latest rumor was that the album will come out (at least digitally) on Amazon Prime Day, which is usually mid July.

wimpy77
06-06-2019, 03:05 AM
I thought the latest rumor was that the album will come out (at least digitally) on Amazon Prime Day, which is usually mid July.

it very well could. I just take rumors on the internet with a grain of salt.

coco1997
06-06-2019, 12:53 PM
I really hope we don't have to wait another two-three months after "Dive Bar" premieres for the new album. For God's sake, we're coming up on the one year anniversary since "All Day Long" was released!

gbfevernorway
06-07-2019, 06:25 AM
Finally Garth on Spotify? I can't imagine Blake Shelton accepting this song not being available digitally. But if it is not a real duet, Garth may own all the rights and keep it from reaching the channels where music is consumed these days.

Skywise
06-07-2019, 11:05 AM
I gotta wonder- am I the only one who's excited to hear garth on new music, happy it's not a TY/GB duet this time , but honestly kinda 'meh' about blake shelton's involvement? Guess I'll have to take a wait and see approach with this one...

who knows....

CER956
06-07-2019, 12:11 PM
Remember when Blake first came out with Austin, such a great tune and great vocal, who'd thunk it fall so far so fast with regards to quality material.

Still since he still has his pipes, this could be good.

And I hope Mark Miller has learned to produce in the years since Gunslinger but not too hopeful.

copinark
06-17-2019, 01:01 PM
Teaser here. Definitely a nice country feel to this one. https://www.kfdi.com/2019/06/17/garth-and-blake-tease-dive-bar/?fbclid=IwAR2E6Wu4wsDAT_QY8ccCtT6j8nNWKBmzZLZzAeVi wEMbkJHFnxXVX7CRMZQ

CER956
06-17-2019, 01:51 PM
Sounds OK, I was expecting something "peppier" but this can work.

Emerald Isle
06-17-2019, 02:36 PM
I like it. Sounds like a lot of fun, actually. Has it been said yet whether those who pre-ordered the album on Amazon will get this track tomorrow? Or is it radio only for a little bit?

Skywise
06-17-2019, 03:49 PM
ehh.. first listen.. hard to hear how this is a 'Garth song' and not a 'blake song' where garth just happened to sing a few lines- but there's more to it tomorrow I'm certain.

def. sounds radio friendly... Garth prob. needs that a bit with Blake's name attached to it.. will be fun to hear the whole thing....

garthcop
06-17-2019, 06:07 PM
ehh.. first listen.. hard to hear how this is a 'Garth song' and not a 'blake song' where garth just happened to sing a few lines- but there's more to it tomorrow I'm certain.

def. sounds radio friendly... Garth prob. needs that a bit with Blake's name attached to it.. will be fun to hear the whole thing....

Remember, Blake is the hot one on radio right now. Not Garth. Shoot, I saw Hardy open for Florida Georgia Line this past weekend. Hardy wrote Blake's current song God's Country. When Hardy mentioned Blake's name the crowd went crazy. So if Garth has to ride Blake's coat tales on this one to get back to the top, I'm ok with that. It'll better set him up for the single he releases after this one, and his new album. But we only heard a very small clip of the whole thing.

Skywise
06-17-2019, 06:20 PM
Remember, Blake is the hot one on radio right now. Not Garth. as little as I actually listen to Country radio right now (what's passing for hit music there, including blake, is largely crap..) yeah I'm aware Blake's the hot one..

So if Garth has to ride Blake's coat tales on this one to get back to the top, I'm ok with that. It'll better set him up for the single he releases after this one, and his new album. But we only heard a very small clip of the whole thing. exactly- we've heard very little . like I said , there's more to it I'm certain.. could end up being more like Whatcha gonna do w/ a cowboy, a decent duet in its own right...

Brett Dale
06-17-2019, 06:40 PM
I like it's sound, I think the whole song going to be a great listen.

nyyankfanken
06-17-2019, 06:56 PM
I'm hoping tonight on Studio G... he gives his Studio G family a bigger taste.

