PDA

View Full Version : What's Next For Greatest Hits CDs?

gbkubfan
02-23-2019, 04:23 PM
Kinda curious. Garth had The Hits. Then we had The Ultimate Hits. Both ceased production. Garth ended the Hits at around 10 million and he did a last pressing with The Ultimate Hits. So what comes next? Most artists have a greatest hits package for the casual fan and those getting interested in an artist or those who only want one or two songs. Plus the die hard fan or the collectors.
Will Garth have a third greatest hits package and will he pare down song selection?
I don't think he will release one in the near future becausae of Triple Live, the anthologys etc.
Plus he has always released Hits, all of them. Will he start releasing albums such as Garth's 12 greatest hits, or 30 years of hits.
I don't see him stopping this because both albums sold well and are Diamond certified. Couls he ignore this idea and make the new fan or people who want a certain song or tw buy the original albums to help raise their numbers.
Looking at the Billboard Country album chart I see a large number of hits albums by today's stars as well as part stars in the top 50 every week. So I really don't expect Garth to give it up.

Emerald Isle
02-23-2019, 06:20 PM
I thought he said that Vol 5 of the Anthology would focus on the hits, so
I imagine that whatever hits package he has planned will be released with that.

Skywise
02-23-2019, 09:56 PM
Hmm... I'd imagine Garth will put out another GH collection of some sort in the future.. Sure it'll have all the 'hits' we all have ad naseum, MAY have a few 'rarities' but I tend to doubt that to a point... Maybe more re-vamped 'double live' collections.... ala Triple live etc..

Steven75407
02-25-2019, 07:46 AM
I want a DVD of ALL his official videos. All of them. That includes both versions of We Shall be Free, the River video from the 94 world tour ( why it didn't make the Ultimate Hits I don't know), It's Your Song, Squeeze Me In, and even the unaired clip he did for Friends in Low Places. That would be the twenty five in all.

If Tomorrow Never Comes
The Dance
Friends in Low Places (show it to us, Garth)
The Thunder Rolls
The River (yes, the video came out in 94 but the song was released in 92 and Im doing these by album)
We Shall Be Free
Standing Outside the Fire
The Red Strokes
Callin' Baton Rouge
Ain't Going Down
The Change
In Another's Eyes
In Another's Eyes (Jay Leno)
I Dont Have to Wonder
To Make You Feel My Love
Anonymous
It's Your Song
Tearin' it Up, Burnin' it Down
Wrapped Up in You
Squerze Me In
Good Ride Cowboy
More Than A Memory
Working for a Living (with Huey Lewis)
Midnight Sun
We Shall Be Free 2007

And I wonder what Garth's opinion is on lyric videos. Don't get me wrong, I loved that DVD that came with the Ultimate Hits, but I'd like to see one of every video he made.