PDA

View Full Version : Garth Will NOT Perform at Inauguration

DuckStreetCowboy
12-14-2016, 03:31 PM
This is the third thread on the subject, but I thought it was worth a post to let everyone know that it appears Garth and team declined an offer to perform. Posted without comment.

http://www.thewrap.com/garth-brooks-will-not-perform-trump-inauguration/

ElectricOutcast
12-14-2016, 04:32 PM
I'm gonna try and respond to this as carefully as possible: Like you, I didn't want him at this thing either. But my reasons were because of this feeling I'm having that something catastrophic might happen that day and for the sake of his safety I didn't want him over there.

I would appreciate if you guys didn't ask me to elaborate on my comments because I don't want to cross any lines or make any enemies for that matter.

SoCalGarthFan
12-14-2016, 04:39 PM
But he did get a classical singer from Italy, and the girl who won America's Got Talent, so he's got that going for him.

Skywise
12-14-2016, 05:27 PM
It's really a non story/issue..

It would be sad to know (although I wouldnt' be surprised at all, actually) If Garth cowed to the "pressure" presented by the (insert name for leftists /liberals/democrats here...) .. but then again ..... it's not surprising..

All being said- it's really a non issue.. So Garth doesn't sing.. I doubt anyone who supports The president elect (full disclosure- I'm not a trump supporter myself.. certainly not a fan of the democrats either... bu thats for other threads) is going to lose any sleep over it...

kinda makes ya wonder though ,if the talk about "serving if asked" is just talk to him... ehh it's tuesday... things to wonder about..

Garthmedic
12-14-2016, 10:33 PM
It would be sad to know (although I wouldnt' be surprised at all, actually) If Garth cowed to the "pressure" presented by the (insert name for leftists /liberals/democrats here...) .. but then again ..... it's not surprising..

I will insert the words "People who don't want him to perform", because I know plenty of people (both liberal AND conservative) who cannot stand Garth for various reasons. I am sure they will be happy.

Brett Dale
12-15-2016, 12:11 AM
So who has he got to perform?

Ted Nuget? Scott Biao? Tina Yothers from family ties?, Kayne west?, Kirk Cameron?, That priest guy who goes on Fox news and complains about the liberal media and gay people?, Cagney from
Cagney and Lacey?, the guy who use to sit behind horseshack from welcome back kotter?, what other names will be attending?

SoCalGarthFan
12-15-2016, 12:43 AM
Garth is in much better company, with those who won't be attending. Here's some names of talent who would have hung up on him had he called: Bruce, Bono, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Madonna, Elton John, James Taylor, Lady Gaga, Sting, Barbra Streisand, Dolly Parton, Faith Hill....

Garthmedic
12-15-2016, 01:09 AM
I cannot see how this thread will be productive. It has been reported that Garth won't be singing at the Inauguration. What else can be said?

Can we salvage this one?

Please?

Skywise
12-15-2016, 01:24 AM
I will insert the words "People who don't want him to perform", because I know plenty of people (both liberal AND conservative) who cannot stand Garth for various reasons. I am sure they will be happy.

very true, and "people who don't want him to perform" is a good synonym for the left/liberal side of things, actually..... \\

So who has he got to perform?

Ted Nuget? Scott Biao? Tina Yothers from family ties?, Kayne west?, Kirk Cameron?, That priest guy who goes on Fox news and complains about the liberal media and gay people?, Cagney from
Cagney and Lacey?, the guy who use to sit behind horseshack from welcome back kotter?, what other names will be attending?
Ted nugget's not a really good show (saw him as an opening act for KISS.. Scott Baio? who knows.. Tina Yothers? lol- she'd take it for the exposure I'd wager..

Kanye? too busy in the breakdown department, or the mk ultra mind control department if conspiracies are your thing...

Here's my big question, Brett (or anyone else..)

Who cares? why are people so obsessed with Garth performing for the president elect, so obsessed with things that they would cause enough of a stink to where it's not really possible that anything positive could come out of things.. kinda a shame..

It's not a big story as those who support the president elect will still support Pres. Trump.. Those who don't won't...