Skywise
06-17-2019, 07:47 PM
I'm hoping tonight on Studio G... he gives his Studio G family a bigger taste.

we didn't 'get a bigger taste on the show tonight at all. but did talk about it a lot, said it would be on 'fun', did play a snippet that's different from what I've heard today... . kinda inferred it may be released on prime day with a video.... (and maybe 'fun' too.. .. that could be wrong, but it sounded like it to me)

DuckStreetCowboy
06-18-2019, 08:44 AM
A lot of fun! I could see this one being really successful for the summer.

https://vimeo.com/342960845

coco1997
06-18-2019, 09:04 AM
I love it! I was worried when the duet with Blake Shelton was announced, but this is classic Garth.

Skywise
06-18-2019, 09:57 AM
Dive bar first impressions

at least at beginning, I can her what Garth meant while talking about this song about how Blake’s and his voice sound alike

honestly? It’s not TOO bad… could be better..

I can see the ‘summer anthem’ type of feel and thought to it..

It also does have a slight feel of ‘BEER Run’ to me (at least from about 1:20-1:30 and 1:40-1:55 of the song)

it’s not too bad.. it’s just SHORT… . song clocks in about 2:34 on the radio it sounds like…

I dont know if it’s the hit Garth will be thinking, but having blakes’ name attached to it will help… It’s more Garth than Blake (IMO) at first listen..

I'm also sure the ISG messages (the ones that will be allowed through anyway) are going to be fawning all over it..

copinark
06-18-2019, 10:27 AM
Listened to it three times this morning. Itís the same problem with PLP, I could barely understand Garth. Not sure if itís the production or maybe heís in a higher key but something is off.

Skywise
06-18-2019, 10:39 AM
Listened to it three times this morning. It’s the same problem with PLP, I could barely understand Garth. Not sure if it’s the production or maybe he’s in a higher key but something is off.

I had a bit of that too on first listen/second listen... he does sing fast/mumbles a bit

Emerald Isle
06-18-2019, 11:01 AM
Well I love it!! Great, fun song!!

Emerald Isle
06-18-2019, 01:47 PM
I was thinking, with Dive Bar and All Day Long, I really hope he keeps the Neon Circle G theme for the album cover, as it would perfectly fit the tone of the songs we've heard so far.

Skywise
06-18-2019, 05:30 PM
I was thinking, with Dive Bar and All Day Long, I really hope he keeps the Neon Circle G theme for the album cover, as it would perfectly fit the tone of the songs we've heard so far.

Maybe update it/ put a bit more into the cover but yeah... I agree, use it (at least partially) for the cover!

garthcop
06-18-2019, 05:39 PM
This song may be the end of both of their careers! Lol. It's not bad. But it's more of the same Garth as released since his comeback that hasn't worked. I like it cause it's Garth and catchy. Maybe it'll make it to the top 5.

Skywise
06-18-2019, 06:03 PM
This song may be the end of both of their careers! Lol. It's not bad. But it's more of the same Garth as released since his comeback that hasn't worked. I like it cause it's Garth and catchy. Maybe it'll make it to the top 5.

good points in some respect... I dont' know if its a career ender, it sounds like somewhat more of the same certainly.. but that's kinda the sound he's heading towards currently.. it'll make a run- how far? depends on how 'summer' treats it

rhd13
06-18-2019, 06:28 PM

I know everyone has their opinion, but I actually disagree pretty strongly and I'm surprised. I kind of expected to hate this song because I really haven't liked many of his singles since the comeback.
- "People Loving People" felt like this narcissitic attempt to heal the world through a 2nd rate version of "We Shall Be Free".
- "Mom" and "Stronger Than Me" were just so sappy it almost felt ridiculous.
- "Baby Let's Lay Down and Dance" was just terrible.

That leaves "All Day Long" as a pretty decent song (horrible production) and "Ask Me How I Know" which I really liked.

This to me feels more authentic than just about any single he has released since the comeback. I hear the 90s Garth in there and for the first time, in a long time, I'm actually excited about his new music.

