PDA

View Full Version : So the grammys are on

Brett Dale
02-10-2019, 11:42 PM
And the commercials are on, so i walk out to make a nice cold
drink, and i can sort of still hear the television but only vaguely,
because Im in the other room, and i hear....

COUNTRY MUSIC IS COMING TO NEW ZEALAND
NASHVILLE'S BIGGEST AND BRIGHTEST

THEN I HEAR IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES, i RUSH TO THE TV AND SEE....

A JOHNNY CASH IMPERSONATOR, THEN A DOLLY IMPERSONATOR, THEN
BACK TO THE GARTH IMPERSONATOR.

A GROUP OF m******* F******* C***** B***** No Talented Bull s***** artists, who
cant EVEN GET A JOB BEING THE OPENING ACT FOR THE DRUMMER FROM CONFERDATE MOTHER
F****** RAILROAD.

THAT WAS JUST PLAIN MEAN!!!!

AND IM NOT GOING TO CALM DOWN

Skywise
02-11-2019, 08:35 AM
so, you're mad at the local stations then.... ok-

Brett Dale
02-11-2019, 02:53 PM
so, you're mad at the local stations then.... ok-

Mad at the promoters, they have a habit of saying they're bringing out someone big and dont.

When shania was at her peak, they ran some ads, suggesting she was doing a concert here, when
they announced it, it was actually Scotland's biggest shania tribute act.

Also they did a promotion saying "Simpsons on stage" featuring the full voice cast of the simpsons, and
it was just some Canadian dude who did all the voices. They have a history of stuff like here.

Skywise
02-11-2019, 02:56 PM
Mad at the promoters, they have a habit of saying they're bringing out someone big and dont.

When shania was at her peak, they ran some ads, suggesting she was doing a concert here, when

Also they did a promotion saying "Simpsons on stage" featuring the full voice cast of the simpsons, and
it was just some Canadian dude who did all the voices. They have a history of stuff like here.

Gotcha- well, other than the fact that such misrepresentation is well, cruddy....

did you really expect that this time would be any different then, if they have a history of doing that with the people they are bringing in or (in this case) not bringing in?

Brett Dale
02-11-2019, 03:31 PM
Gotcha- well, other than the fact that such misrepresentation is well, cruddy....

did you really expect that this time would be any different then, if they have a history of doing that with the people they are bringing in or (in this case) not bringing in?

Like I said I was out the room, I didnt know who the promotional company was until I came back into the room, and saw their logo in
the corner of the screen.

Skywise
02-11-2019, 03:34 PM
Is it always the same promotional company that does this? surely there's some type of similarity in their production/presentation

Brett Dale
02-11-2019, 03:56 PM
Is it always the same promotional company that does this? surely there's some type of similarity in their production/presentation

Its the same company, they're very small here, they're based in a small town, and its run by a husband and wife.

Judging by the webpage, they do a lot of tribute acts.

Again I didnt see who the company was, until i rushed back into the room and saw their logo.

The voice over I heard was a guy who does voice overs and commercials all the time here.

We do have main promoters here, who bring out all the top acts, Eminem/Drake/Taylor Swift.

This company though doesnt.

wimpy77
02-11-2019, 11:32 PM

If that happened here the promoter would get sued.