Garth is in much better company, with those who won't be attending. Here's some names of talent who would have hung up on him had he called: Bruce, Bono, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Madonna, Elton John, James Taylor, Lady Gaga, Sting, Barbra Streisand, Dolly Parton, Faith Hill.... lol not gonna take the bait of going off on each one of those, but as a collective... seems to be a roll call for the hollywood/music industry left...

Can't say I'd say 'better company'.. just different..

I don't know that this thread can be salvaged spud.. too many opinions.. Some think Trump is the defil

some don't..

some think that Garth should perform

some dont'

there's too much politically in this country to not have the thread interspersed with political talk...

fences2312
12-15-2016, 02:30 AM
I cannot see how this thread will be productive. It has been reported that Garth won't be singing at the Inauguration. What else can be said?

Can we salvage this one?

Please?

Yes. Agreed. Nothing to see here. Move on. =;[-X:O

Brett Dale
12-15-2016, 05:36 AM
very true, and "people who don't want him to perform" is a good synonym for the left/liberal side of things, actually..... \\

Ted nugget's not a really good show (saw him as an opening act for KISS.. Scott Baio? who knows.. Tina Yothers? lol- she'd take it for the exposure I'd wager..

Kanye? too busy in the breakdown department, or the mk ultra mind control department if conspiracies are your thing...

Here's my big question, Brett (or anyone else..)

Who cares? why are people so obsessed with Garth performing for the president elect, so obsessed with things that they would cause enough of a stink to where it's not really possible that anything positive could come out of things.. kinda a shame..

It's not a big story as those who support the president elect will still support Pres. Trump.. Those who don't won't...

lol not gonna take the bait of going off on each one of those, but as a collective... seems to be a roll call for the hollywood/music industry left...

Can't say I'd say 'better company'.. just different..

I don't know that this thread can be salvaged spud.. too many opinions.. Some think Trump is the defil

some don't..

some think that Garth should perform

some dont'

there's too much politically in this country to not have the thread interspersed with political talk...

True, good points. I guess its all history now.

Mr_Sevens
12-15-2016, 11:31 AM
Good.

etsuwes
12-15-2016, 03:15 PM
I didn't vote for the orange man. But I didn't vote for her either. Guess I was one of those in the middle that held my nose the whole time. If Garth had performed, I would not have been mad. I would not have boycotted him or lost sleep over it. As upset as I may be now with DJT or would have been had she won, come January there's nothing any of us can do about it except pray, if you're religious, or hope that the new POTUS is well guided and makes good decisions toward the betterment of our country over the next four years.

The only thing that upset me over this whole thing was people bombarding him on social media, leaving nasty comments as if he were "absolutely, definitely showing his support for Trump" as I read various times on his Facebook feed with a bit lip I might add as it were the whole truth and gospel, which it wasn't. The left versus right thing was guaranteed to happen in this, as it has with everything post election. But Garth never said anything in firm support of one candidate or the other, and people were spinning it the other way. His comments were in respect of the position. Having met Garth and knowing what each of us know about him, that's all it was.

I'm glad the whole thing is over with and the non-fans, many of whom didn't even like his Facebook page that bombarded his wall and giving all of his posts angry faces, can harass someone else.

Hope to see some of you in Cinci.

Emerald Isle
12-15-2016, 04:35 PM
Very well said estuwes!

GoesATG
12-27-2016, 06:29 PM
Just saw this...

http://www.dailypresser.com/trump-announces-special-guest-inauguration/

If it's true if happy that Garth didn't buckle to pressure. It kinda put me off when he had declined earlier.

Skywise
12-28-2016, 12:39 AM
unfortunately, GoesATG, that's a very opinion laden site- I can't say if I'd take it as truthful or not... especially with the TMZ 'quote' they use (i.e. they used the same already released 'statements' by garth on the matter)..

only time will tell for certain..

Mr_Sevens
12-28-2016, 02:25 AM
That article is incredibly deceiving. It cites an OLD Reuters report (12/9) that we already knew about. The headline is a flat out lie. No specials guests have been announced nor did they offer any proof or indication of it. Just more fake news clickbait BS. Looks like that site is full of it.

YouSoundBitter
12-28-2016, 08:54 AM
I agree with others here, if he does or doesn't, it doesn't matter much, I would much rather talk new tour dates and whole shows than one or two songs. Pointless...