I guess I can see where you guys are coming from that it is the same old sound he's been focusing on, but the difference is this feels like a more radio friendly song without being a complete sellout to try to pander to radio. It feels like Garth. Good grief, there is a prominent steel guitar in there. When's the last time you heard that on country radio?

This is why despite getting frustrated I love the guy. There are moments he hits it out of the park and I think this is it. Even if it flops at radio I think this is a great record. I haven't worked in radio since the early 2000s so I don't claim to know how radio will respond to this. I'll just be shocked if this is a total flop though.

garthcop
06-18-2019, 06:33 PM
I think he's trying to get as close to bro country but making it about bars instead of pickup trucks. I like it. But he keeps coming back to this type of tempo and topics of alcohol instead of songs that tell a story like he was good at.

rhd13
06-18-2019, 06:40 PM
Now that I will agree with. I still think this may do well.

Emerald Isle
06-18-2019, 07:15 PM
Yeah I really like this and All Day Long. One thing about both of those songs and even Honky-Tonk Somewhere (which I think is the best song on Gunslinger) is that even though they're similar in topic, tempo, and tone, the lyrics and plays on words (to me, anyway) are actually rather clever and the melodies are classic Garth. Add Midnight Sun, Beer Run, Under the Table, Please Operator, Longneck Bottle, Two Pina Coladas, and FILP and you've got a pretty good Bar compilation / playlist.

Emerald Isle
06-18-2019, 07:18 PM
Btw... if anyone wants or needs a copy of Dive Bar, pm me. I maybe possibly might be able to help you out. ;)

Skywise
06-18-2019, 08:10 PM
Hmm- after second listening- I def. do like it a bit better- just wish it wasn't so short, and Garth's right (at least at the beginning) they do sound alike

wimpy77
06-18-2019, 08:23 PM
I think he's trying to get as close to bro country but making it about bars instead of pickup trucks. I like it. But he keeps coming back to this type of tempo and topics of alcohol instead of songs that tell a story like he was good at.

Welcome to modern day country music. It's part of the reason I barely listen to do it anymore.

randa16
06-19-2019, 12:40 AM
I went into it thinking I will hate this song but I actually really like it. It is better then all day long and the train wreck that stronger then me was. It gives me hope for the rest of the album.

TheAlpadacas
06-19-2019, 11:47 AM
I know everyone has their opinion, but I actually disagree pretty strongly and I'm surprised. I kind of expected to hate this song because I really haven't liked many of his singles since the comeback.
- "People Loving People" felt like this narcissitic attempt to heal the world through a 2nd rate version of "We Shall Be Free".
- "Mom" and "Stronger Than Me" were just so sappy it almost felt ridiculous.
- "Baby Let's Lay Down and Dance" was just terrible.

That leaves "All Day Long" as a pretty decent song (horrible production) and "Ask Me How I Know" which I really liked.

This to me feels more authentic than just about any single he has released since the comeback. I hear the 90s Garth in there and for the first time, in a long time, I'm actually excited about his new music.

I guess I can see where you guys are coming from that it is the same old sound he's been focusing on, but the difference is this feels like a more radio friendly song without being a complete sellout to try to pander to radio. It feels like Garth. Good grief, there is a prominent steel guitar in there. When's the last time you heard that on country radio?

This is why despite getting frustrated I love the guy. There are moments he hits it out of the park and I think this is it. Even if it flops at radio I think this is a great record. I haven't worked in radio since the early 2000s so I don't claim to know how radio will respond to this. I'll just be shocked if this is a total flop though.

This is pretty spot-on to me. I liked some of the album cuts off MAM and Gunslinger (I actually kind of like Pure Adrenaline), but almost everything has suffered from very poor production - until this track. I don't know if they used Blake Shelton's producer or if they got something figured out, but the vocals seem to fit much better in the mix on Dive Bar.

coco1997
06-19-2019, 06:51 PM
This is pretty spot-on to me. I liked some of the album cuts off MAM and Gunslinger (I actually kind of like Pure Adrenaline), but almost everything has suffered from very poor production - until this track. I don't know if they used Blake Shelton's producer or if they got something figured out, but the vocals seem to fit much better in the mix on Dive Bar.

