PDA

View Full Version : Will Garth Certify his catalog now that The Beatles did?????

gbkubfan
02-23-2019, 04:47 PM
The Beatles certified their catalog by adding 5 million copies to their total. The Beatles now have RIAA number of 183 while Garth is still at 138. It will be interesting to see if Garth certifies now or after the new album and vinyl comes out.
Plus if Garth is one of the top 10 streaming artists on Amazon, when will his stream numbers be added to the mix?????

Brett Dale
02-23-2019, 05:21 PM
Who Knows. Apparently he has never released the Ghost Tunes numbers. Im not sure what Garth's end goal, I always thought
the RIAA means a lot to him. maybe less so now???

It doesnt seem like he is worried about the Billboard top 200 album charts, I just dont see a massive promotional push for "Fun" he may
do one of the late night talk shows, and something on inside studio G, but its not till spring anyway, so who knows????

How much of a boost is he going to get, I doubt if he could catch up to the beatles? Im guessing there numbers will go up even more
with the movie "Yesterday" coming soon.

Emerald Isle
02-23-2019, 06:25 PM
I think everything Garth has done since the comeback has been geared toward boosting his RIAA numbers. The recent pushes focused on The Chase and In Pieces tells me he’s doing everything he can to get them to 10 million. And including Double Live in the live Anthology seems to be an effort to boost its numbers too. I imagine Garth will recertify a bunch of stuff soon. But even then I don’t think he’ll ever be able to catch the Beatles.

Brett Dale
02-23-2019, 08:07 PM
I think everything Garth has done since the comeback has been geared toward boosting his RIAA numbers. The recent pushes focused on The Chase and In Pieces tells me he’s doing everything he can to get them to 10 million. And including Double Live in the live Anthology seems to be an effort to boost its numbers too. I imagine Garth will recertify a bunch of stuff soon. But even then I don’t think he’ll ever be able to catch the Beatles.

Im not sure he will ever catch the beatles at all, if he dropped amazon and went to Itunes and others, if he went to youtube, if when Fun is released he does a massive push, every tv talk show,
every radio station, if he pushes his catalog on these shows also, if he's pushed bu the big acts, lady gaga, etc then he will get a much larger boost to his numbers.

But I dont think that will happen.

he will do studio G, maybe one of the light night shows, but thats it.

He will get a wee boost to his catelog numbers.

He may go from 148 to around 155 Million.

Another thing does the industry care about the RIAA album numbers anymore?????

Garth might, but I dont think most people do.