Yes, I'm hoping the other songs we've heard off "Fun" so far are just rough mixes compared to the finished, fully mixed and mastered album.

Brett Dale
06-19-2019, 07:04 PM
https://vimeo.com/342960845

nyyankfanken
06-19-2019, 07:12 PM
If anyone needs a copy of Dive Bar please let me know

TheAlpadacas
06-19-2019, 11:24 PM

Pretty much every track starting with BIAOMR has had the same shortcomings.

Brett Dale
06-20-2019, 02:33 AM
I love Dive Bar.

But it's driving me crazy.
It reminds me of another song, a quite famous song, but I just cant get it.

Not a country song either.

Ive listen and listen, and its in my head, but I just cant quite get it.

Anyone can help me here?? There is something about this song that is so so similar to another famous song (not the lyrics) but the
sound.

Im going crazy here. :-)

Great song.

Brett Dale
06-20-2019, 02:38 AM
It may be a country song that it reminds me of, the bit starts around 1.07 in.

Brett Dale
06-20-2019, 02:39 AM
Not sure if this was the song I was thinking of but now Im thinking at the 1.07 mark it sounds like "I threw the rest way" by tracy lawrance??

Emerald Isle
06-20-2019, 05:32 PM
Folks have probably already figured them out, but just in case, here are the lyrics:

Well turn that bottle up and drink it
Crank that jukebox up and Hank it
Bartender, pour another round
Here's to our best bad decisions
Situation no conditions
Oh and memories we all need to drown
So fill your cup
Raise it up
Jump in and join the club
And float this whiskey river reservoir

We're gonna spend the weekend in the deep end of a dive bar

'Cause up in here you're not the only loved and left her lost and lonely one who's ever swam against the tide
Thinkin' this is your oasis
It's the safest of the places
That a broken heart can find to hide
So here's a toast coast to coast
With a big old adios to wishes wasted on them falling stars

We're gonna spend the weekend in the deep end of a dive bar

Yeah it's just jabber after jabber of happy never after
But that's just the way the story goes
For some bar stool believers
Wear our heart out on our sleevers
Just going where the neon glows

Yeah we're just never quite belongers
Hanger on-ers way too longers
Just buzzing where the neon glows

Problems, we all got 'em
Let 'em sink down to the bottom
Doesn't matter who or where you are

We're gonna spend the weekend in the deep end
The water's fine, ya'll so just come on in
To the deep end of a dive bar
Of this Dive Bar
Talkin' 'Bout a Dive Bar

CER956
06-20-2019, 06:26 PM
Thank you for sharing that vimeo link!

The production (again) is atrocious, I love Garth's loyalty but he needs to FIRE MARK MILLER, it sounds like a cheap karaoke track.

coco1997
06-21-2019, 12:27 AM
Folks have probably already figured them out, but just in case, here are the lyrics:

For some bar stool believers
Wear our heart out on our sleevers
Just going where the neon glows

Pretty sure itís ďChapter after chapter.Ē

Emerald Isle
06-21-2019, 01:47 AM
Pretty sure it’s “Chapter after chapter.”

Ah yes, I'm pretty sure you're right. I didn't transcribe them, I just got them from HERE (https://tasteofcountry.com/garth-brooks-blake-shelton-dive-bar-lyrics/)

Skywise
06-21-2019, 02:07 PM
Gotta say- it's been a bit since I've listened to a Garth song (a new one) and it's gotten caught in my head the way this one is.. my thoughts are def. changing on it to the positive...

copinark
06-21-2019, 02:12 PM
I like the song but there's just something when I hear it on the radio it's difficult to understand the lyrics, especially when Garth is singing. I used chrome audio capture to rip it from the vimeo link and then transferred it to my phone. When I listen to it on my headphones or in the truck it's clearer. I'm not an audio tech guy but something is definitely going on. People loving people and BLLDAD was the same way.

Skywise
06-21-2019, 02:29 PM
I like the song but there's just something when I hear it on the radio it's difficult to understand the lyrics, especially when Garth is singing. I used chrome audio capture to rip it from the vimeo link and then transferred it to my phone. When I listen to it on my headphones or in the truck it's clearer. I'm not an audio tech guy but something is definitely going on. People loving people and BLLDAD was the same way.

JUST a thought that may be way off- did you capture things the exact same way with BLLDAD and PLP?

I wil say, for all the talk about country radio.. the country stations in Denver- where Garth just was.... have played dive bar a fat ZERO times today.. have not heard it at all

nyyankfanken
06-21-2019, 02:55 PM
I heard it on time this morning on 98.5. It was very early about 415am

Skywise
06-21-2019, 03:42 PM
Hehe I wasn’t up then :)

garthcop
06-21-2019, 05:33 PM
You know what this song is? It's a George Strait type of song. Can't go wrong with that!

Lowland_Kid
06-22-2019, 07:32 AM
Just gave it a first listen and it isn't bad. I might even like it after I listen to it more. :)

(At the same time, I am kinda annoyed that so many songs are about drinking. It often feels to me, as if drinking is being promoted and that you can't have fun if you don't drink. And I know from experience that this is not true. This is of course my "problem" and it has nothing to do with Garth or Blake. LOADS of country songs are about drinking and although I like some of the songs, it always annoys me a little that it has to be about drinking again.)

randa16
06-22-2019, 09:44 AM
Going to be honest I am loving this song the more I listen to it. I hated he was doing it with Blake Shelton but they are great together. If country stations actually play it this song has a good chance at #1. After stronger then me and all day long I had lost hope on this album but now I am excited. Still donít understand why it has not been added to the amazon album of fun I pre ordered a year ago

youngbuck
06-22-2019, 09:59 AM

I would love a copy

garthcop
06-22-2019, 12:31 PM
Just gave it a first listen and it isn't bad. I might even like it after I listen to it more. :)

(At the same time, I am kinda annoyed that so many songs are about drinking. It often feels to me, as if drinking is being promoted and that you can't have fun if you don't drink. And I know from experience that this is not true. This is of course my "problem" and it has nothing to do with Garth or Blake. LOADS of country songs are about drinking and although I like some of the songs, it always annoys me a little that it has to be about drinking again.)

The few times I saw him on his comeback tour, Garth was more about the crowd enjoying their drinks during songs like Two Pina Coladas and FILP. I don't remember him being that way in the 90s when I saw him. It was more about having a good time versus the emphasis on the beer. But, that's the time we live in now. Not a big deal. Just an observation to your post.

copinark
06-22-2019, 12:37 PM
JUST a thought that may be way off- did you capture things the exact same way with BLLDAD and PLP?

I wil say, for all the talk about country radio.. the country stations in Denver- where Garth just was.... have played dive bar a fat ZERO times today.. have not heard it at all
The songs were on the Bobby Bones show each time I heard them. Once I got the album they were clearer. I may just be going crazy. 😂

Emerald Isle
06-22-2019, 09:39 PM
Still don’t understand why it has not been added to the amazon album of fun I pre ordered a year ago

I think he said it would be added to amazon sometime in the first week of July or something like that.

CharlieBarton
06-23-2019, 12:08 AM
I finally heard it a couple of times. I'm not impressed. Certainly sounds more like a Blake song than a Garth song.

garthcop
06-23-2019, 05:34 PM
My wife was annoyed by how it's not in either singer's voice range. Especially Garth's! I still think it's catchy after you've heard it a few times.

Skywise
06-23-2019, 05:37 PM
My wife was annoyed by how it's not in either singer's voice range. Especially Garth's! I still think it's catchy after you've heard it a few times.

I agree!! It's catchy- was kinda hesitant, then listened more... now it's a song that's sticking in my head a lot.. great little ear worm!

garthcop
06-24-2019, 11:24 PM
Billboard says it's the highest debuting song for Garth since More Than A Memory!

DuckStreetCowboy
06-24-2019, 11:54 PM
Second biggest debut of the year behind ‘Beer Never Broke My Heart’ by Luke Combs, which debuted one spot ahead at 15.

wimpy77
06-25-2019, 12:34 AM
Where can i see the charts?

garthcop
06-25-2019, 09:28 AM
Where can i see the charts?

I signup for the weekly billboard update newsletter but you should be able to go to billboard.com. Country Music Airplay

Skywise
06-25-2019, 04:19 PM
Amazon's announced Prime Day as July 15 and July 16 (so, 2 prime days? :) )

Maybe Garth is gearing up for FUN's release? who knows.. Dive Bar's video should be set to start streaming then , I think... (if I remember right)

Emerald Isle
06-26-2019, 01:02 AM
Amazon's announced Prime Day as July 15 and July 16 (so, 2 prime days? :) )

Maybe Garth is gearing up for FUN's release? who knows.. Dive Bar's video should be set to start streaming then , I think... (if I remember right)

Here's hoping!

Brett Dale
06-26-2019, 01:34 AM
That will be brilliant if there is only another three weeks or so until the new album.

Emerald Isle
07-07-2019, 12:36 AM
This is probably old news to some folks, but the track titles of Trisha's new album are up on iTunes, and there's a new duet with Garth called "What Gave Me Away". Her album comes out August 30. Would Garth release his new album in the same month as Trisha's or shortly after?

wimpy77
07-07-2019, 01:12 AM
i would doubt he would release his album when she releases her album.

Brett Dale
07-07-2019, 01:16 AM
This is probably old news to some folks, but the track titles of Trisha's new album are up on iTunes, and there's a new duet with Garth called "What Gave Me Away". Her album comes out August 30. Would Garth release his new album in the same month as Trisha's or shortly after?

It wouldnt be before hand, or shortly after, Im guessing late September- early October for the new album. I also don't think we will be getting the stand alone Triple Live released this year, I think thats going to be
early next year. (thats okay, because we still have the fanmix which was brilliant.)

Im not sure if he will do another push on "The Legacy" vinyl thing during November.

Awesome though, that there is a duet with Garth on Trisha new album.

pudge104
07-14-2019, 06:22 PM
So is this being released tomorrow or what? Is anything Garth related coming out on Amazon Prime Day?

Charles
07-14-2019, 10:15 PM
So is this being released tomorrow or what? Is anything Garth related coming out on Amazon Prime Day?

Garth said weíd be able to stream the song on prime day on amazon !!

DuckStreetCowboy
07-20-2019, 09:58 AM
https://youtu.be/emZMGDZnXlI

garthcop
07-20-2019, 11:28 AM
https://youtu.be/emZMGDZnXlI

Good find! That's a special moment for that crowd. It seems the song as brought to life to Garth this summer.

Skywise
07-20-2019, 09:12 PM
heres' another look from a diff. camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHdBUXokm9I

gbkubfan
07-21-2019, 06:40 PM
The song is growing on me. I like this version on Billboard.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/country/8523134/garth-brooks-blake-shelton-perform-dive-bar-live-for-first-time-at

Skywise
07-21-2019, 07:12 PM
lol - unless I'm mistaken, that's literally the same video (links to same video in article) that was already posted by duckstreet

The song is growing on me. I like this version on Billboard.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/country/8523134/garth-brooks-blake-shelton-perform-dive-bar-live-for-first-time-at

wimpy77
08-03-2019, 09:46 PM
Dive Bar re entered the charts this week at #29. Let's see if it will gain since Blake Shelton's song is no longer #1.

Charles
08-12-2019, 02:09 PM
Dive Bar is still somewhere in the 20s...

But Blake Shelton is about to release ANOTHER diet to radio soon ...

A duet with Trace Adkins . Hopefully radio keeps playing Dive Bar .

garthcop
08-12-2019, 04:23 PM
Dive Bar is still somewhere in the 20s...

But Blake Shelton is about to release ANOTHER diet to radio soon ...

A duet with Trace Adkins . Hopefully radio keeps playing Dive Bar .

It seems to keep dropping. Is Garth doomed to only one #1 single after his retirement??

garthcop
08-13-2019, 09:04 AM
Well...it's actually up three spots to 24 this week. Trisha's song is up 3 spots too.

wimpy77
09-04-2019, 11:32 PM
I think it's time for a new single.

Skywise
09-04-2019, 11:36 PM
agreed!

gbkubfan
09-05-2019, 12:54 AM
Yep. It dropped again on the charts last week, never getting much higher than the 20's.

nyyankfanken
09-05-2019, 08:40 AM
Never hear it on the radio anymore

garthcop
09-05-2019, 08:20 PM
Yep. It dropped again on the charts last week, never getting much higher than the 20's.

No it didn't. It climbed another spot. It's been steadily moving up the last three weeks.

rhd13
09-05-2019, 09:03 PM
No it didn't. It climbed another spot. It's been steadily moving up the last three weeks.

garthcop is correct. Up one spot to #21. It has peaked at #16 so far, it’s debut week.

gbkubfan
09-05-2019, 09:08 PM
Depends what Billboard chart you look at.There are so many, airplay, radio, streaming etc. :-) I didn't look at all of them. :-) My bad.

Charles
09-05-2019, 10:05 PM
I'm actually hearing it more and more here!

rhd13
09-05-2019, 11:04 PM
Depends what Billboard chart you look at.There are so many, airplay, radio, streaming etc. :-) I didn't look at all of them. :-) My bad.

True. However, country airplay is definitely the one to watch in this case.

Brett Dale
09-05-2019, 11:44 PM
Can you stream Dive Bar on Amazon, or just part of it? Because when you go to the top country streaming singles, Dive Bar is not
in the top 50, and if this is the case, then Amazon is hurting him.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/country_streams

Skywise
09-06-2019, 12:08 AM
Can you stream Dive Bar on Amazon, or just part of it?
Well, I know you need PRIME (at least) if not amazon unlimited but I'm just about done w/ streaming it right now- I can get the whole thing...

Interesting- you used to be able to stream all the 'shown' songs on FUN..

now, you can only get 30s snippets of The Road I'm on and The Courage of Love
you can get the full songs of all day long, dive bar, stronger than me

CER956
09-06-2019, 12:40 PM
I'm not surprised it's not doing better, another misfire IMO. Garth went from one of the best produced artists in country music to sounding like a Garageband demo singer.

gbkubfan
09-06-2019, 01:10 PM
I think if Garth can win vocal event for Dive Bar it might help and maybe we get FUN for Black Friday.

Charles
09-06-2019, 02:17 PM
Can you stream Dive Bar on Amazon, or just part of it? Because when you go to the top country streaming singles, Dive Bar is not
in the top 50, and if this is the case, then Amazon is hurting him.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/country_streams

Yes you can totally stream dive bar on amazon music !! Itís in the top 30 on the amazon streaming chart .

Brett Dale
09-18-2019, 06:11 PM
Garth's only streaming partner is with Amazon. So hes not officially online anywhere else. Hes about to release the "DiveBar" video.

To my knowledge Amazon doesnt have music videos, so Im guessing it wont have an online presence, which means not a lot of
people will end up seeing it?

I dont see Garth teaming up with anyone else for his music videos/concert clips, but it does appear he has put a lot
of work into this one and wants it to be seen.

Perhaps his own webpage????

Garthoholic24
09-18-2019, 07:13 PM
Amazon does have music videos I have seen some.on my firestick
Garth's only streaming partner is with Amazon. So hes not officially online anywhere else. Hes about to release the "DiveBar" video.

To my knowledge Amazon doesnt have music videos, so Im guessing it wont have an online presence, which means not a lot of
people will end up seeing it?

I dont see Garth teaming up with anyone else for his music videos/concert clips, but it does appear he has put a lot
of work into this one and wants it to be seen.

Perhaps his own webpage????

wimpy77
10-02-2019, 09:37 PM
Let me get this straight. Billboard has put all of their charts behind a paywall?

garthcop
10-03-2019, 09:27 AM
Not the last time I checked. Dive Bar is stuck at number 20 right now. But the current number 1 was on the charts for 40 something weeks. So, it's not done.